Do we know anything about the game yet?

@Glarghface said in Do we know anything about the game yet?:

@Bardon-Plays said in Do we know anything about the game yet?:

I'd definitely like to see more effects from how well/badly you do in fights on the overall game. Certain items being scarce or very expensive because you lost control of a particular sector would be a good start.

I'd also love to see persistent AI gangs so that you could settle scores and grudges. It would feel great to get the chance, in a later fight, to kill that enemy that severely injured or killed one of your guys.

I would love to see the supply thing with events that can trigger after you do well or bad in some battles, like completing secondary objectives or winning quickly against the enemies. But since we're talking about supplies, i would like to see a small change in regards to Mordheim when it comes to consumables: either make them even more scarce and reusable/with a number of uses (Stimpacks can be used 3 times, etc...) or make them slightly more common to be found, but they dissapear after 1 use.

I'd love to see consumables have their own slots. I find in mordheim that I don't bring them because they'll take up space I can put wyrdstone in. It would be great if they had more utility in Necromunda. I like the idea of them being hard to get and bring one use.

I know Game kNight talked about guns jamming in his speculation video and it would be nice to have an item that could prevent jams for X number of turns. But again it should be very hard to get.

@Mekelan said in Do we know anything about the game yet?:

@Bardon-Plays said in Do we know anything about the game yet?:

I'd definitely like to see more effects from how well/badly you do in fights on the overall game

Agreed, but one thing I really, really don't want to see carried over from Mordheim is getting punished (failing objectives) because the opposing gang dies/quits too quickly - if I quickly dispatch the opposition, I should have all the more time to fulfill whatever secondaries exist.

I agree in the instances where it was a Wyrdstone rush and maybe even for Crush their Will. But when it's marked for death it's fair enough.

Personally, i don't take consumables with me in part because of picking warpstone and also because they aren't that good (except poultices and healing salves), especially if they dissapear after one usage. I think it would be better if they made the items better (less drawbacks and better benefits) or making said items disappear after a certain amount of uses.

And about the separate item inventory for the characters, i like the idea but at the same time i feel like in Mordheim it also had it's own purpose: choosing between that consumable or the warpstone. It would have been better if you could discard items on the fly and drop them to grab more valuable stuff (like anyone would do), but i also feel like that aspect of inventory management was also an important part that should be kept, but adding the "Discard item" option that would delete said item from your inventory to never be picked up again. As well, we should get a "switch item" command to dump valuables on other characters that have empty inventories.

@Bardon-Plays Aye, if it's something where you would have logically failed the objective because the opposing gang ran away, then fair enough. Incidentally, I understand why the rules were set up that way for Mordheim (otherwise, everyone probably would ignore objectives and just go for the kill every time), but it just felt too gamey for me when I arbitrarily lost objectives even though the opposition was completely dominated.

37 yrs gaming, when I stumbled across Mordheim on XB1 i was in tabletop turnbased RPG heaven. Still one of my fave purchases ever....my initiation into RPGs was my mates step dad who had all these amazing hand painted minitures, and hexagon squares laminated from which he would draw our surrounds for battles. This was the closest ive come to that experience, its something Ive looked for my entire gaming life. Its the perfect game for me, as turnbase RPGs / strats have always been the superior genre over real time, which I find is messy.

Mordheims design was so true to the table top turnbase gaming design and genrea with an excellently well balance combat system (the best ive seen) and excellent character modelling. Only gripe was some silly AI at times, where it would make a weird move and pull up rather than move in for the kill or get stuck on clipping/pathing and so ended move when that enemy could have really punished me. Its in my all time games/rare turnbase strat gems, like Dai Senryaku VII, and Gladius on OGxbox.

Cant wait for Necromunda for the XB1......this is going to be epic, hope it goes gangbusters like XCOM

#1 fan....loving FOCUS after Mordheim, the uniqueness of your titles/direction is a much needed space to be growing within, defining I should say. Well done. You have true gamers calling the shots, as these RPGs/Turnbase titles your bringing out scream deep game theory. Keep going Keep going absolute respect!

last edited by II The Salt

@II-The-Salt As much as i like Xcom, i really don't want Necromunda to be like Xcom. Sure it can take some mechanics from Xcom like the cover system or ammo management, but it would be better if the core game strayed away from Xcom as much as possible and stayed in the basis that Mordheim set.

It's better that Necromunda keeps being a niche like Mordheim is

Hello everyone! Perhaps repair kits for damaged or jammed guns? Also if they add skills there could be a
gunsmith skill used in game for unjamming or repairs? And I completely agree about having separate slots
for items. Maybe limited to so many per level. Slots could hold repair kits, reloads, grenades ect.

Then a backpack for looted items that are captured or scavenged.

@Glarghface said in Do we know anything about the game yet?:

As much as i like Xcom, i really don't want Necromunda to be like Xcom.

I have to agree with that - recently started playing Mordheim again (Extra! Extra! Panic breaks out as the much-feared ratmen of the "Scarlet Pimpanels" once again terrorize the streets!), and it really is a very well-put-together game. Can't wait to combine it with shotguns, 80's style punks and steroid-chugging maniacs!