Console release?

Curious as to the time frame when it will release on consoles. Not an exact date, though I'm wondering if people can be able to hold their breath for it coming out soon, or if it will be later 2019. Insurgency sandstorm will be coming to console in 2019 is not a very accurate gauge on when to expect it lol

I think there are many others who are watching the news close, hoping for a nugget of good news going into the new year. I remember during one of the dev live streams before Thanksgiving I asked if there is any status update on the console versions....they didn’t have anything to talk about really or share then, but they did say that Insurgency: Sandstorm was developed from the beginning with console being developed along side of the PC, meaning a port should not be too difficult at all. For all we know they could be waiting on Xbox/PS now for finalization. I’ve heard so many awesome things about this title and have been waiting for this game to come out for a long time. Hopefully by the end of January we will definitely hear more info on it’s pending release date. Who knows it might just drop out of nowhere also, but doubtful.

Hope that helps but I’m right there with you in wishing for some news. I know the devs seem to follow the forums on here so this might be a good place to hear more info soon.

I have almost 200 hrs so far in Sandstorm and PC will always be my main platform but I too would love to know any info on the console edition as well! I have several friends who are interested in this game but do not have PCs. I think you see where I am going with this. Anyways I plan to play both editions though considering they have been keeping very tight lipped on what’s going on PC side I doubt we will hear anything anytime soon regarding the console version unfortunately..

Maybe they can get it to actually run well on console.. Juuust sayinnnn! Lol

Yeah, consoles rule! Auto-aim too!

How the consolesist can match an pc-nerd? Only if he put somehow mouse + keyboard in. How many of them will do this?
Besides, this game series is elite like RO2, AAO2, not for the masses. And I think It could badly revoke on series and "new series". UT4 -- that's too much already.

There are a lot of console players waiting for news on Sandstorm's release on these platforms. Personally, I see nothing wrong with developers like NWI bridging the gap and I even applaud their effort. It's been a long time since we've had anything close to a hardcore, milsim-like title on PS.

Personally, I was on PC long before console and been a gamer for decades. .....I'm over 50 myself so I've seen and lived through the evolution of both.

This whole "us vs. them" crap is stupid. I never agreed with the petty attitudes of some back when I was exclusively on PC and still don't now.

Either way, NWI has acknowledged the requests from the console community and already made the decision which is what really matters. I hope they succeed and I (along with many if my friends) will be there to support them when the game finally arrives on PS4.

I agree, it's silly, the PC versus console arguements are based on literally nothing valid lol, but I digress. I'm glad more PC games are coming over to console, its upsetting to see games slip through the cracks of everyone's hands. Subnautica, The Forest, Sandstorm, and all of them. I'm just curious as to if it's being too whiny to ask for updates on the process. The game has already released, awards are being given, reviews are made, the impact is there but work is still left to get it out on console even though the tide is in. Is it put on the back burner due to other things in priority? Or are they just waiting for it to get approved and go through the motions? I dunno. But I hope something will happen soon 😁

@shivinyourback Read my comment better, i never claimed consoles to be better than PC, and if you didn't know already, the developers are not going to enable KM neither aim assist on the console versions.

Personally, the more people experience this game, the better, even if we are speaking of inferior hardware.

last edited by VengefulMosquito

@vengefulmosquito - I never saw console as inferior just different. But it would be amazing if they were able to play with us as long as they didnt complain about losing to a pc person throwing the age-old argument out there, but they would; both pc players and console.

@max80 I don’t think there was ever any mention of cross platform was there? I really don’t see this happening nor do I see NWI adding the support for mouse/keyboard once Xbox makes it available as much as I would absolutely love that.

@planetcanada said in Console release?:

@max80 I don’t think there was ever any mention of cross platform was there? I really don’t see this happening nor do I see NWI adding the support for mouse/keyboard once Xbox makes it available as much as I would absolutely love that.

You're right, there wasn't nor would I ever expect them to.

@kean_1 said in Console release?:

@planetcanada said in Console release?:

You're right, there wasn't nor would I ever expect them to.

I dont recall saying there was going to be a cross-platform release...I was talking about something else entirely. Did you guys read the discussion?

last edited by Max80

@max80 said in Console release?:

I dont recall saying there was going to be a cross-platform release...I was talking about something else entirely. Did you guys read the discussion?

Yeah, we did but I guess we misunderstood what you meant about it being amazing if console players could play with PC players as long as we don't complain. We are simply saying that it is essentially a moot point for the reasons mentioned.

@vengefulmosquito - I never saw console as inferior just different. But it would be amazing if they were able to play with us as long as they didnt complain about losing to a pc person throwing the age-old argument out there, but they would; both pc players and console.

@kean_1

I said as long as both pc and consoles don't complain, but both sides would "devolve into endless toxic arguments". To further explain - competitive would go down the drain or not be allowed at all between the 2 types of systems. Continuing, it would be best if we keep it casual when cross-platforming and leave competitive to their own system. I wasn't saying console would be the only to complain....both would.

last edited by Max80

....but it's all a moot point is what we're saying. There is no cross-play planned or even likely between platforms with this game. .....much less so with PS4.

Nothing to worry about in regard to toxicity except for those that (for whatever reason) simply don't like to see PC titles bridge the gap over to console.

last edited by Kean_1

@kean_1 -
its only moot if everyone in the discussion believed it was gonna happen....I was giving my dang opinion dude....that is allowed right? Do you walk around telling everyone their opinion is moot just because it isnt gonna happen lol....wtf.

last edited by Max80

@kean_1 -
its only moot if everyone in the discussion believed it was gonna happen....I was giving my dang opinion dude....that is allowed right? Do you walk around telling everyone their opinion is moot just because it isnt gonna happen lol....wtf.

Nevermind..... You asked and I explained. Sorry if I somehow offended you. ....moving on.