American Wilds Update 27/12/2018

@knight25 I agree. At this point all I want to see for MR is bug fixes and engine improvements, not new content. New content would be welcome after all the significant issues are corrected, but with the DLC's and workshop mods there is more than enough content for now.

last edited by Unster

There are a couple of rather important graphics issues that are present after this patch with an nVidia card at least.

1. In game SSAO produces artifacts (lines) on vertical surfaces;
    - get a Chevy Bison, Freightliner or Western Star and check the vertical side of the hood -> you'll see the artifacts;

2. Under certain circumstances texture quality decreases and remains low until the whole games is restarted. This is noticeable for trucks (easiest to check is to observe the writing on the side of American trucks), logs and roads but can happen for other textures as well. Reportedly this happens as you play along however you can trigger it on demand via two methods:
    - going from a loaded map to the main menu and then back to that loaded map;
    - while in a loaded map setting a lower resolution than the native one; returning to the native resolution doesn't fix it.

For issue number two I've left a more detailed description as a Bug report under the thread 'Low-resolution logs' (https://forums.focus-home.com/topic/31515/low-resolution-logs-pc). Check it out please.

last edited by XenoRad

The only thing at this point I'd love to see, is the k5 and f-150 not suck so bad in mud that they are unusable

@kingnightshadow said in American Wilds Update 27/12/2018:

The only thing at this point I'd love to see, is the k5 and f-150 not suck so bad in mud that they are unusable

They're definitely usable. Turn on diff lock & 4WD and go light on the throttle and it should be fine. These are some of the vehicles I had in mind when I said they were overpowered which makes things worse (more wheel spin). I have them nerfed in my version of the game for better game balance. Either way, you gotta control the throttle.

last edited by Unster

@xenorad Those lines are not new. I noticed them long ago on the white semi-trailer (one of the certified mods). But I didn't notice them on the darker surfaces like the side of the Bison until now when you mentioned it. I don't think they're that noticeable. And I'm not sure if the MR devs can do anything about it. It's likely an Nvidia driver issue.

I tried going in & out of a saved game and observed the lettering on the side of an AW truck but I didn't see any difference. But I did notice the issue after playing the game for some time. So you're right the issue is still present. But unless the devs are manually swapping lower-res textures for high-res textures this could also be a driver issue.

last edited by Unster

@pavel One thing I would also love to see in the next patch is an adjustable camera distance to the truck that stays fixed unless I change it and more than just 2 distance settings. I often find the "far" camera too far, and the "close" camera too close. A full range from min to max would be so much better.

@chaton could you work on getting 60 FPS working on Xbox one X?, at the moment at 4K 30 when you tilt the camera to look down from above the trucks while driving on tarmac the game speeds up to 60FPS and it looks great until you turn the camera to look where you’re going and everything gets rendered in and frame rate locks back to 30. Have a 4K@30 and a 1080P@60 mode in settings on Xbox One X

@brazz989 said in American Wilds Update 27/12/2018:

@pavel said in American Wilds Update 27/12/2018:

@unster said in American Wilds Update 27/12/2018:

• Force feedback is still dead unless the wheel is turned off and on in the controls menu.

Hello!
It just got to our attention that force feedback was indeed completely broken, hehe!
Thank you for bearing this, next patch will fix that! (and improve force feedback behaviour in general too)

Next patch will further improve light vehicles performance, which I think is one of the most important things patches can do at this point, given the amout of said vehicles in workshop.

Best regards,
Pavel

Hopefully said patch finds its way to the consoles where it's really needed. We can play with any number of vehicles that have better mud traction on pc, the consoles need the better performing stock vehicles more.

We all hope that.
I need force feedback in consoles. I've stopped playing MR because the lack of it.

@edu27

Just bought this game for PS4 to play with my T300, T3PA Pro and TH8A. I research things at least a bit before purchase and made sure to read about wheel compatibility. I now know that we on PS4 only have force and no feedback. There seems to be no solid information at this point as to whether or not we can ever hope for FFB on console. I try not to whine but I'm really surprised at how this just seems to be a non issue for those in control. A little transparency goes a long way.

Are there currently any plans to implement force feedback for PS4 players attempting to use their wheels? Currently, those of us with officially supported wheels are only experiencing only a centering force rather than any true force feedback. I'm not trying to throw any more stones, I just hate not knowing.

Could I please get a definitive answer? And perhaps a sentence or two expanding on that answer? I would just love to have a real, human discourse about the issue. Thank you in advance for any information, it is greatly appreciated.

@torotoker said in American Wilds Update 27/12/2018:

Could I please get a definitive answer? And perhaps a sentence or two expanding on that answer? I would just love to have a real, human discourse about the issue. Thank you in advance for any information, it is greatly appreciated.

i am curious to see this as well. 🤔

Many of us would. I'm trying to gather information but there just isn't anything available for us console users. I bought the game with the intent to play using force feedback. The game is still great fun, but its not what I paid for. I would have no means of recourse as I purchased through PSN, even if I did feel I deserved a refund as the product I received is not what was being advertised.

Again, I'm not here to nitpick and fight. I just don't understand the lack of communication concerning this issue. The product we console users received was a lesser product. I'm not complaining abouts mods or anything not related to what was advertised at the point of sale. No one would be happy in any circumstance to receive a product that was incomplete or not as promised, whether it were a pizza that arrived without sauce, a car without cruise control or an off road game without force feedback.

For me it is as much of a moral issue as it is a consumer issue. People should be good to each other in all circumstances and I truly feel that the lack of communication and short one sentence answers being afforded to us right now, is a bit disrespectful on a person to person level. Please have an active discourse with us, it would be so appreciated.

Thank you

Hello everyone,

Regarding the issue of the force feedback on consoles, I've already passed it along to the team. I'll be back if I have more details.

@chaton said in American Wilds Update 27/12/2018:

Hello everyone,

Regarding the issue of the force feedback on consoles, I've already passed it along to the team. I'll be back if I have more detailseno

Please come back and discuss with us regardless of the details. I think a lot of us feel like no one cares and we aren't important enough at this point. Put yourselves in our shoes. We just want to play what was created for us. We need more transparency. Please, there is nothing more I can do to help myself.

@chaton said in American Wilds Update 27/12/2018:

Hello everyone,

Regarding the issue of the force feedback on consoles, I've already passed it along to the team. I'll be back if I have more details.

Also, I would like to ask if when you say you have "already passed it on" do you mean recently or this information was passed on over a year ago? I have no idea how to take that statement. Can someone please come and discuss this issue with us? We console users are being punished for supporting Mudrunner. Someone within the company must see this and feel some kind of empathy. Does anyone truly care?

So when this update will land on consoles?