Xbox controller BREAKS the game completely

If you have a controller plugged in (XBox controller for me), you start the game then in menu you have the XBox controller scheme which suddenly appears in menu (press A, press X, and so on you see what I mean). Then you unplug the controller. then you search for let say a COOP game. Now you have join a COOP game, you still have the controller scheme enabled in game, you can not use keyboard to move, and you voice is automatically transmitted in game.

I can reproduce this every single time following the above steps.

Restart game now with the unplugged controller, you can use keyboard to play, and your voice is not auto transmitted in game.

Game should be compatible with controller unplugging, or have some sort of option to completely disable controller support or even better, BOTH.

last edited by omano

I've got XBox controller (wireless) connected (because it's charging over USB) just about all the time and it gives me no issues at all for playing with kb and mouse (apart from the menu hints being for controller buttons).

See https://forums.focus-home.com/topic/34411/kb-m-issue-with-controller-gamepad for more details.

Hey @omano,
Thank you for pointing out this issue. I've forwarded it to the team.

Have a nice day!

@mashiara said in Xbox controller BREAKS the game completely:

I've got XBox controller (wireless) connected (because it's charging over USB) just about all the time and it gives me no issues at all for playing with kb and mouse (apart from the menu hints being for controller buttons).

See https://forums.focus-home.com/topic/34411/kb-m-issue-with-controller-gamepad for more details.

How do you unplug your wireless controller to reproduce the steps I posted? :awkward: you don't have same setup so you're not in same condition to reproduce the bug.

Win 7 64 by the way

last edited by omano

When it's connected to USB it's a wired controller (AFAIUnderstand, it might use the wireless link though, main point is that it's visible in the system as controller), anyway unplugging the cable means it will no longer be visible on the system unless I turn it on and it (re?)connects via the wireless link.

Of course our setups are not identical, the usual problem with PC gaming: just about everyone has different setup, it might be just a little.

Maybe I misunderstood the problem and I definitely did not try to reproduce it step by step, anyway the controller does not interfere with kb/mouse play in any way for me but I do not touch it either (maybe that would provoke something, maybe not), it just exists in the system and the game does show the controller scheme in menu so the game is seeing it too.

Ok, did some testing.

1. When connected via USB it is a wired controller, I removed the wireless receiver and the controller is visible in the system and works fine.
  2. In menus mixing kb/mouse and controller input worked fine, however in the game I had to unplug the controller to get kb/mouse control back.
  3. In the game I could not use the controller for control, maybe missing bindings maybe some artefact is unplug/re-plug, didn't test various scenarios.

Capture of my quick test session.

Youtube Video