Leavers in competitive

I'm sure there's already several topics on the subject, but, this kind is a big issue. Today I've played 10 games, of which in half there's been a leaver - no joke, I counted. Leavers really need to be penalized with temporary suspensions from comp for it.

why does it sound so odd to use the word leaver as a person? Is it because most people type out the action corresponding with the person? I just thought it was weird.....regarding the topic, I dont pvp but I am sure its annoying. It is very annoying when people leave after one loss in pve...I am not talking about 1-2 I am talking 70-80 percent of your squad gone after the first failure together.

last edited by Max80

@max80 said in Leavers in competitive:

why does it sound so odd to use the word leaver as a person? Is it because most people type out the action corresponding with the person? I just thought it was weird.....

It's just a term used commonly in MOBAs and games like Overwatch.

@max80 said in Leavers in competitive:

regarding the topic, I dont pvp but I am sure its annoying. It is very annoying when people leave after one loss in pve...I am not talking about 1-2 I am talking 70-80 percent of your squad gone after the first failure together.

Yeah, it's particularly bad in competitive because people usually play it seriously and are really trying to win.. 4v5, if the teams are even close-to balanced, you don't have much of a chance.

last edited by tzaeru

i love this game so much, i'm playing with my friend after getting the game a few days ago and we are having a blast.
however the leavers issue in competitive is a very big one and should be addressed quickly; today we even had a 2v5(one of the two is my duo buddy).
we know the playerbase is small etc but at least it would be nice to force people to have a minimum level (doesn't need to be extremely high) before joining competitive, and maybe to have a sort of "loss prevented" system when there are disconnections.
around 1\3 of my games ended up with one disconnect or more on my team and it is very hard\stressful to win when it happens.

I tried competitive and left because it wasn't fun. The fast pacing clashes with the realistic mechanics, hit registration is horrible (at least compared to co-op), and a couple of teammates were toxic. I didn't play another, though (and don't plan to).

Agree with the above statement. Its no fun to be attacked and belittled for your play and trying to help the team is frustrating. Got tired of the abuse and left a game. Waited until the round was over, but no more PvP, or COMP.

Dont play comp them?

Competitive will be a toxic nightmare once they can vote kick you for not being good enough.

@mlb7 - That is why I believe NWI is choosing to keep vote kick in the community servers and NOT in the official. They are essentially meeting us halfway on this.

last edited by Max80

@max80 Thanks for setting me straight on that. I thought they were adding it to official servers.

@mlb7 As far as I understand it no.....but if I am wrong MLB7 my sincerest apologies. As far as I read they are not releasing vote kick in official servers.

"...however, we’ve heard your feedback and we understand that when used responsibly this can be an effective tool in dealing with disruptive players. As such we’ve decided to add it as an option for community servers. We’ll continue to monitor community feedback on this and other systems and make changes accordingly."

https://forums.focus-home.com/topic/34830/insurgency-sandstorm-community-update-17th-of-january-2019/2

last edited by Max80

it is terribly annoying. Today I played about 10 games and in half of them my teammates left and I lost. What week I can not rise because of this above the "gold 2". Also 5 single players should not play against ready-made teams.

@max80 Yeah, it's cool man. I went back and looked after you let me know. I'm pretty happy I was mistaken.

Hey!

The current plan for the February update is for leaver penalties to be applied in competitive mode, as mentioned in our latest community update. I can also confirm that the vote-kick will only be on community servers.

For the full community update, click here.

last edited by Jellyfoosh