Sandbox map

Am I missing where the new sandbox map is? Is there a new sandbox map?

Will whoever is reading this thread please bump it. I feel like I’m the only one that is wondering where this new sandbox map is... unless I’m not understanding what they said. If anyone knows what’s up let me know.

The whole game is a sandbox. Google the term to find its definition.

@mudrunnerr50

Copy that. Was just basing the term “sandbox” off of other titles that’s usually are big open world maps. Thanks for clearing this up brother

Uhh ya.. That's exactly what the entire game is.. A sand box..

The "proving ground" is available via the single player game setup screen, it's a button, not a map you can select like the others.

what button is it on an xbox one controller?

Well, I must have misunderstood too, but I sure as hell was confused as to where the huge sandbox map was to be found.
These comments led me to believe there was at least going to be an additional map...

• "A huge upgrade over its predecessor, this edition comes complete with a brand new Sandbox Map joining alongside the original game's 5..."

• "Explore an immense, untamed sandbox environment"

Maps:
Spintires - Mudrunner

The Bog ~ Plains
Island ~ Volcano
Seashore ~ Coast
Crossing ~ River
Downhill ~ The Hill
Deluge ~ Flood

Proving Grounds is exactly the same.

And if the answer is that the challenges are based in a new map then thats pretty weak.

Rightly or wrongly, I feel misled..

Not misleading in anyway. Sandbox isn't a new term in video games. They can't help if others are late to the party..

@mudguts said in Sandbox map:

brand new Sandbox Map joining alongside the original game's 5...

care to explain this then?

i can see where the confusion might arise from the term "joining" as in combining them together as one big sandbox, or as in joining the other sandbox maps from the previous game.

i don't think i've seen ultra huge maps from modders yet, maybe there's a hardcoded limit. these types of games sometimes load the whole world rather than stream it in in chunks.

last edited by clarionhorn

The thing is, there were already 6 maps in Spintires. Flood was the 6th that was added in a later update. Maybe they mean that at the release of Spintires there were 5 maps, and this game releases with 6, but that's just stupid ¯_(ツ)_/¯

last edited by Gringo

The text got cut on the Steam store page. On http://www.mudrunner-spintires.com/en, it says:

this edition comes complete with a brand-new Sandbox Map joining alongside the original game's 5 environments,

And when you call up the proving ground, it shows you that it incorporates different surfaces aka driving environments.

I was hoping for a huge map, too, but the game can't support that yet, so that can't have been what they meant, even though we did understand it like that (and maybe some of the tranlators did as well).

last edited by mendel

I don’t have an option for proving grounds on Xbox one

I'm not one to whinge about game content and expect to pay $13 and have a tailor made game just for me.
And Im not asking what is a sandbox map, or why is it not so vast.
Its just clearly reported on Focus/Mudrunner/Steam sites that there will be a new map.
Original had 6+proving grounds, this has 6+proving grounds.

From http://www.mudrunner-spintires.com/en
Under "New":
"Vast Sandbox map
Joining alongside 5 maps from the original Spintires comes a new sandbox map, filled with its own challenges for you to tackle.."

I think it must be something like Island is the new map (and minus Volcano). They do say alongside 5 original maps. So take away one, add one. I think that is where most of the confusion is coming from??