K-700 Loader controls are ridiculous (using an XBONE controller) + Steering improvement

Why in god's name do we need to split up the loader controls across both sticks, on the horizontal axes no less. Either let us assign the controls manually, or use the industry standard right hand loader controls that have been in use for decades:

• right stick left movement: loader crowd (tilt back)
  • right stick right movement: loader dump (tilt forward)
  • right stick down movement: arm raise
  • right stick up movement: arm lower

You guys publish farm simulator, in which the loader controls have been properly thought out... You know better than to let something this unpolished out the door...

While we're at it, the steering cylinders on the K-700 do not need to comply with the "wheels steer downhill" feature. Unless the hydraulic system on the tractor is utterly shot, the machine will stay articulated in the angle you put it, perhaps excepting someting like the MAZ pulling on it sideways.

Thats just the tip of the iceberg. The fact that you have to reverse the vehicle to use it, yet the rear work lights only turn on if you are utilizing the loader attachment. And then loading it from the log cutting station is terrible. Crane is the only effective way to do it on hardcore.

You are 100% right though, it takes like 15 minutes to load a truck with that thing if you are even successful at all. Im basically going back to casual to eliminate that headache.

I found it the complete opposite. I like the K700 better, and never use the crane.

Hi. First post here. How do I load 2 long logs with the K-700 on a truck? I manage to grab the two long logs no problem but am getting a heck of a problem loading it on the truck. How do you do it?

@802golfer said in K-700 Loader controls are ridiculous (using an XBONE controller) + Steering improvement:

And then loading it from the log cutting station is terrible. Crane is the only effective way to do it on hardcore.

Why? I've never been so fast putting short logs on Zil. Spawn four logs, grab them, dump them on the B-130, done. The claw ignores the log holder, so you can just pick them up. I can see how you might get a balance problem with long logs, but then you only need two of these so using a crane would be appropriate.

@mendel said in K-700 Loader controls are ridiculous (using an XBONE controller) + Steering improvement:

@802golfer said in K-700 Loader controls are ridiculous (using an XBONE controller) + Steering improvement:

And then loading it from the log cutting station is terrible. Crane is the only effective way to do it on hardcore.

Why? I've never been so fast putting short logs on Zil. Spawn four logs, grab them, dump them on the B-130, done. The claw ignores the log holder, so you can just pick them up. I can see how you might get a balance problem with long logs, but then you only need two of these so using a crane would be appropriate.

OK, dropping the idea then and gotta head back to the garage to get a proper crane for the task. 😃

@goof said in K-700 Loader controls are ridiculous (using an XBONE controller) + Steering improvement:

Why in god's name do we need to split up the loader controls across both sticks, on the horizontal axes no less. Either let us assign the controls manually, or use the industry standard right hand loader controls that have been in use for decades:

• right stick left movement: loader crowd (tilt back)
  • right stick right movement: loader dump (tilt forward)
  • right stick down movement: arm raise
  • right stick up movement: arm lower

You guys publish farm simulator, in which the loader controls have been properly thought out... You know better than to let something this unpolished out the door...

While we're at it, the steering cylinders on the K-700 do not need to comply with the "wheels steer downhill" feature. Unless the hydraulic system on the tractor is utterly shot, the machine will stay articulated in the angle you put it, perhaps excepting someting like the MAZ pulling on it sideways.

I agree to some extent. Both sticks are ok but not left and right!
I also when first time used k700 I was stunned how weird controll is. Left and right on both sticks for action and no up down for raising and lowering arm! Counterintuitive! On both sticks there should be up and down assigned not left and right!