Spawn wave changes ( IMPORTANT )

There should be a 3-5 second spawn period on the used wave, its so annoying to get killed just when your team spawned, its even more annoying when you try to play tactical and take those 20 seconds extra time in which your team already spawned again because they die off like flies.

Valve please... uh I mean NWI please fix.

@zayzek Important That already exists. Important
No matter what you do Important there will always be a chance of dying immediately after the spawn window closed. Important

last edited by Tooth Decay

but with a longer period you can say well i had 5 seconds

@tooth-decay said in Spawn wave changes ( IMPORTANT ):

@zayzek Important That already exists. Important
No matter what you do Important there will always be a chance of dying immediately after the spawn window closed. Important

This should be a general change, because the waves go away way too fast, especialy on push attack, the teammates die off like flies and ive had it a lot of thimes that the run time to the objective takes so long that if you rush in as fast as possible and die as fast as possible, you miss the wave.

If you extend the interval to up to 5 seconds after the wave deploys, what if you die 6 seconds later? You are still just as likely to "just miss" the wave. They only way to fix that would extend the spawn window into the next wave. So... normal respawning. I don't think that's what we want.

I think what @Zayzek is talking about are those times when you fall between the few second gap when your screen fades after a death and the spawn of a new wave. I have experienced this plenty of times and also noted this gap, which was addressed in INS14. It feels more fair to spawn in those people who died and were waiting for their screen to transition.

Ok here is the thing, if you push an objective and get on it and actually stay there for too long you don't get any rewards because your team just dies off like flies, ive had it so many times that i get on the point, fresh 5 waves, died there capturing and then out of nowhere we have 2 waves, we had 5 and all this while i was on the point doing my job.

Insurgency sandstorm has bigger maps and this means you need more time to get on the point so if you are on the point you die quickly or miss the wave because you arrived too late to die at the point and the team that was on the point before respawns, this means waves get lost way faster.

sorry for bad english

last edited by Zayzek