Red spikes handicap. Warning! Rant.

Anyone got annoyed by it yet? I mean on casual dif it may be helpful for those poor casuals but WHY they are in hardcore mode???!!!! They made game easy! Come on now I can plot perfect route where shallow water is. In spintires it was challenge to drive our truck in water and very scarry one! Now it is gone! How player character know where water is deep?! Especially on flood map! Did he go there on foot and measured depth just before we are able to get into his boots when he is in truck? Or did he call Putin and ask for satelite images of those terrains so with satelite scan he have perfect overlay of water depth?! SERIOUSLY who designed that?! INTO HARDCORE MODE?!
OH COME ON! What else will be dumbed down for those console casuals? It is ridiculous! It just destroyed that tension on maps like river/crossing and flood/deluge. GONE just like that! No scary at all! No need to seek safe crossing! Now it is just handed to player! Very disappointing!!!

was not sure what you are talking about. but i see you mean the water depth gauge. yes it kills all suspense, i guess we have it cause of console.
should be removed in my eyes. it has no place in game, not in casual and not in hardcore.

There it a simple solution to this perceived issue: just ignore these depth indicators.
Besides, as an elite gamer, why do you need to look at the navigation map at all? Real hardcore drivers do the levels without no stinking map...

@Actionjackson Yes I mean those silly depth indicators.

@Marck No way to ignore such handicap.
Seriously you expect anybody to drive blindly through new changed maps?! How long that would take to memorize everything?! 12 hours on one map?! I can play that way on maps that I played and I memorize them.
anyway you strayed out of the subject.

last edited by CoSm1c gAm3r

Seriously, this is a non-issue. The depth indicators are not visible when opening the navigation map. You have to zoom into the highest detail level to make them appear. Therefore, you can use the navigation map for orientation just fine without ever seeing the depth indicators, if you do not want to see them.

@cosm1c-gam3r said in Red spikes handicap. Warning! Rant.:

Seriously you expect anybody to drive blindly through new changed maps?!

Yes. I've done it on Hill and will do it on some of the others I haven't played yet. Don't complain the game is too easy and then complain our suggestion is too difficult. (And the true difficulty comes from no longer being able to switch to a truck far away.)

No guys you can't just say oh then don't look at it. Because Pavel will throw more ideas on us anf we'll end up looking for butterflies preferabbly glowing ones... Most of the functions should have simple ON/OFF switch in the menu. What is the problem of creating such an options besides Pavel's pride... probably none. I understand he wants to promote his brilliant ideas... so ok have all those effects on by default but give us - the players an option to disable them if needed/wanted.

I wonder if all these people who complain about the game not being difficult enough are the same people who then load the game full of mods, which are almost always overpowered.

TBH the game difficulty is ok right now. If the trucks were a bit faster, then ok, I would say make it more difficult by other means than slowing them down (what you said about water level for example).

Im not complaining about getting stuck in the mud at all, Im just complaining that when you are NOT STUCK your truck is still slow as hell. The pinnacle of this is the B131 in automatic going in a HIGHWAY. I think any truck could overtake it going in 1+...

Just a bit, a BIT faster...

@marck said in Red spikes handicap. Warning! Rant.:

Seriously, this is a non-issue. The depth indicators are not visible when opening the navigation map. You have to zoom into the highest detail level to make them appear. Therefore, you can use the navigation map for orientation just fine without ever seeing the depth indicators, if you do not want to see them.

HARDCORE MODE! It is a huge problem! No handicaps should be even present in H A R D C O R E! Or it should not be called F.... hardcore. How hard it is to understand H A R D C O R E?? Damn.

@mendel said in Red spikes handicap. Warning! Rant.:

@cosm1c-gam3r said in Red spikes handicap. Warning! Rant.:

Seriously you expect anybody to drive blindly through new changed maps?!

Yes. I've done it on Hill and will do it on some of the others I haven't played yet. Don't complain the game is too easy and then complain our suggestion is too difficult. (And the true difficulty comes from no longer being able to switch to a truck far away.)

HAHAHA Hill was the damn easiest map for me in Spintires! I drove it in MP blindly and yawned every 50 meters of travel!!! I almost finished all maps in Mudrunner and it is way to easy for me and those damn handicaps like depth indicators just spoils this game further. It should be not called hardcore because it is casual+ nothing more. Hardcore should be literally hardcore!!!! I would make one thing gone and you will cry for mama help! What you may ask?! Removing ability to winch truck from its any point except only actual winch position!!! That thing only would make many people cry covered in mud! So don't you say that it is my problem that I myself don't put restrictions on myself to make it freaking hardcore! It is insane and stupid! I want game to put challenge on me not myself! LOGIC PEOPLE USE IT! At least until your head will hurt 🙂 From looks of it t may take very short 🙂

@mistahk76 said in Red spikes handicap. Warning! Rant.:

No guys you can't just say oh then don't look at it. Because Pavel will throw more ideas on us anf we'll end up looking for butterflies preferabbly glowing ones... Most of the functions should have simple ON/OFF switch in the menu. What is the problem of creating such an options besides Pavel's pride... probably none. I understand he wants to promote his brilliant ideas... so ok have all those effects on by default but give us - the players an option to disable them if needed/wanted.

Glad that somebody agrees with me 🙂 But what you are suggesting would be sandbox mode not single player. But that would be better than forced handicap features.

last edited by CoSm1c gAm3r

No. Not a sandbox mode. A global main menu switch show me this effect don't show me that. Just simple settings. Like you can do in many games. Don't show me hud in R6 or don't show me other players names e.g. They are really simple basic global toggles to be implemented in the menu. Game menu not the level menu.