I'm done with this crap

I remember when my friend Slazenger told me NWI was making a new insurgency. I read every blog post, watched every teaser, shat my pants at how good the game looked when they first released screen shots. I brought a new GPU and more ram in preparation for this game, and given that the recommended GPU was a Gtx 970 I though a Gtx 960 4gb would be good enough to play at respectable settings. So naturally when the opportunity came I signed up for the second closed alpha and got a key. And that's when the bull shit began.

The game in its current state needs a 2080ti or this game is completely fucking hideous not to mention completely impossible to see an enemy at any range past the muzzle of your gun.
The TTK is slow and shit. Its a shame that they tarnished the insurgency name with this crap. And holy fuck I never thought I would find a worse hitreg than the original insurgency but it turns out you can, here.
The map design is cluttered and shit. Engagements are clusterfucks at best. usually ending in the attacking team dying and eventually losing. I can't remember the last time I saw a causal game not tie because the attacking team lost, failing to capture the first objective each time.
Then to top it all off the movement is fucking cancer inducing. slow and god awful when you trying to run half a Km to the objective and far to fast laggy when your tying to make fine movements.

So I cant be bothered anymore.

All in all I hope this game improves because other wise I've wasted $30 and 200 hours of my time on a game made to sell to COD players who call it a "hardcore" game. In the meantime good luck to you NWI... And if this game goes where I imagine its going to, screw you for being sell outs and fucking over all us long time insurgency fans.

Wake me if they decide to fix the game, but in the mean time. bye COD noobs

@zucchini Wow, poor you. You can’t see anyone at range? I don’t know why NWI hasn’t given you a personal cheat that highlights enemies. And the movement is so slow that you can’t cross an open road without getting killed? That’s a shame. No, but the real shame is that NWI drastically changed armor and practically made armor useless by making everything a two shot kill regardless of how much armor they have. You know why that’s a shame? Because NWI hasn’t completely given in to exactly what you wanted. Despite how many comments you’ve posted on TTK threads about how everything should be a one shot kill, the devs still seem to not want to cater to you and only you. I’ve never seen such horrible treatment of the customers. You should get a lawyer, maybe that will teach them that rendering armor completely useless is not enough for you.

But I am glad to see you posting this after you apparently read another post from a guy who thinks we feel bad that he quit the game. However you did it better because while the other guy brought up fundamental issues he perceived with the game, you made sure the issue is the devs gave what the majority could at least compromise on, and not what you wanted in the game. And when you did bring up fundamental issues with the game, you made sure to be hyperbolic enough that we really don’t care.

So yeah I just wanted to know that it’s really horrible to see that you’re quitting Insurgency and that we really care and that we, along with NWI, will keep crying out hearts out until you come back.

@tooth-decay said in I'm done with this crap:

You know why that’s a shame? Because NWI hasn’t completely given in to exactly what you wanted.

Its not what I wanted. Its what Me and all lot of my friends were promised, a new game with better graphics and new features but the core gameplay from insurgency2. Instead we got a battlefeild rip off. When sandstorm was in beta 6 people in my friends list owned the game now only 1 does. Its not just me.

You can’t see anyone at range?

yeah because the optimisation is so bad that on low settings (what all lot of people play on to get a smoother experience or to at least achieve 60fps+) the game looks like a 480p image stretched to 1080p. Something that is unexepytable for a game that is now fully released.

And the movement is so slow that you can’t cross an open road without getting killed?

No. if you die while crossing the street that would be great but the hitreg and TTK are so crap that you can happily cross the street. And IMHO the movement isn't too slow, the map design just means that it takes way to long to reach your next engagement and makes you spend way to long exposed to enemy sniper fire. Not to mention if you try flanking it take hours and then you die and have to spend even more time getting back. Bigger maps are good but the design of the maps means the game should be called running simulator.

No, but the real shame is that NWI drastically changed armor and practically made armor useless by making everything a two shot kill regardless of how much armor they have.

personally I think armour should be removed, this is because its direct counter measure (AP) was removed. Also its utter crap that somebody can sponge 2+ rounds of 5.56mm or 7.62. kevlar is made only for pistal rounds and even if you did get hit, Its gonna hurt like fuck. Bc even if somebody can survive a bullet strike, they are generally going to be incapacitated and useless.

Also not to mention that the updates to a game thats thoroughly needing some are few and far between to say the least. CSGO a game that is 6 years old has probably received more in the time this games been up. Yes bigger team but still.

last edited by Zucchini

@zucchini said in I'm done with this crap:

Also its utter crap that somebody can sponge 2+ rounds of 5.56mm or 7.62. kevlar is made only for pistal rounds

What are SAPI plates?
Youtube Video

Also not to mention that the updates to a game thats thoroughly needing some are few and far between to say the least. CSGO a game that is 6 years old has probably received more in the time this games been up. Yes bigger team but still.

I'm not even going to entertain the math behind this comment.

Release: December 12th 2018 to January 26 2019, against a game that's been a cash cow for six years.

No fucking shit CSGO has more updates over the course six years. Truly horrific that NWI has failed to pump out six years worth of content, patches, and updates within a month.

They've already announced that the newest patch is slated for early February. Give it like two more weeks. Or don't, and just go back to 2014 Source.

The TTK is slow and shit. Its a shame that they tarnished the insurgency name with this crap. And holy fuck I never thought I would find a worse hitreg than the original insurgency but it turns out you can, here.

I don't agree with every point made here, but this is unanimously agreed across everybody I know who plays.

We went back to DoI yesterday, it's stunning how much better the gunplay is in every other NWI title. Where the MP40 has more killing power than a Sandstorm SCAR or M4 against the same unarmoured target...

@goat-walrus

We've been complaining about the shit gunplay since July.

The only changes have been negligible recoil tweaks and adding an invisible man who bench presses the barrel of your machine gun as you fire it.

The fact that 7.62 NATO at point blank range passing through the heart and lungs of an UNARMOURED target causes them to do no more than briefly stagger is an absolute joke.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wW1geM1qloEf0lqcM0H19RPVwddkRUUHx2lkHGRsah4/edit?usp=sharing

last edited by Whitby

Like Whitby, I don't agree with most of your points, but indeed TTK is not like in the old game and I'd love to have lethal rounds. It might probably even slow down the gameplay (that's a good thing).

Another one of my biggest concerns is that fast gameplay is encouraged instead of rewarding tactics.
I feel your frustration here, since we have so many fast paced shooters in all kinds of war eras (past, present, future), some with nicer graphics than real life itself, but no proper tactical shooter that looks really great with the ability to have coop.

The other major flaw I cannot stand is the AI Sandstorm has. However I kind of have hope for NWI to fix that, since there were times when it was almost this bad in the old Insurgency too, but eventually it got fixed.

@whitby said in I'm done with this crap:

@goat-walrus

We've been complaining about the shit gunplay since July.

The only changes have been negligible recoil tweaks and adding an invisible man who bench presses the barrel of your machine gun as you fire it.

The fact that 7.62 NATO at point blank range passing through the heart and lungs of an UNARMOURED target causes them to do no more than briefly stagger is an absolute joke.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wW1geM1qloEf0lqcM0H19RPVwddkRUUHx2lkHGRsah4/edit?usp=sharing

Literally the only 7.62x51 weapon that doesn't 1-tap unarmored is the SCAR H / MK17. Not sure why, but it's quite literally the only offender.

The other 7.62x51 and 7.62x54R weapons 1-tap unarmored targets like nobody's business.
That is, the G3. FAL, MK14, SVD, M24, Mosin, and yes PKM.

Also mind that the G3 is the only rifle caliber weapon that can't 1-tap light armor.

Overall, that's 7/8 that can 1-tap no armor, 6/8 that can 1-tap light armor, and 4/8 that can 1-tap heavy armor.

In regards to shitty gunplay, it's subjective claim. Minor recoil adjustments have been made throughout the Beta, but since the weapons lack any spread whatsoever, that's effectively the only values devs can change other than animation speeds and the such.

In regards to the balance pass on the LMGs, I agree; they kick like mules. Considering you'll only ever really encounter ~2 gunners on a team in PVP, it might be worth exploring other mechanics like nerfing ADS speed or passive stamina drain while shouldering heavy weapons that aren't mounted.

Regardless, that still doesn't address @Zucchini 's absurd claim that a game released for 1 month should have as many updates as one with 6 years under its belt.

@goat-walrus

G3 won't kill an unarmoured man while destroying their vital organs at 50 metres.

FAL won't at 100.

5.56 and 7.62x39 won't at all.

This is indefensible.

@goat-walrus

G3 won't kill an unarmoured man while destroying their vital organs at 50 metres.

FAL won't at 100.

5.56 and 7.62x39 won't at all.

This is indefensible.

You say indefensible, I say that sacrifices were made to realism for gameplay purposes.

If they weren't, then you'd more than likely see body armor behaving more like Escape from Tarkov where it can take complete magdumps to kill a person using the properly rated armor if you don't have the bullet to counteract it.

This still doesn't target or defend Zucchini's claim that one game with a month of on-the-books release should have the same amount of content and number of updates as a game that's been released for six years and been a bestselling title on steam for just as long.

not saying it is perfect but on GTX 1060 you can run it 60+ with high settings at 1440p ... so perhaps check your PC first .. or you just have unlucky HW combination that makes it run worse
Anyway ... bye .. maybe check it latter again ..

@goat-walrus said in I'm done with this crap:

I'm not even going to entertain the math behind this comment.

Release: December 12th 2018 to January 26 2019, against a game that's been a cash cow for six years.

No fucking shit CSGO has more updates over the course six years. Truly horrific that NWI has failed to pump out six years worth of content, patches, and updates within a month.

They've already announced that the newest patch is slated for early February. Give it like two more weeks. Or don't, and just go back to 2014 Source.

No for god sake of course CS has had more updates in 6 years. Im saying CSGO has had more updates that sandstorm in the time that sandstorm has been out.

I don't agree with every point made here, but this is unanimously agreed across everybody I know who plays.

We went back to DoI yesterday, it's stunning how much better the gunplay is in every other NWI title. Where the MP40 has more killing power than a Sandstorm SCAR or M4 against the same unarmoured target...

Thanks its nice to know Im not going crazy. Even ignoring TTK the gunplay is just so much better in the old games. Its just so weird ATM. Not to mention that people don't even notice being hit by a bloody 7.62 nato, like I've seen with my own eyes those things go though bones, how could you just keep walking.

last edited by Zucchini

@goat-walrus said in I'm done with this crap:

You say indefensible, I say that sacrifices were made to realism for gameplay purposes.

If they weren't, then you'd more than likely see body armor behaving more like Escape from Tarkov where it can take complete magdumps to kill a person using the properly rated armor if you don't have the bullet to counteract it.

What's been sacrificed is the gameplay. Instead of a successor to Ins2014's gunplay, we got Call of Duty: Modern Warfare's gunplay with Ins2014's gamemodes and staged reloads.

Bringing body armour into this discussion to derail it from the indefensible ridiculousness of surviving 7.62 NATO's to the heart at point blank range in a supposedly lethal and tactical shooter is purposeless. But since the topic has come up, why not impliment body armour properly too, since that evidently has not been done? Let's have SAPI sized hitboxes.

Bringing body armour into this discussion to derail it from the indefensible ridiculousness of surviving 7.62 NATO's to the heart at point blank range

"Military testing calls for survivability of three hits from the round marked on the plate - for standard SAPI, of a caliber up to 7.62×51mm NATO M80 ball"

That said, the testing I've seen in controlled environments in-game shows that heavy armor won't even protect you from 2 rounds of 5.56 at close range. I think the real issue is hit registration.

@jarv

Gameplay first, I think body armour should work like it functionally did in Ins2014, in that it was primarily a defence vs shrapnel.

If we're having plates stop rounds, the hitboxes of the plates need to be plate sized, not just the entire torso become a bullet sponge Tarkov-style. Also maybe up the supply point cost of the plates, most of these guys in the middle east don't have armour, some do, it should be reflected in value.

I'd be all for a plate entirely stopping one round if the armour is on, but in most cases the armour doesn't even make a difference. Everybody in the game just has ceramic and kevlar vital organs presently.

last edited by Whitby

@jarv said in I'm done with this crap:

"Military testing calls for survivability of three hits from the round marked on the plate - for standard SAPI, of a caliber up to 7.62×51mm NATO M80 ball"

That said, the testing I've seen in controlled environments in-game shows that heavy armor won't even protect you from 2 rounds of 5.56 at close range. I think the real issue is hit registration.

Wacky reality: 7.62mm M80 is actually significantly worse at penetrating infantry body armor than 5.56mm M855. That's partly because of the extra velocity of 5.56mm, and partly because the M80 cartridge hasn't been updated since before Vietnam.

If we're having plates stop rounds, the hitboxes of the plates need to be plate sized, not just the entire torso

This is what needs to happen.

1. Performance is by par optimized thoroughly good that i've been able to not just play game on my rx460 at fullhd but also can stream at 1080p 30fps.
  2. For your 480p experience, I'm pretty sure you haven't enabled TAA, as you have set your graphics quality to low.
  3. For crossing a street/road being watched by enemy campers, "We need smoke, use smoke".