Vehicle Presentation: Introducing the A-968M!

0_1551345620727_1509006993104-mudrunner_cards_1200x630.jpg

Spintires: MudRunner is the ultimate version of the million-selling indie hit Spintires, releasing on October 31st this year on PC, and for the first time on Xbox One and PS4.

Like Spintires before it, Spintires: MudRunner will put players in the driver’s seat of a variety of incredible all-terrain vehicles, venturing across extreme Siberian landscapes with only a map and compass as their guides.

In the lead-up to release, we plan on doing a weekly presentation of the iconic vehicles from the game. That means that every Friday, you can expect a blog post describing a vehicle. This will also be a great place to ask questions about the vehicle specifically, how it handles, and the niche it fills.

0_1551345641511_1509007034796-20171025161208_1_logo.jpg

Vehicle Description

The A-968m isn’t exactly what you’d call a working vehicle. You won’t be using the A-968m for logging or hauling heavy cargo, but for moving a fridge, it’s just right.

Game Stats

The A-968m has a fuel capacity of 40L, and neither all-wheel drive, nor differential lock. It won’t be going through much mud. It can take up to 160 units of damage. The A-968m is a non-starting vehicle, so doesn’t cost balance points, but instead needs to be found on maps and collected.

0_1551345657134_1509007129567-20171023122320_1_logo.jpg

Strengths

The A-968m has few strengths compared to other vehicles in Spintires: MudRunner, aside from being fast on roads.

Weaknesses

The A-968m is unable to travel in mud effectively, has a very limited fuel capacity and can take very limited damage. The A-968m is also not a starting vehicle.

0_1551345675520_1509007152188-20171023121901_1_logo.jpg

Attachments

The A-968m can carry only one attachment, meaning you won’t be using it for much more than quick Garage Part unlocks.

That attachment is:

• Garage Parts – carries 1 Garage Part

You can pre-order Spintires: MudRunner now. Owners of Spintires will benefit from an exclusive 50% discount, on top of a 10% discount on all pre-orders.

See you next week for the next vehicle presentation!

last edited by Jellyfoosh

according to this review, it excels in the transport of vegetables and fruit, so I hope there is space for pumpkins in it.

Youtube Video

@b101uk lol XD

i like it, but i feel this will be the new B-130 sadly.

@8up-local Making a little more road systems on maps would give some life to this vehicle and B-130. Like in the first challenge when you start in a highway and then pick up a trailer in a muddy place and then go back in a highway and go to a little city with roads and so on. This is the kind of maps I like. With mud and water, but also with some asphalt roads.

last edited by DeathCore

@deathcore yeah, i get all that really, just saying for most players i figure the A-968 will fall into the same category as the B-130 has. under appreciated and always looked at as a last resort to be used when only really needed. i will admit the B-130 was hardly my favorite, but it was always a fun challenge.

in some videos of the technical test version this car looks badly driving due the edgy tires. Seems like the engine can't realize such cars well enough...

@8up-local With no diffs, or awd. Yep, It's going to be a novelty.

Better be an achievement to deliver all garage parts only using this.

Самый лучший транспорт 🙂

can't get any more russian than this

@iyagovos said in Vehicle Presentation: Introducing the A-968M!:

0_1509006993328_MudRunner_Cards_1200x630.jpg

• Garage Parts – carries 1 Garage Part

It makes no sense at all! Compare it to trailer that gives 4 garage points so this could only give about 0.1 garage points!
It should rather have some fuel canisters on its roof. It would be more logical!

LOGIC!?

It's not delivering spare parts, it's delivering tasty homemade food for the mechanics. I personally like the idea of a garage being locked not because of no parts, but because the workers hate their food and are on strike 😛

last edited by Sorcerer

@clarionhorn said in Vehicle Presentation: Introducing the A-968M!:

can't get any more russian than this

Pictured: NSU Prinz IV (Germany 1961–1973)

You can unlock the garage on Hillside with this car.

last edited by mendel