This game has been broken for almost two months now.

@grave Well as much as I would agree the game has many problems a lot of things on that list are stupid as hell. Just to list a few. Friendly fire doesn’t ruin the game stupid people do. Explosions can go through walls 🤭 😂 (granted there is no destruction in this game but go toss a grenade beside your bedroom wall and see what happens on the other side.. just sayin). Why in the hell wouldn’t a bot be able to kill you while you resupply? Lol what he wants an invisible shield while you take mags from a wooden box? “Lawd Jesus the building is onnn fire. Ain’t nobody got time fo that”.

@grave

Quote @Grave
https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198063316475/recommended/581320/
"I am addicted to this game, but it is broken in its current state.

Positives:
-this game has nice graphics
-this game runs well for me on very high graphics settings at 70+ fps
-this game has great guns and gun customization
-this game has brutal but fun game play
-this game has amazing audio

Negatives:
-switching weapons does not always work
-the laser sights do not show up on bodies, which makes them useless
-pools of blood on the ground can follow you around
-grenades can go off in your hand for no apparent reason
-the objectives in this game need clear boundaries
-dropped weapons can float around in the air
-the restricted area nonsense needs to be removed from the game
-the weapons will sometimes not fire for no apparent reason
-the textures in this game take a few seconds to load, or are missing in some cases
-this game has friendly fire, which ruins everything
-this game needs more maps, modes, and difficulties
-explosions can go through walls
-the cosmetics' colors are not always displayed correctly
-the rpg's you fire can explode in your face for no apparent reason
-this game can spawn you with invisible arms
-picking up weapons is broken
-the bots are broken or unfair in many ways:
--the bots can kill you while resupplying
--the bots can react impossibly fast
--the bots can walk through fire unharmed
--the bots can see you through smoke
--the bots can spawn kill you
--the bots can snipe you with grenades with perfect accuracy
--the bots can spawn out in the open
--the bots can withstand being shot at point blank range"

Seems that you have several valid points, and also a few that are more subjective and more suitable for game genres with a lot lower difficulties than what NWI provides. Some of these suggestions make my stomach hurt as they are so far from the difficulty i like in NWI games, only the bots throwing 100% accuracy molotovs and frags should be adjusted a bit, as I agree that stuff is a bit over the top - Though also a difficulty setting seems to be a really legit claim when it comes to gameplay. If this will not get adressed at some point I would get worried they had lost the touch, as it is obvious people prefer different difficulties against bots.

last edited by Pacalis

-switching weapons does not always work
-the restricted area nonsense
-the rpg's you fire can explode in your face for no apparent reason

this 3 things really need to be worked on

The game will not render sound whenever I open it
Hello, I am a user on Insurgency Sandstorm. As much as I love the game and its beautiful graphics, audio, weapons, and cosmetic features, it still does not work fully on the Audio side. Currently it is open, and I hear no music. I have the Audio set to 86% but still no sound. Can't hear the other players talk, the weapon noises, or the ambient, etc. However, the only sound that works is the replay feature audio. I hear gunshots, ambient, etc but this only works in this mode.

While I understand that the game has its issues, I feel that list of negatives isn't a good representation of the game. The game is in a functional and stable state to play enjoyably. The game will only continue to get better with time and continued updates.

@captain-price said in This game has been broken for almost two months now.:

While I understand that the game has its issues, I feel that list of negatives isn't a good representation of the game. The game is in a functional and stable state to play enjoyably. The game will only continue to get better with time and continued updates.

While I do tend to agree with you, focusing on the flaws of the game has positive benefits anyway. If we don't point out the flaws, bugs and general negative things then how do devs know what to fix? It's understandable also that players get frustrated when there appears to be little-to-no communication from devs, community managers and such. I get it, devs are busy... but it's nice to know exactly what they're busy doing... besides "secret update things". Communication goes a long way to developing a positive attitude and morale of the community...

@captain-price said in This game has been broken for almost two months now.:

ROFL

Now I feel a little bit kidded. All the problems that I experience do exist just in my imagination? Cool...

The game is good but an indie team like nwi needs a lot of time to polish this game. When the 2014 insurgency first went into early access in late 2013, it was about the same as sandstorm: buggy, unoptimized in some areas, and very little in terms of progress. The actual
main problems with the game are optimization, Grefing, and content