Hybrid Sight

@chraso

Yeah, why not just get rid of classes at the same time, making everyone on the team the same generic soldier? Should also introduce the lvl 3 helmet from pubg which makes only one gun in the game able to oneshot you in the head. Also health pickups would be a great addition, to avoid letting the game becoming mediocre.

last edited by Pacalis

@pacalis
LOL, why you think a support/marksman with a 4x or 7x scope would not need it while they need to push with team!

Also this will not make the pistols useless, but switching sights is faster than weapon.

@mr-grim said in Hybrid Sight:

@mlb7 said in Hybrid Sight:

@mr-rain when you are the last one alive you get up, pull a pistol, and handle your business.

End of discussion.

Except that pistols are pure garbage against armored players and they’re not as reliable or as leathal as they were in source.

Not impossible but it really doesn’t stur up a lot of confidence that your sidearm is a glorified pea shooter.

@chraso Nope. Exact same problem, I'm afraid.

@chraso

If you have seen csgo it is possible to notice that limiting loadout options have been a success in other games as well. Your scenario with the sniper needing to push up brings a challenge and the need to think, exactly like I mentioned in the previous post with a 2x scope. You can see 100 of videos on csgo with snipers pushing up, the most viable strategy would in many situations be to let the sniper provide covering support while the rest of the team push up. Finding out yourself what would work for you in such a situation is part of the fun though.

last edited by Pacalis

@mr-rain said in Hybrid Sight:

@mr-grim said in Hybrid Sight:

@mlb7 said in Hybrid Sight:

@mr-rain when you are the last one alive you get up, pull a pistol, and handle your business.

End of discussion.

Except that pistols are pure garbage against armored players and they’re not as reliable or as leathal as they were in source.

Not impossible but it really doesn’t stur up a lot of confidence that your sidearm is a glorified pea shooter.

The pistol is supposed to be weaker. You made a decision to carry the sniper rifle. The pistol is your back up. You can't have your cake and eat it too. Also, a lot of people don't wear armor so you will be surprised at the amount of kills you get with the pistol.

@pacalis said in Hybrid Sight:

Edit: If you believe hybrid scopes does not affect game balance this post is a clear example of what a huge impact on balance it has. If you think everything can be balanced by point systems, costing more points so you cant afford armour, you are not very skilled in pvp because armour is useless for many skilled players so point balancing is not the solution to introducing OP features. And if you want this feature against bots, I say why not, go ahead, its not breaking the game as it will just be a way of lowering the difficulty for yourself.

Congratulations for your post that is subtly arrogant and based completely on subjective opinions at the same time! Of course no skilled player will ever use armor; of course we all want to get rid of classes entirely; of course everyone is against your professional opinion for it is the truth that people will shy away from... Your argumentation by the way is - to say the least - pretty flawed: your post is the example for the impact? But I am glad you found your very own strategy to cope with different opinions via copypasta!
Edit: Seriously I think your post made some legit points. Still, we can discuss about the feasability of the feature, can't we?

last edited by banani2804

@banani2804
I am not sure if you would want an answer here, or if your main point is that the text is written in a manner you don't like. Everyone is definitely free to discuss whatever feasibility of whatever feature they want, I have not claimed otherwise, or is it a problem for you that I disagree?

That you say my argumentation is flawed and subjective does not make it so, if you could be specific in any of your feedback it would be possible to address you.

And yes I am criticizing some ideas that would make the game less class specific, less complex and lowering the skill ceiling, because those types of games are mediocre, and I guess that is why you see me as arrogant?

Flippable scope threads popping up all over again. This thread adresses this if new to the forum and similar threads may be searched up in search bar. Constructive necroing afaik=)

A hinged cantilever will allow this, however in-game, it is generally more trouble that it's worth. Target Aquisition is very important and a fixed 2x magnifier is the price you pay for magnification, shouldn't stop you from ADS'ing in CQB, it just makes it harder. a quick-swap would be Ok, but again it takes time and as much as ppl think in-game it would help, it is generally counter-productive in sandbox games.

last edited by Reason3D

@mlb7 the pistols can be weaker than primaries without being garbage. Give it the same damage model as an AK and you're still using a worse weapon because you have fewer rounds, less precision, no full-auto option, no optics and the lack of a foregrip. Obviously it shouldn't deal the same damage as an AK, but you get my point.

@cyoce Funny enough, pistols almost already have that damage model lmao. The .45 ACP pistols and the M9, L106A1, and Glock 17 have the exact same TTK as the AK does at point-blank range until you get targets with Heavy Armor, and even then the .45 ACP pistols still two-shot. NWI was fuckin generous with the pistol damage as it is.

last edited by MarksmanMax

@cyoce I was just saying use the pistol if you choose a sniper class. You cant switch your scope on the fly because it would be overpowered.

Never going to happen....

Reason being, they would have to add a completely new keybind mechanic to control it.

I think they have many better things to do with their time than mapping a new mechanic for something that isn't really broken at this point.