Competitive play - terrible balance

I'm level 19 & Silver 3 and this has happened to me in competitive more than once but my latest round went like this. Needless to say, our team was completely crushed with no chance of success.

Our team only had players whose level was less than 20, the lowest player being lvl 3. Yet their team did not have a single player with a level less than 22, and other players were lvl 30-50 and one was even lvl 93.

I can't comprehend how this can be possible in competitive play. Why does the system not count playtime in account? Surely it is clear that players with playtime of <4 hours are on a different skill level than players with 40 hours?

Is it not possible to implement a matchmaking system where it prevents you from ending up in rounds like that?
So if there are no players near your skill level then it would simply state "Match not found"? I would gladly receive a message like that and switch to casual, rather than ending up getting ass***** in an unfair competitive match.

low player count, not much you can do there

@Nobana Low player count so you can't really balance the teams that well, I would rather play against better players than getting a message that say "No match found".
You improve by playing against better players, if you don't understand that then I don't even know why you play multiplayer games.

@rudged said in Competitive play - terrible balance:

Nobana Low player count so you can't really balance the teams that well, I would rather play against better players than getting a message that say "No match found".
You improve by playing against better players, if you don't understand that then I don't even know why you play multiplayer games.

There is a terrible balance in this game. I was given 4 players of 0-5 level, and against me there were 20-30 levels. Winning such a match is impossible because my teammates do not know the map.
I don’t understand how balancing goes. I fell from gold 2 to silver 3 due to the fact that my team plays in a minority since 2 players constantly go out.

@nobana I have more than one steam account with a purchased copy of ins SS so my others are much lower levels than my main. Just saying because someone has a low level does not necessarily mean they don’t know what they are doing. Regardless you can hear your dead teammates while you are still alive so this game mode was clearly not meant to be taken very seriously nor is it realistic. It’s a silly “shits and giggles” game mode clearly so match making based on level or experience isn’t necessary!

@planetcanada you ever stop and think that this feature is intentional? The way I see it most competitive gamers are usually in a chat channel with their friends/team and hearing the dead allows randoms to have the same level of communication as a premade team would have. Personally I think it's a must for competitive.

@heyzeus I hear exactly what you are saying and I completely understand. Regardless I thinks it’s stupid as hell and don’t think either should be allowed. This isn’t R6 or the like. Even some call of duty games don’t allow party chat for search and destroy and they don’t boast the game as being “realistic”. Just saying it gives the game mode a childish feel to me. Even casual versus doesn’t allow it sure you can be in a party type chat but I think if possible they should disable any type of party chat and only be able to communicate with the living for “competitive” mode to truly be considered “realistic” and “competitive”. Nothing worse or more immersion killing than having 4 retards chat away in my goddamn ear thinking they are helping (because I’m the last one alive) and my adrenalines up a bit because I am close to capping a point so my team can respawn and fighting off the entire other team once again because I’m the last one alive. Plain and simple stupid.

@heyzeus So yes I stop and think a lot. Most of the time it ends up being about stupid people pissing me off...

Now a huge number of low-level players (new accaunts) practicing cheats are used. In Silver 3, players see their backs instantly unfold and kill. It seems this is the end of the game. Anti-cheat system does not work in this game. Are the developers going to do anything?

@sobaken its not that bad i got screwed coming out of qualifications, put me in silver 4. within a week i made it too diamond 3. just find a team and run matches, stop solo or duo queing in rank. Unless you have the frag potential to carry a team.

@tucan-sam

I previously wrote on the forum that it is not bad to change the system of rank selection of games. team players and singles should skip as little as possible. often comes across a full team against 5 random.
I hope it will be in the February patch