(PC) Some glitches and my 2 cents to make the experience better.

Hi, I have 146 hours on the original Spintires, was pretty fun. Here are some things that i've noticed in my first 30 mins in Mudrunner :

-Controls : I'm using a Thrustmaster TMX (wheel+pedals (no clutch) to drive, and a mouse to control the view. It seems that using both devices in the same time causes interferences between them. In cockpit view for exemple, the hands of the driver are ''blinking'' (appear and desappear fast). The direction seems to go back to a neutral angle also.

-Controls too : Coming from flight and racing sims, throttle input are really important, and i think i must be the same in off road vehicle (really important in real life). I feel that the throttle is like ''ON/OFF''.. I can progressively add throttle until a certain point were the throttle goes fully open while I'm not even at the middle of my pedal displacement. (didn't noticed when decreasing the throttle, i saw a bug report on this forum about this).

-Controls again : Why can't we use the wheel's paddle shift to change gear ? I mean, nothing more simple : In any sims, you can have an automatic clutch and change your gear manually with your paddle shift... It's what I request : auto clutch and manual gear selection with paddle shift. This will allow us to forget this horrible automatic gearbox system.

-Physics : Im asking if the amount of throttle we put have an impact on traction ?

-Cockpit HUD bug : In the KAMAZ (don't remember the type, but the one in the trailer challenge), in first gear, at full throttle and max speed for that gear, the RPM counter shows ridiculous RPM, something like 1300 RPM while it must be in the red zone (and the engine screaming).

Last thing : The last Spintires stayed in its state for a while, with no more maps and vehicle (except for one update). I know the community does it all, but the devs must provide new content regulary, to make the game worth the price and give it a deeper and more durable gameplay experience.

That's all for now. If the devs can take note and make the Mudrunner experience better, i will be pretty happy. If I'm reporting something that has already been reported, forgive me, smae thing if i missed something in the control panel.

Cheers from France.

PS : The soundtracksare f****** great !

last edited by Jowen

Throttle 100% impacts traction. I have a G27 and get good throttle control over the entire range of the pedal's motion. Slow (read barely turning) wheels definitely get you out of spots you can't escape with full throttle.

@jowen said in (PC) Some glitches and my 2 cents to make the experience better.:

-Controls again : Why can't we use the wheel's paddle shift to change gear ? I mean, nothing more simple : In any sims, you can have an automatic clutch and change your gear manually with your paddle shift...

+1 to this. I've got paddles behind my wheel and also a sequential shifter next to the wheel. Can't use either for gear shifting in Mudrunner. This and the autoclutch are totally possible in other games.