Which companion's faction you want to know the most?

If I remember correctly Greedfall will have companion from 5 factions : Religious, Scientist,Mercenaries,Sailor and Native. So which one you have an eye on?

My interest is on Religious. I wonder who will be your companion, male/female or what class he/she is... Mage/healer type or soldier who serve/believe in Magic of Light.

In term of romance, Right now I want comapanion from this faction to be Gay Male who is healer/warrior and truly believe in Magic of Light. I am religious man myself so, have someone who have faith will be very interesting (and I think I never find one before in other game i played)

Share your thought!

Quite interested in native...and religious...and scientist. I don't know i find most of them interesting, maybe when i get a look at the companions i can better decide which is my favourite.

As for the gay male romance, i don't mind what faction he comes from, just as long as it's a good romance, which I'm confident it will be. 🙂

last edited by Sir Drell

I'm interested in native faction and I would like a male native LI for my gay character. But I'm always a magic user so I'm definitely looking forward the religious faction even though my characters are always atheists and what light magic means. It's kinda sad that we are not going to use native nature magic but it's understandable lore wise.

last edited by nickclark89

Also, wolf, beastmaster type forest pets, bears, hawkbirds, arthropods, butterflies and other creatures like demon minions or flying weapons or armor (magically possesed), or genies that appear to help during each type of terrain or weather.

last edited by Santos Pizarro

"is there a reason why everyone is straight or wants straight things?" not to be rude but that question is not very likeable.

rpgs are the only games where lgbtq can be themselves versus how heteronormative videogame industry is, so it's very normal to see lgbtq people asking these questions.

oh i approve, it was just funny to see 3 post in a row about gay. I have gay friends, so i totally understand love, how about a carriege or horse?

mounts? elemental spirits and rides, steam tech, geomancers?

it's ok pal

I'm totally on board for animal companions, I totally despise killing wild animals like wolves, bears etc in games, so it would be a nice change.

I dont like to use horses (Skyrim for example) in games, I like to walk with my feet!

@beniichat said in Which companion's faction you want to know the most?:

If I remember correctly Greedfall will have companion from 5 factions : Religious, Scientist,Mercenaries,Sailor and Native. So which one you have an eye on?

I hope that some of your companions wont be members of ANY faction. At least one of them could be independent, some adventurer who just came to the island. I think that those 5 factions doesnt represent whole world, right?

Animals - this is not open world or MMO, its story-driven RPG from small studio so no mounts. Animal companion (wolf for example) could be nice, but Im not sure if they will have resources to do so.

turret/machinist tech, chemist backpack with napalm/potions, and deployment units or contact spiders, several arrow quivers with benefits or magic, food to throw or beers would also go well with musical instruments from the colonial age, such as explosive bagpipe cannon, violins, flutes and fireworkls.

last edited by Santos Pizarro

@farflame said in Which companion's faction you want to know the most?:

I hope that some of your companions wont be members of ANY faction. At least one of them could be independent, some adventurer who just came to the island. I think that those 5 factions doesnt represent whole world, right?

Animals - this is not open world or MMO, its story-driven RPG from small studio so no mounts. Animal companion (wolf for example) could be nice, but Im not sure if they will have resources to do so.

Animal companion would be OK. As long as it will not always bark/howl like Mabari in Dragon Age Origin (It annoy me when I try to focus on conversation/emotion when talk to companion but Mabari make a noise in background all the time)

What about have animal as mini companion/pet . Like it will always follow us and help us fight enemy (not powerful - only basic attack).

Native and I want to destroy the colonists, that is all.

Also as for romance either a native gal or a colonist I can corrupt to my side. Either will be fine 😃

last edited by Red Leader

I do not know. I will have to meet the characters. For me it's the characters that matter the most, not the faction agendas, because they are usually very simplistic. I am the least interested in the Missionaries, I suppose, as the idea of religious conversion makes me really uncomfortable.

I'm curious about how the scientist faction will resolve itself but I won't know which companion I'll find most interesting/romancable till I meet them.

Though if traveling with the native makes animals not hostile, so I don't have to kill any of them, they're gonna end up my constant companion 😛

@grannyweatherwax said in Which companion's faction you want to know the most?:

I'm curious about how the scientist faction will resolve itself but I won't know which companion I'll find most interesting/romancable till I meet them.

Though if traveling with the native makes animals not hostile, so I don't have to kill any of them, they're gonna end up my constant companion 😛

the last part! YES!, I hate killing wild animals, gimme demons and monsters but killing bears, wolves, rats, DRAGONS... I hate it

@grannyweatherwax said in Which companion's faction you want to know the most?:

How did you come up with idea that natives make animals not hostile? Those special guardians (from teaser) may be friendly to them and they could use some animals, but I doubt that natives in the game are completely agricultural culture. Natives in the world hunt and kill animals as well as animal predators do.

@farflame
I don't have the idea that they will. I don't know what powers they have. I'm saying that if they have any kind of magic that stops wildlife from attacking them, like say if they could cloak themselves in nature energy so the animals don't notice them (which would be useful for hunting), then I want in on that. We don't know what their spells will be, I'm just speculating.