MudRunner 2 Announcement

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD make game MUCH BETTER. And i think it would be fair if people who have SpinTires and SpinTires: Mudrunner have a discount.

Original SpinTires was truly legendary game.

@Iyagovos when is the upcoming focus event where mudrunner 2 gets revealed? ty

Hmm, according to this document (last page) the event is not until April. 🤔 Unless that's a different event.
https://cdn.focus-home.com/admin/investor/communiques/24-january-fhi-h1-results-and-q3-revenues.pdf

@lombra oh thanks mate, i somehow remembered that it was gonna be in feb probably read it somewhere. man im really pumped about mr2 interested what they gonna bring new

Yes, I remembered that too. Had to look it up again. It says here near the bottom of the first post:
https://forums.focus-home.com/topic/31576/spintires-mudrunner-october-community-update?page=1

@lombra oh thats where i read it xd right right right

I'm looking forward to what they come up with.

I agree with several other posts. 64bit is a must. 32bit was abandoned by everyone almost ten years ago now.

Larger maps would be amazing. Especially for multiplayer. Imagine hosting a server with a huge map with thousands of hectares of terrain, multiple villages and changing terrain.

More customization, wheels, suspension, engines, engine mods, etc. Its allot of work and coding, but would really make the game amazing.

A living world. Have a few deer or moose or whatever run away from a thicket as your lumbering truck gets close. We have birds now, just add a few more things. Bots driving cars and trucks around towns and trails. Sometimes getting in your way, or getting stuck and hiring you to rescue them. Bots could give missions, for example, a quarry might hire you to haul some rocks to a client. And being mudrunner, it's going to be a roadless trip to deliver the rocks. Or logs. Or boxes. Different loads could have different consequences for loss of that load. Also giving the driver more choice in how much to carry. For example, if you are quested to haul 40 crates, but can only fit 12,but due to their weight you can choose to carry 6. Because if you lose one of them you have to pay for it. Losing three would cost the same as what you earn to haul all 40 crates. But with logs, there's no penalty for losing cargo. Just the loss of profits. Hauling various cargo, rescuing bots, and other jobs. Imagine the work a player could have if the game decides to build an airport in a field. You need to haul them heavy equipment like bulldozers and escavators. They will need loads of rocks and sand and logs and steel and fuel and crates of parts. Meanwhile the bots work the airport until its built.

You earn money for better trucks and better parts. Choosing whether to buy a used or new truck or upgrade and modify your existing vehicle for the job. Eventually you end up with a garage with every available vehicle. Add the ability for modded vehicles to be added to the market. New and used vehicles are available from various sellers. But occasionally you might find something for sale by a random house. And you can buy the truck from the owner. These could be rare but offer a better price or randomly be highly modified beyond what would be found at sellers.

Allow the player to walk around. This would enable the player to manually attach winches, change trucks and look for routes by jumping out and walking around. This could also add an extra hardcore mode. Forcing the player to walk to find a vehicle to tow himself if all goes wrong. Or carry an ATV or Dirt bike to use to get back to get help. Maybe you need to hire a bot to steer/drive when towing a truck or else it just goes straight forward. A radio would be an upgrade that would be useful for calling for help. These elements would also play out really well in multiplayer. Where players could call for help from either bots or other players. Also allow players to sell each other trucks (allow the game to set vehicle value).
Allowing people to walk would also allow players to share rides. For example, one player could ride shotgun with another player to go retrieve a vehicle.

These ideas are quite grandiose and would require a massive amount of work. But I would be very willing to wait longer for the game if these kinds of elements were added to it.

Even just a few of them.

As others have said, Unreal Engine 4 or Unity 18 can handle massive maps. Or possibly rewrite the existing engine in 64bit and add these features. Personally I would go with Unity and use the world builder then add the voxel based deformable terrain and from there, custom code the mud and dirt. Using either UE4 or Unity would make the modding community happy as both engines are very easy to mod and give powerful tools to the modders. Plus, at least in unity, making maps that span hundreds of square kilometers would be no problem. Huge mountains and vast swampy flatlands would be both fun and beautiful. Realistic weather and seasons are literally just drop in add-ons from the unity effects shop. Amazingly realistic water is another. All the graphical elements would be pre-made saving time and money. The same for making a third/first person player model. They are pre-built into the engines and simply need to be added as objects. Allowing the devs to focus on gameplay and vehicle mechanics.

Spintires and Spintires Mudrunner are awesome fun. But I think, as do many others, that the games can be much deeper and more engrossing. Almost like a simplified and honest version of Grand Theft Auto. Where you get jobs and build yourself into something more.

The game should still focus on being a great single player experience. But today, more and more people like to share their experiences with other players. Particularly in sandbox games. So the multiplayer element is necessary (and engoyed thoroughly in mudrunner). Multiplayer options should be broad.
LAN, locally-hosted online, private server hosted online and public server hosted online. Limit the number of players based on map size or in private servers by host choice.
Also players should be allowed to cross between servers as long as the servers allow it (open vs closed servers) and the servers both have the same mods enabled. So a friend on server A could be called to help somebody on server B by bringing their truck "across the line".

Sorry for such a long post and for such big ideas. I don't expect much more than slightly larger maps and more details from mudrunner 2. But I can dream cant I? LOL.

@zamal don't think there'll be an announcement of Spintires Mudrunner 2 this month, and probably not in the near future...just seen Focus removing all references to Spintires in relation to Mudrunner 2 on their website, so something is up - they were probably passing off the Spintires trademark and are now in hot water...I did find it strange they just called it Mudrunner 2 but then kept referencing it to Spintires... should be called Spintires 2

@mikhail-ivanov maybe oovee still has the name rights to "spintires"

@hydrowasul Yeah, I actually think Oovee own all the IP in Spintires, not just the name. It's probably licensed to Saber / Focus for Spintires: Mudrunner but to then develop Mudrunner 2 as a new game without reference to Spintires is passing off and trademark infringement let alone possible copyright infringement (if they didn't get a license from Oovee for a second game to do that)...I suspect some legal issues are going on in the background, hence the recent scrubbing out of the Spintires name from various Spintires: Mudrunner artwork and the removal of references to Mudrunner 2 being a sequel. Smacks of trying to cover up sophisticated passing off of the Spintires name and goodwill. That's why a Mudrunner 2 announcement may not happen in my humble opinion...

Care to comment on why you're doing those things Focus?

Focus won't comment to this at all... Then they may be letting the cat out of the bag as they say.... We will have to wait and see..

@artorius said in MudRunner 2 Announcement:

I'm looking forward to what they come up with.

I agree with several other posts. 64bit is a must. 32bit was abandoned by everyone almost ten years ago now.

Larger maps would be amazing. Especially for multiplayer. Imagine hosting a server with a huge map with thousands of hectares of terrain, multiple villages and changing terrain.

More customization, wheels, suspension, engines, engine mods, etc. Its allot of work and coding, but would really make the game amazing.

A living world. Have a few deer or moose or whatever run away from a thicket as your lumbering truck gets close. We have birds now, just add a few more things. Bots driving cars and trucks around towns and trails. Sometimes getting in your way, or getting stuck and hiring you to rescue them. Bots could give missions, for example, a quarry might hire you to haul some rocks to a client. And being mudrunner, it's going to be a roadless trip to deliver the rocks. Or logs. Or boxes. Different loads could have different consequences for loss of that load. Also giving the driver more choice in how much to carry. For example, if you are quested to haul 40 crates, but can only fit 12,but due to their weight you can choose to carry 6. Because if you lose one of them you have to pay for it. Losing three would cost the same as what you earn to haul all 40 crates. But with logs, there's no penalty for losing cargo. Just the loss of profits. Hauling various cargo, rescuing bots, and other jobs. Imagine the work a player could have if the game decides to build an airport in a field. You need to haul them heavy equipment like bulldozers and escavators. They will need loads of rocks and sand and logs and steel and fuel and crates of parts. Meanwhile the bots work the airport until its built.

You earn money for better trucks and better parts. Choosing whether to buy a used or new truck or upgrade and modify your existing vehicle for the job. Eventually you end up with a garage with every available vehicle. Add the ability for modded vehicles to be added to the market. New and used vehicles are available from various sellers. But occasionally you might find something for sale by a random house. And you can buy the truck from the owner. These could be rare but offer a better price or randomly be highly modified beyond what would be found at sellers.

Allow the player to walk around. This would enable the player to manually attach winches, change trucks and look for routes by jumping out and walking around. This could also add an extra hardcore mode. Forcing the player to walk to find a vehicle to tow himself if all goes wrong. Or carry an ATV or Dirt bike to use to get back to get help. Maybe you need to hire a bot to steer/drive when towing a truck or else it just goes straight forward. A radio would be an upgrade that would be useful for calling for help. These elements would also play out really well in multiplayer. Where players could call for help from either bots or other players. Also allow players to sell each other trucks (allow the game to set vehicle value).
Allowing people to walk would also allow players to share rides. For example, one player could ride shotgun with another player to go retrieve a vehicle.

These ideas are quite grandiose and would require a massive amount of work. But I would be very willing to wait longer for the game if these kinds of elements were added to it.

Even just a few of them.

As others have said, Unreal Engine 4 or Unity 18 can handle massive maps. Or possibly rewrite the existing engine in 64bit and add these features. Personally I would go with Unity and use the world builder then add the voxel based deformable terrain and from there, custom code the mud and dirt. Using either UE4 or Unity would make the modding community happy as both engines are very easy to mod and give powerful tools to the modders. Plus, at least in unity, making maps that span hundreds of square kilometers would be no problem. Huge mountains and vast swampy flatlands would be both fun and beautiful. Realistic weather and seasons are literally just drop in add-ons from the unity effects shop. Amazingly realistic water is another. All the graphical elements would be pre-made saving time and money. The same for making a third/first person player model. They are pre-built into the engines and simply need to be added as objects. Allowing the devs to focus on gameplay and vehicle mechanics.

Spintires and Spintires Mudrunner are awesome fun. But I think, as do many others, that the games can be much deeper and more engrossing. Almost like a simplified and honest version of Grand Theft Auto. Where you get jobs and build yourself into something more.

The game should still focus on being a great single player experience. But today, more and more people like to share their experiences with other players. Particularly in sandbox games. So the multiplayer element is necessary (and engoyed thoroughly in mudrunner). Multiplayer options should be broad.
LAN, locally-hosted online, private server hosted online and public server hosted online. Limit the number of players based on map size or in private servers by host choice.
Also players should be allowed to cross between servers as long as the servers allow it (open vs closed servers) and the servers both have the same mods enabled. So a friend on server A could be called to help somebody on server B by bringing their truck "across the line".

Sorry for such a long post and for such big ideas. I don't expect much more than slightly larger maps and more details from mudrunner 2. But I can dream cant I? LOL.

Wow... Dare to dream why don't you.... Lol... 8 think that yes 64 bit..... I also think more of whats already offered with alot of improvements of whats already in the game and not much else... But that's just my 2 cents.... I mean come on you are talking about a entire new ecosystem... Lol

@knight25 Yeah guys!Console players are desperatly waiting for mudrunner 2 news or updates 🙂

@epstetique we pc players are waiting too xd there should be some kind of press event soon and at least well get to see trailer or something, this silence getting harder to bear day by day XD

@zamal Yeah sorry man I know! You are right, it's getting harder every day xD

I loved Mudrunner. I am excited. I just got a new pc and a bunch of equipment to stream or at least videos on it. This game is one of my favorite to grab asap this year. Hopefully it will not get pushed back.

lol, not surprising there are already 3rd party sites for MR2 mods. some people must really want to get the jump. 🤣