Rancho Montaño and example custom assets

I have released my latest logging map, Rancho Montaño.

But perhaps of more interest to the modding community, I have released a set of custom assets for MudRunner. These include their Blender and Gimp source files to support experimentation and modification. You can get them on GitHub: https://github.com/fred-rum/bbmmm-assets/

Custom assets include the extensive set of custom classes I created for Rancho Montaño. They also include a number of the experimental assets featured in the Big Book of MudRunner Map Making.

Enjoy!

@chris-nelson, Interesting. I'll be checking this out asap. Thanks Chris. And thanks again for the guide with the very helpful information. Good to see others sharing here.

Edit: Damn Chris, you put a LOT of work into this with the .pdf and all. Thanks for the info. I'll probably be using some of your ideas in the future.

Edit2: I placed your models and stuff into the editor to check them out and am getting an error about the textures. In the .xml you have them named without the __d_a and is why it's showing an error for almost all of them.

last edited by Tattoo

@tattoo said in Rancho Montaño and example custom assets:

And thanks again for the guide with the very helpful information. Good to see others sharing here.

Take some credit yourself. Your friendly attitude strengthens the MudRunner modding community and helps encourage that sharing.

Edit2: I placed your models and stuff into the editor to check them out and am getting an error about the textures. In the .xml you have them named without the __d_a and is why it's showing an error for almost all of them.

Ha ha, with all of my file moving and clean-up, I knew that sort of thing would happen. Thanks for the bug report. I re-copied all of the bbmmm/meshes/models/*.xml files and updated GitHub. Are there any more errors?

@chris-nelson, It was just the texture names that you forgot to change. lol. I do that too sometimes. 🙂