Mic broken after patch

Hey there,

after the recent patch, my mic for team voice isn't working anymore. I had the same issue back when i first got the game, but i could remedy the issue due to simply setting the right default mic in windows (i use an external audio interface for output and the microphone jack of my mainboard for input).

I tried deactivating the line in of the interface completely, leaving the microphone input of the mainboard the only active device. Didn't help. There's also no option in the game itself to select an input device manually.

Microphone is working well in Discord, TeamSpeak, Skype etc.
Also worked totally fine before the patch was applied yesterday.

Any ideas? Playing the game without voice is bad and help is much appreciated.

Hey @yage,

Have you checked Steam Voice settings? The VOIP is actually hooked through that.

Yeah my mic's not working anymore either works on other game's, voice recorder etc but not this game since the update. checked my steam settings its all on still nothing

Thanks for the details. Just to be clear, the mic did work correctly before the patch?
I'll pass this issue on to the team!

Steam settings are fine. However, I found out that my mic still works in game. I ran into another player who wasn't sure if anyone could hear him. After a short conversation we discovered that the game transmits voice, but doesn't indicate that anymore (the blue box with your name in it).

I think that's still worth fixing, because it creates uncertainty if your fellow teammates get your callouts.

last edited by yage

@yage It actually is a new feature from this patch.

Hid player’s own name when using VOIP
In User Experience here: https://steamcommunity.com/games/581320/announcements/detail/1762501075650289061

However, I'll pass this feedback on to the dev team explaining this feature may cause some misunderstanding.

@chaton yep was working fine before patch. tested if it was because its the blue box with your name in it that @yage mentioned not showing anymore but no still not working.

after the new february update my corsair hs60 microphone is not picking up in game i checked windows settings and steam setting and none of that is working. microphone works in all tests, discord,etc

@chaton said in Mic broken after patch:

@yage It actually is a new feature from this patch.

Hid player’s own name when using VOIP
In User Experience here: https://steamcommunity.com/games/581320/announcements/detail/1762501075650289061

However, I'll pass this feedback on to the dev team explaining this feature may cause some misunderstanding.

Thanks for the heads-up!