b130 vs western star

so today me and a friend was playing and we was on grizzly creek, we was using the b130 and mine ran of fuel so i got the western star to get fuel,

we was going down the muddy road next to the mills and my buddy in the b130 with a full load of logs just passed me like he had 4wheel drive just hauling through the mudd, meanwhile i was spinning like crazy barley getting traction,

is it just me or dose this not make sense,

@300six said in b130 vs western star:

so today me and a friend was playing and we was on grizzly creek, we was using the b130 and mine ran of fuel so i got the western star to get fuel,

we was going down the muddy road next to the mills and my buddy in the b130 with a full load of logs just passed me like he had 4wheel drive just hauling through the mudd, meanwhile i was spinning like crazy barley getting traction,

is it just me or dose this not make sense,

The Western Star has 6X6 but it's still a highway hauler. Like the other American trucks I imagine the WS is probably pretty light with a powerful engine. In muddy conditions you might wanna run the super low range gears, 1-1 or 1-2. Throttle control and limiting your wheel spin is much more important on the American trucks then the Russian trucks.

The B-130 passed you because it had a load of logs, weight actually matters in this game and gives you more traction. And if you was just there in 1-3 gear with the gas slammed to the floor, well year the American trunks don't like that.

look at the tires as well. The western star by all rights out ranks it in power, speed, and torque, but it's tires weren't made for mud. Only off-roading the ws was built for is gravel and packed dirt roads. Plus it's built for tremendous weight which makes it's axels massive, or to put simply. Your have to drag 3 anchors through the mud.

last edited by kingnightshadow

yep, the Zil loaded is the way to go. most people drive the b130 before they get it loaded and cringe at it. once loaded though it is a decent machine. yes it will not walk all over things like AWD vehicles, but far better than unloaded. thing with the zil is to keep the front wheels turning. just a bit of back and forth helps it claw it's way forward. now it is still an open diff rwd only so yeah it is not going to climb walls or cab deep mud holes, but more capable than people give it credit.

loaded up hill with fallen trees, sticks, rocks and mud. it climbed right to the top. lol
alt text

@justinlynch3

yea i understand off of that, but still that crazy,

I have my B-130 slightly modded to give it diff lock. Makes it even better.