Combat System

So, what can you tell us about the combat system right now? I really enjoyed the combat in Bound by Flame and loved how much you deepened it in The Technomancer. Will GreedFall be similar or are you changing it completely?

Thank you for your time, looking forward to learning more.

last edited by nhaer042

Hi nhaer042, and thanks for your message 🙂

We discussed combat system in the posts about firearms and the one about the religious faction
https://forums.focus-home.com/topic/715/firearms
https://forums.focus-home.com/topic/486/about-the-religious-faction

Thanks 🙂

Thanks for responding. I have a follow up question too.

The man in the trailer also had a sword. So will melee combat be present as well, and, if so, will there be more than just swords?

@nhaer042 i hope so, and i'd like to see some defense at close range or offset punches and kicks, acrobatics and dodges.

@santos-pizarro said in Combat System:

@nhaer042 i hope so, and i'd like to see some defense at close range or offset punches and kicks, acrobatics and dodges.

Yeah, I like idea of hand to hand combat too. I always want to play mage that can fight in close range.

Heya,

As you can read in the linked articles, you will have two sets of weapons (including a firearm and another weapon each, including sword, axe, mace...) that you can swap at any moment, to optimise combat.

Thanks

@santos-pizarro said in Combat System:

This is not some kung-fu simulator or shallow arcade fighting game. Its RPG inspired by baroq that tries to be somewhat realistic so melee and ranged weapons. What Marie Cécile said is good enough imho.

what about defensive combat?
running out of bullets?
blocking?
thats what martial arts is for, incase someone baroques you back!
you gotta block or throw in a well placed kick, or knee attack
that should be enough to reload or pull out your saber/mace!

Player blocks/spits on enemy's eye, "Gosh, my eye!"
or throws a nearby rock.
etc.

last edited by Santos Pizarro

After watching that video am assuming its a good idea to carry a shield.