Homeland Mudrunners (IRL)

Hello guys!

I thought of opening this new sub so we can share pictures of the trucks we see in our homelands that suits Mudrunner.

I'm from Cuba, so most trucks around are from the Soviet era. Lots of Kamaz, Uaz, Ural and so on.

So my idea is, if you're walking down the street and see a truck that's you think would suit to Mudrunner's environment, take a pic and if possible, dig a little bit about it and post it here with the brand, model and every cool info you can find about it. Also, don't forget to mention the country and town if you like.
Unfortunately, I'm no longer living on my homeland, but I'll post some internet pictures now and for the future, I'll ask my friends there to take the shots for me. Also will post about where I am now: Argentina.

I'll start:
0_1552654258593_14609001988_1862642cf6_b.jpg

This is a Hino truck. It's a Japanese brand and this particular model started to enter Cuba around the 80's. There are used to distribute goods among badly paved towns. It's not suited for heavy offroad but it's capabilities go as far as a Zil-130.

0_1552654634465_Coliseo-Matanzas-Cuba-004.jpg

It's interior is plastic and sturdy and it's hella loud inside! (i've been there 😃 ) I'm not sure about this, but some of my friends who have driven one of these, say that the gears layout, instead of being in a horizontal fashion, is set vertical. Like, to the right you have first gear, then center>down>left you have second and so on...

It's also used to transport sugar cane from the fields to the factory. Equipped with high walls flatbed and often up to 2 trailers.

0_1552654672481_gettyimages-1043561122-612x612.jpg

Thanks for reading. Can't wait to see how it's where you guys live.

last edited by deathcoreboy1

I think the F-150 should be able to take a small 2 point load of wood, like what the B-130 (Zil) carries. I live in Newfoundland, Canada. Seeing people load up trucks with firewood to feed our wood stoves during the winter months is quite common. Seeing something like this isn't strange at all.

alt text

As for what to add, I'd like to see some single axle American trucks. All the trucks we got in American Wilds was dual axle. I think something like this 68 International 1700 Load Star would fit in Mudrunner perfectly.

alt text
alt text
alt text

It kinda surprised me the Mudrunner team went for 90's theme'd vehicles with American Wilds. 50's, 60's, 70's, those era American vehicles would fit in Mudrunner way better then 90's era vehicles.

@justinlynch3 said in Homeland Mudrunners (IRL):

It kinda surprised me the Mudrunner team went for 90's theme'd vehicles with American Wilds. 50's, 60's, 70's, those era American vehicles would fit in Mudrunner way better then 90's era vehicles

Not entirely. The Bison is a late 70's model. Not sure about the rest.

last edited by Unster

@unster said in Homeland Mudrunners (IRL):

@justinlynch3 said in Homeland Mudrunners (IRL):

It kinda surprised me the Mudrunner team went for 90's theme'd vehicles with American Wilds. 50's, 60's, 70's, those era American vehicles would fit in Mudrunner way better then 90's era vehicles

Not entirely. The Bison is a late 70's model. Not sure about the rest.

True. The style of truck I was thinking about was actually older then I thought, like 50's and back. I was thinking of style of trucks along the line of this when I said they'd suite Mudrunner better then more modern trucks.

alt text

It does indeed look like that in the 60, 70's and forward that American trucks have the same general style as we still know many of them even now.

That said I did come across something that looks pretty awesome and I wouldn't mind at all having in the game. Kensworth Peterbuilt 379 Logging Truck.
alt text

That thing looks awesome!

@justinlynch3 That last truck does look pretty cool and appropriate for MR. I like them all, old & new, just not too old (I prefer post-war models). I definitely wouldn't say newer trucks don't belong in MR. But then again, I'm used to it with all the mods that people make.

@justinlynch3 That last truck does look pretty cool and appropriate for MR. I like them all, old & new, just not too old (I prefer post-war models). I definitely wouldn't say newer trucks don't belong in MR. But then again, I'm used to it with all the mods that people make.

Indeed. I don't think the term "don't belong" is entirely proper, the game is about logging and the "newer" trucks certainly does that. I just think the older trucks has that Mudrunner Style, so to say.

@8up-local
Hey, newer trucks have a good style of their own. This screenshot doesn't show it, but this truck can even carry 2 points of load, just like the B-130, plus it has 4-wheel drive & diff lock. I have nothing against old models, they have their charm.

0_1552757071260_Titan.jpg

last edited by Unster

nothing against new school, i am just an old school kind of guy is all. 😉

I like both new and old school, but for this particular kind of environments, I feels like old rusty trucks suit better to my taste. However, I love new school trucks as well, especially pickup trucks.

@deathcoreboy1 said in Homeland Mudrunners (IRL):

I like both new and old school, but for this particular kind of environments, I feels like old rusty trucks suit better to my taste. However, I love new school trucks as well, especially pickup trucks.

That Toyota posted above is a nice truck. Though I don't find Chevy all that good looking these days. I liked Chevy when they had the box body style, which is already represented by the K5 Blazer. However I wouldn't mind a 90's Chevy, I loved those as well.

alt text

It's just something about that general body shape, I just like. New vehicles now with their stupidly big grills and more aerodynamic body shape, they just don't compare.

@justinlynch3 That's actually a Nissan in my screenshot. It's one of the mods in the workshop, though I made my own tweaks to the specs.

I have to say I really like the American Wilds semi trucks, especially the Freightliner. Not too old, not too new or futuristic, just a proper semi-old workhorse for MudRunner. Sure it's not great off-road but I like the looks.

0_1552848700293_Freightliner_FLD_6.jpg

last edited by Unster

I have to say I really like the American Wilds semi trucks, especially the Freightliner. Not too old, not too new or futuristic, just a proper semi-old workhorse for MudRunner. Sure it's not great off-road but I like the looks.

0_1552848700293_Freightliner_FLD_6.jpg

Ah I didn't pay attention to the logo on the pickup. I just assumed it was a Toyota Titan, but yes it is indeed a Nissan. Honestly forgot Nissan even still made trucks. lol

But yea the Freightliner is nice. Much as I like older vehicles I do admit though I do like the look of the Ford LTL 9000. I think I read somewhere before that Ford stopped making semi's, a shame because those was always my favorite.

That said, isn't Mack trucks generally used for hauling as well? Seems odd the dev's would go for something as obscure as a Chevy Bison (which I honestly never even know Chevy had made semi's until this truck came out lol), instead of something like a Mack.

I suppose they just had licensing rights to Chevy and just included whatever they had. lol

@justinlynch3 Yeah, that's my guess too. They had to work with what they had lisencing for. Also, Western Star has some other semis that are quite nice hauling logs.

@justinlynch3 That internationa is sick! Never heard of it before. Even the logo is different from nowdays one.

@deathcoreboy1 said in Homeland Mudrunners (IRL):

@justinlynch3 That internationa is sick! Never heard of it before. Even the logo is different from nowdays one.

I actually didn't know about the Load Star either, I was just looking for examples of single axle trucks and then I found that one. I thought it looked awesome as well so those was the pictures I used.

I'd like to have another single axle log truck through, the only one we have right now is the B-130. I like to have a variety of vehicles. Bring in that truck mentioned by the OP, bring in the International, give us 3 or 4 single axle trucks.

Same reason I want more loaders, just to have variety instead of the only loader being the K-700. Like I said before bring in a CAT (maybe not as big as this one since this is one that loads quarry trucks, but just a example pic)
alt text

Or a John Deere.
alt text

Just to have more then one option, right. I don't count the Skidder personally because a Skidder isn't a Loader, it's a Skidder. It serves a different purpose at a different job.

Mudrunner has I think 4 8X8 vehicles, and probably 10 or 15 dual rear axle trucks (most of which outside maybe 4 are 6X6). But we only have 1 single rear axle log truck, and only 1 loader. I just want more options in these sections. Hasn't the Zil been all by it's lonesome long enough? It needs some company. lol

@justinlynch3 Man, you really should get the PC version of MR. With the mods you'd have so much variety, even what you're asking for here.

last edited by Unster

I would but my like 2010 or so laptop isn't exactly a gaming rig. It'll run browser games and that's about it. I don't remember exact stats on the old girl, it has a Intel chip of some type, probably just a dual core and has I think 3GB of whatever type of RAM they was using 10 years ago.

Battery is also completely dead so thing is running purely off wall power, not that I really cares about that anyway. Old girls tough though, she'd taken some bumps and had collected a few dings over the years, from simply falling off my bed (not very high, but still a drop regardless) to my hyper dog running into it, but she's still together somehow. Honestly, I have absolutely nothing bad to say about Toshiba's build quality.

Pretty sure this thing still runs on Windows 7. There was a period of time I could of upgraded to 10 for free, I didn't take it. I was used to 7, understood how it worked and didn't feel like learning a new operating system. So I just said "eh screw 10, I'm keeping with what I know."

Anyways.... starting to babble on again. Point is it's not exactly a gaming PC.

I might finally look into getting a new one next year, I supposed a decade of use is alright. lol

By then Mudrunner 2 might be out. lol.

@justinlynch3 Mudrunner is not exactly a hardware demanding game. You can run it on a pretty slow computer TBH. I started playing it on my old HP laptop with only 2GB RAM and some godforsaken AMD APU. I had to tune the graphics down a bit and got like 23fps, but that was enough for me at that time.

What @Unster says is very true. There are so much vehicles in the modding community. Even the ones you're asking for. For example, I'd bet you will love this GAZ 3308:
0_1552910893176_nail-khusnutdinov-alg-026-010-gaz-3308-sadko-first-page-3x.jpg
0_1552910927141_GAZ_3308-Sadko.jpg 0_1552910989151_278274-MudRunner-2018-04-10-10-21-06-800.jpg

Again, a Soviet military truck, with a single axle. Something similar to the currently GAZ 66 we have in-game.

last edited by deathcoreboy1