New Maps?

I just wanted to log in and spend my whole Saturday evening with Sandstorm but then I remembered that there are the same old maps.
Can you tell us when to expect supplies in that department?

Edit: I would love to see some CQC maps. Maybe a remake of Ministry?

last edited by banani2804

@banani2804 A remake of Ministry is happening, as well as Sinjar, I think?

Also, I believe there is a map being worked on right now. Not sure what it is, exactly, but you could apparently play it in from the Admin menu when it first dropped lmao.

Yeah, I've heard that the remake of Ministry is in the making. But when is it coming?
I am so disappointed right now by so many multiplayer games (BFV here's looking to you) and the only Devs that are honestly delivering are the Ubisoft people working on R6:Siege. There is a nice timeline, you know when to expect what. And don't get me wrong I don't necessarily need a timeline but six maps are not nearly enough to keep me and/or the people playing Sandstorm.

last edited by banani2804

Sandstorm has been out barely 4 months. Give it some time, more will come. Right now they're still trying to get the bugs out and nail down the gameplay, plus adding mod support, all of which is more important in my opinion.

@banani2804 said in New Maps?:

the only Devs that are honestly delivering are the Ubisoft people working on R6:Siege.

Keep in mind that R6:Siege has a dev team of 150 people, an astronomically high budget, and it's a mature and stable game. Sandstorm has none of that going for it right now.

Well, I asked for a schedule not for instant delivery.
But at least adding a map vote at the end of a match could grant some relief. Because then we would not be forced to play the same maps over and over and over again. There are days when I am forced to play Farmhouse in 7 out of 10 matches. I mean, wtf?

@maa_bunny said in New Maps?:

Sandstorm has been out barely 4 months. Give it some time, more will come. Right now they're still trying to get the bugs out and nail down the gameplay, plus adding mod support, all of which is more important in my opinion.

Yeah, but, 4 months past the point where a lot of this stuff was already promised and missed.

I think that mod support is the top priority as I see it, a lot of the bugs are simply bad design decisions that can hopefully be remedied as SourceMod allowed in the last game.

@banani2804 Well, you probably know at this point but the new map is Compound. Mikee talked about it in an interview here: https://www.thesixthaxis.com/2019/04/23/insurgency-sandstorm-ps4-xbox-pc-hardcore-checkpoint-interview/

“We have a lot of free content planned for post-release,” Michael revealed, “including new maps, weapons, cosmetics, and game modes. We’re working on a new map called Compound which is a departure from our typical Middle Eastern rural and urban aesthetics. Compound takes place in a construction site and has a very diverse layout, with half built buildings, destroyed buildings, and makeshift fortified structures. It has this curious quality where one minute you’re in a tall, dark, congested, unfinished building trying to make out what silhouette is an enemy, and the next minute you’re in a wide open ditch squeezing through narrow pipes trying not to get noticed by snipers overhead."

Also definitely a +1 for mod support. That would greatly help Sandstorm's longevity.

last edited by MarksmanMax

Hello everyone,

You can gest a taste of the maps that we're working on in our latest article.
Also, mod support is planned!

https://forums.focus-home.com/topic/38719/insurgency-sandstorm-community-feedback-results