Tattoo - Higher resolution rock textures

@picsoul, Sweet. I don't care what ya do with them as long as you were able to use them. Thanks for using them.

last edited by Tattoo

I still have to go thru them all. I got side tracked.

Hey tatoo.

I'm working on some models for @Blackwater and my model is working, but it is white. I have the texture path set right:

DiffuseMap="models/bricks__d_a.tga"

I've tried with both .dds and .tga.

last edited by RiskyWisky

@riskywisky
Try removing the materials from the model in Max.

I got it fixed. The texture was just in textures when in the code it stated textures/models. kinda feel like a dumb nut

@mexican_420 said in Tattoo - [REL] Map Objects:

@riskywisky

That is NOT a good idea as the Axe exporter uses that texture info. Watch any of Spuns videos where he shows working on a mod, in Substance Painter, and you'll see how the model is split up by the texture names/materials, that were added thru Max. That information is needed, so it's not a good idea to remove textures from the mesh before exporting.

AND, when using multiple texture ID's on a single mesh, ya know, more than one texture on the mesh, you also NEED the textures to be on the mesh and named differently, as well as the 'Material' radio button being checked for the model to be exported correctly with the materials on the mesh.

last edited by Tattoo

Sorry for the delay to get these error free. I was debating re-releasing these as separate items but decided against it. Too much work and this is way easier.

Here they are, finally, error free. I'll be sure to check them more carefully next time.

Download:
Tat_Map_Objects_1f

@tattoo said in Tattoo - [REL] Map Objects:

@mexican_420 said in Tattoo - [REL] Map Objects:

@riskywisky

That is NOT a good idea as the Axe exporter uses that texture info. Watch any of Spuns videos where he shows working on a mod, in Substance Painter, and you'll see how the model is split up by the texture names/materials, that were added thru Max. That information is needed, so it's not a good idea to remove textures from the mesh before exporting.

AND, when using multiple texture ID's on a single mesh, ya know, more than one texture on the mesh, you also NEED the textures to be on the mesh and named differently, as well as the 'Material' radio button being checked for the model to be exported correctly with the materials on the mesh.

I just meant that if the model came from a 3rd party site it might have some flakey or improperly imported materials, so removing them before doing your own texturing can sometimes solve the problem. The water jugs I used in a couple of my addons were like that, but once I removed the imported semi-transparent material and applied my own opaque material, they rendered properly in-game.

@mexican_420, oh ok. I apologize. I thought different. My bad.

When I did the rocks I found, I resized all of the textures to 1024 because I thought it would be better for the game to have the lower resolution textures. I didn't realize that they look like crap in game because of it.

So I went back and redid all the textures that had a higher resolution. Some are 2k, 4k and 8k. I'll let you all decide on which you want to use. Some didn't change much because they're just not that great but some do look better.

I also changed the texture on rock_7 because it just looked like crap in game and I couldn't do anything with it. I just used a pre-made texture and it worked out good.

All of them together were over 4gig so I split it into 500 meg pieces.

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5

Hello dear friend!
Tell me is it possible to make a lever for the MudRunner 3 transfers forward to the upper position, and 1 reverse to the bottom?
I have knowledge of 3d max, but I do not know the structure of the lever (((((

@Adega, I'm really not sure what ya mean but there aren't any other options to do with the shifter. Sorry.

last edited by Tattoo