Mouse sensitivity drops in the middle of the freeaim box

This deadzone in the center of the screen feels absolutely terrible. It makes hipfire and moving the camera in general feel sluggish. Snapping to targets before going ADS is unintuitive because of it. This should be a priority fix as this is the kind of fault that can drive people away from the game.

I hope the devs are aware of that. I've read enough complaints about how the game feels wrong that could at least partially be blamed on this. This is as important as performance stutters. Maybe more.

@coo_snake said in Mouse sensitivity drops in the middle of the freeaim box:

This deadzone in the center of the screen feels absolutely terrible. It makes hipfire and moving the camera in general feel sluggish. Snapping to targets before going ADS is unintuitive because of it. This should be a priority fix as this is the kind of fault that can drive people away from the game.

I hope the devs are aware of that. I've read enough complaints about how the game feels wrong that could at least partially be blamed on this. This is as important as performance stutters. Maybe more.

I agree, for me this is more important than performance stutters for now, as performance has been on an acceptable level since christmas. But this ruins the play feel extremely effectively. Simply just don't feel like playing when the deadzone is there.

last edited by Leopardi

I sincerely hope this is being worked on as its very noticeable and its drives me away from the game. The performance of the game now is fantastic, and I think what most people think is the game stuttering is them just looking left and right with this bug.

last edited by crazz

Another update without a fix. I am bumping because this is too important to risk it being somehow forgotten by the developers. I'm honestly quite surprised it passed QA when free aim was implemented.

alt text

Let's hope April brings us the fix.

Maybe it's not a glitch and it's a feature to nerf the hipfire.

@tallsfalls said in Mouse sensitivity drops in the middle of the freeaim box:

No freeaim-game in existence since OFP in 2001 have resorted to anything like this. And it really doesn't even work "nerfing" hipfire, it just ruins the feel of the game for no reason.

last edited by Leopardi

Well April didn't bring us the happiness.

https://forums.focus-home.com/topic/38463/help-shape-the-future-of-insurgency-sandstorm
Guys, remember to fill out this form and link this thread in there

@leopardi said in Mouse sensitivity drops in the middle of the freeaim box:

@tallsfalls said in Mouse sensitivity drops in the middle of the freeaim box:

No freeaim-game in existence since OFP in 2001 have resorted to anything like this. And it really doesn't even work "nerfing" hipfire, it just ruins the feel of the game for no reason.

It makes the aiming feel like I'm using a Microsoft mouse from 1997, with a rubber ball and rollers that are covered in crud.

It also gives the feeling that the frame rate when looking around with the mouse is way more stuttery than it actually is.

I've always felt the aiming feels a bit rubber band esque as you described it in this game but I felt it still happens when Iron sighted. I'm getting pretty much a stable locked 60fps I found locking the frame rate to 60 with the limiter improves the responsiveness but something is still wrong. The dead one in the centre of the free aim is just insanely weird and needs to go in my opinion, a very strange design decision.

@chaton Any new information about this? It's soon June, still quiet on the mouse input front.

Silence. Meh, I really want this game to have proper mouse input.

@Leopardi said in Mouse sensitivity drops in the middle of the freeaim box:

Honestly, I feel like NWI's never fixing this. It's actually in Ins2014 as well.

@MarksmanMax said in Mouse sensitivity drops in the middle of the freeaim box:

Honestly, I feel like NWI's never fixing this. It's actually in Ins2014 as well.

I found out what this is. The behaviour of free aim is similar when in Rising Storm 2 when you select the "Boxed Free-Aim" setting instead of "Smooth rotation" or "None" (so there is no free aim at all.)

So the question is -- why couldn't we have these settings in Sandstorm?

last edited by Leopardi

I dunno, man. You're asking the wrong guy lol.

@chaton it rattles my chains that this is the question you ask. But also it isn't an issue.

@Jellyfoosh @chaton @Raibi

some help over here please, freeaim settings possible?

@MarksmanMax said in Mouse sensitivity drops in the middle of the freeaim box:

I dunno, man. You're asking the wrong guy lol.

Maybe we should make the thread in CTE section

Maybe we should make the thread in CTE section

I really don't know lmao. Mods don't seem to read the CTE section much IMO.