Invisible Logs?

I probably don't understand how the game works in multiplayer or maybe the few time I played with random players they didn't "want" to load my logs? I drug some long logs up to the road where two players were cooperating where one guy was loading the other. I dropped my logs where he could reach them and they were long logs, which is what they had been loading on the semi. But, he didn't seem to want them and got into his own skidder to go get his own logs. Am I missing something? Do the logs I drop NOT show up for the other players?

Your logs are "visible" to retrieve for other players only when you are nearby (physic's bubble).

I guess I need to play with a few friends that I can talk with during gameplay. I was sitting pretty close after I dropped the logs and at first I thought he was going to load them but didn't. Maybe they decided to switch lengths but not sure why they would do that? I think there was even another random player that pulled up with a long trailer so who knows?

How "big" is the bubble and what happens if I leave the area and then what happens if I return?

last edited by diggydog

@diggydog If you play with complete strangers and you are not communicating with each other, that will definitelly result into poor game expirience.

But with the logs, you can try it on your own (with cooperating friend).
Your friend will park next to log kiosk and spawn some logs (any), then you come closer and at some moment, ghost logs for retrieving will appear for you. That is that bubble range.

If you leave, those logs will stay there just for you. If you return there, they reappear for your co-players, if they are nearby...

In online multiplayer you need to pass log ownership to other players. Others can see your logs, but they can't pick them up until you pass ownership. Until you do your logs will show up white and transparent, they'll look a lot like your winch line, just in the shape of logs. Once you pass ownership, other players will be able to use them.

Now a lot of players don't understand the whole ownership mechanic thing, so they'll just go get their own logs regardless if you haul logs to them.

Personally I hope they get rid of this ownership thing in Mudrunner 2. I see no benefit to having it, it's a convoluted game mechanic that half the players don't even understand how to use. Just let players pick up any logs, regardless if it's logs they found or logs other players brought to them.

Can vehicles change ownership also? It seems to me that you should be able to share a truck with another player vs everyone needs to unlock everything?

Anyone want to complete this with me on PS4? Send me a friend request diggitydoggerty

last edited by diggydog

@diggydog said in Invisible Logs?:

Can vehicles change ownership also? It seems to me that you should be able to share a truck with another player vs everyone needs to unlock everything?

Anyone want to complete this with me on PS4? Send me a friend request diggitydoggerty

I'm up for that. I need the pass ownership achievement and the repair one.

last edited by Wiatowski

Ownership feature does exist because it is likely, that whole concept of MP wasn't originally planned.
If you check it closely, you can see, that each player is actually playing his own game and just active vehicle is "shared" in real time (and even that not entirely, sound, lights, tire tracks etc).
Everything else, that isn't part of basic map is managed "per player". You can noticed that on custom maps where some "active" model are used. For example, there is barrier, that could be opened by horn. In MP you can see your friend just passing THROUGH your barrier, because he opened his own version of it.

Trucks and trailers cannot be passed...