Am I the only one who would love to see cripple shots?

I think everybody agrees that in this moment the game really needs more maps. That's the main thing!

One other thing I would really love to see are cripple shots. If a guy is shot in the leg, he would fall on the ground, actually in prone position, and he could still fight and shoot but he woundn't be able to walk and will stay in prone position until receive medical assistance. May be just a perfect position shot would have this effect. Shots slightly off center wouldn't cripple soldiers.

The fallen soldier could scream like: "Im hit, I cant walk, I cant walk"!

last edited by Shadoware

TBH: INS isn't a Simulator, for all intensive purposes [i] hope you get that pun 😉 [/i].

I would really like to see player-gimping, however, and more-so... the discerning nature of the gimping, be-it: leg, or arm.

leg-gimping would cause limping and struggling advancement, and minor aim-decay, arm-gimping would cause reasonable aim-decay.

animations are not easy, to build and/or implement.

Current Issues First, but this is a really great feedback and i'm sure someone will make it happen. I am going to cop/paste it into the .txt i have for Mod ideas and it will be ready for when there';s a better tiem 😉

last edited by Reason3D

All these detail won't make the game a hardcore simulator anyway. Im playing Warframe and the character fall hurt incapable of moving. Warframe is totally arcade.

@reason3d said in Am I the only one who would love to see cripple shots?:

TBH: INS isn't a Simulator, for all intensive purposes

First of all it's "for all intents and purposes", secondly... why not have modes where it can behave like it? Would surely be interesting to have modes where there were extra levels of "realistic factors".

Imagine how funny it would be if you jumped off a place too high up, and instead of dying, you broken your legs and had to crawl everywhere xD

I'd love to see something like that, especially if it meant people/bots stopped sprinting around and shooting like nothing had happened after they've taken 2 or 3 bullets.

Please, aesy, fellas... Also, i don't know how you missed the (i hope you got that pun) section of my comment, but anytways.

My bad, first time i've seen any form of character interaction while wounded was Rainbow Six, and i elaborated on another type of function...

falling with wounds, inability to walk with broken bones, and leg wounds that make you limp and aim slight less accurately, and arm woulds that make you aim moderately less accurate [i]All are great things[/i].

Sorry if i didn't get my point across.

last edited by Reason3D

So I'd be forced to crawl everywhere until someone killed me? No thanks. That would ruin the flow of the game. The guy missed; don't reward him with immobilizing his opponent and making his game infuriating. I guess I'd have to carry a frag with me for when I get shot in the leg.

I.Sandstorm doesn't leave much room to create unique moments.
Cripple shots could help a bit with that.
I think most of time, the guy who shot your leg would finish you on the ground, but what if after he shot you some other team member of yours kill him? In this case, your team member could heal you.
If a friend gets shot and stumble to the ground in some crucial moment, you have to decide either attack the enemy or reaching a goal or save you friend. I think all these scenarios can add more intensity to the game.
There could be some game mode in the future where you have to capture some enemy VIP(like capture the flag with a VIP NPC instead a flag) and you'll have the choice to immobilize him if he is escaping too. I really like to have more options.

@cyoce said in Am I the only one who would love to see cripple shots?:

So I'd be forced to crawl everywhere until someone killed me? No thanks. That would ruin the flow of the game. The guy missed; don't reward him with immobilizing his opponent and making his game infuriating. I guess I'd have to carry a frag with me for when I get shot in the leg.

Leg-gimping causing limping and struggling advancement, and minor aim-decay; arm-gimping causing reasonable aim-decay would fit better, but i think a HardCore Game-Mode, etc. should separate it.

I miss the old insurgency modern combat maps and especially the maps from insurgency like sinjar and ministry.
I've grown very bored of the existing maps.

Insurgency has never had medics nor would they be a good thing to add to the base game as it would turn into battlefield 3 where everyone is a medic and they throw bags down and are immune to dying from everything except by headshots and explosives.

But i'm all for a more in depth damage model but if you add crippling shots and disarming shots with penaltys it would change the base game too much so they'd need to be featured in an exclusive gamemode maybe with the implementation of a medic class for the more mil-sim based groups/servers which are slower paced.

@reason3d oh boy! more mechanics that take control of your gun away from the player! I just love mechanics like suppression that reward players for missing. Can we get more of those?

@cyoce said in Am I the only one who would love to see cripple shots?:

@reason3d oh boy! more mechanics that take control of your gun away from the player! I just love mechanics like suppression that reward players for missing. Can we get more of those?

Definitely.. cuz when you [i]Actually get hit[/i], you should be able to Rambo immediately after, IKR?

@reason3d If you want to stop someone from "Ramboing," shoot them in the chest or the head. There's no situation in which a competent player would aim for a leg or arm shot when a better target is available, meaning a limb shot is most likely a miss. A failed shot shouldn't result in a special effect to benefit the person who missed.

On the other end, crippling is just an anti-fun mechanic. I don't want to be forced to crawl through a map that's painful enough to traverse while sprinting. I want to maintain control over my gun because this is a shooter.

In what way would this actually make the game more enjoyable?

[Code]***NSFW content***

click to show
[/Code]

Yeah, distance, and a running target are not factors at all [smh]

[edit] "gimping," is a simple, minor limp in the leg, with minor aim decay; An arm shot, would be semi-moderate aim decay, and a "Special Game-Mode" should be made for it, plz calm the F** down, son.

Nobody at NWI is going to do this, but a Game-Mode Mod would do this, you Don't Have To Play it, gee-whizz.

last edited by Reason3D

@shadoware - gimping sounds good but not for this game. I would love to see it in survival games! But not this game unless it had longer missions to necessitate staying alive longer.

@reason3d Those are factors. Factors you should take into account when shooting at someone.

@cyoce Here's my stance on it.

I like the idea of limb shots affecting your character negatively, as long as those negative effects can be countered by a good player. I don't need another Escape From Tarkov. Having a broken leg that lasts until you die would be a terrible mechanic in Sandstorm (it's garbage in EFT).

For instance, getting shot in the leg might cause you to stumble or something, but you can still aim and fire. I wouldn't actually recommend having your character straight-up fall unless maybe you were sprinting or something when you were shot.

I'd be careful with arm shots adding more sway or worsening ADS speed, as you can't do fuck-all about that. Maybe some extra recoil would be balanced, as a good player can at least account for that when returning fire.

last edited by MarksmanMax

@marksmanmax said in Am I the only one who would love to see cripple shots?:

@cyoce Here's my stance on it.

I like the idea of limb shots affecting your character negatively, as long as those negative effects can be countered by a good player. I don't need another Escape From Tarkov. Having a broken leg that lasts until you die would be a terrible mechanic in Sandstorm (it's garbage in EFT).

For instance, getting shot in the leg might cause you to stumble or something, but you can still aim and fire. I wouldn't actually recommend having your character straight-up fall unless maybe you were sprinting or something when you were shot.

I'd be careful with arm shots adding more sway or worsening ADS speed, as you can't do fuck-all about that. Maybe some extra recoil would be balanced, as a good player can at least account for that when returning fire.

To clarify, in Rainbow Six Multiplayer, if you got wounded, you were :"Leg-gimped" meaning you had to limp around, none of your teammates respawned... Thjere are no respawns in R6,.

So you made more noise and were slower, however, you could still pwn 2-4 of the the enemy team if you were 1337...

I don't think the mechanic should be in the "Base-Game" without a Game-Mode Playlist for it, separately, though.,

"extra recoil" : that's a goo d alternative to arm wound, but legs wounds make you limp... Have you served, sir? If yes, Thank You for Your Service!

Any team member could heal you applying some morphine(just to simulate). If you're not healed you would die in 2 minutes for blood leak, but a player could not heal himself.

@reason3d - We currently have a lot of effects hampering our ability to fight through suppression and concussion effects and fire. The farthest I would say take it is if its an arm shot, pistol only at that point. Whereas for leg shots give a slight hobble or limp also adding that sprint is disabled, and walk speed is all you get with the limp.

EDIT - You guys need to stop and think at how often this is going to happen. A simple feature like having your primary drop from an arm shot got real annoying real fast in insurgency source. I imagine this will not appeal to most. BUT the ability to have it in workshop would be GOLD.

last edited by Max80