Double winch for multiplayer

@mudrunnerr50 lol, i guess i no more understand you than you understand me. please show me where it is needed to have double winching. there is none, only people wanting it. now i am not saying they should not put it in the game, just there are things that the game needs done to it before we should start adding in what people are just wanting. now guess what, this is just "all my opinion" not yours which is ok and good to have different opinions, but seriously if you want to keep trash talking like a school kid then be my guest.

@8up-local I honestly have no idea how you can be so damned dence. SIMULATION. Do you comprendé?

@8up-local

He is saying we should simulate after his belongings and try to destroy the Gamephysics so its like the first version*.
Its a Simulation and we simulate having 1 winch in use not ring around with rosie. ^^ (otherwise where is the fun?)

*flying Vehicles everywhere

@mudrunnerr50

If Pavel wants us to play ring around with rosie he will make it possible.
I think its not his intention.

@mudrunnerr50 i do understand, but you do not understand me. so i give up. all yours fellas.

@checkmypixel not even close. Yet another person who doesn't seem to know how to read.

@8up-local obviously not. You make 0 good points about not having this as a feature. Why I do or my group does in our session has 0 effect on you. Why do you care how others enjoy the game? It has 0 bearing on how you enjoy it. If it were implentmented, don't use it. It's wouldn't be game changing for everyone.

I dont see what's so hard for you to understand about that.

@mudrunnerr50 why is it so hard for you to understand i am not saying it should not be in the game, but there are other things that should be taken care of first before we start adding these extra features for now? just because i feel it is not needed does not mean it is not wanted. i could care less about how you and your group plays, because i play my own way. now if they want to implement it into the game then fine by me. i would most likely use it myself, but i still do not think it is really needed, just wanted. now why is it you can not understand this point of view and difference in opinion?

if you still do not get it then why am i wasting my time?

last edited by A Former User

@8up-local because I cant possibly fathom why you care so much about it not being needed or whatever. It would be a simple and very quick fix. It wouldn't efffect Any thing else at all. Its not about being needed per se, its a simulator and there is literally no reason for the option not to be there. Game balance should only matter if there are teams vs teams to win something. But there isn't. I'm not saying have a million hp truck in game. But if its realistic, theres no reason not to have this option as well as some others.

If it were labled arcade, my argument would be 180 different. I'd still want it , but would have no real reason besides convience.

@mudrunnerr50 I am afraid that you are wrong at least in one thing.
If that can be implmented by "simple and very quick fix" It would be MOD into a game in ST times long time ago. This is not a first time I hear about multiple winch.
But even when I am far away from full understanding how physics in this game work, my opinion is this is NOT that simple as "find a cell with number of winches, write a number higher than 1, save"

Hi all.

Please remember to be kind and respectful to each other in your conversations. Disagreements are fine, and conversation encouraged, but please follow the forum rules.

@mudrunnerr50 i give up fella. if you still do not "get it" then i do not know what else to say other than adios amigos, because you obviously can not seem to have respect or understanding for someone else having an opinion that is different than your own. also i will agree that you are right, why fix the things that are wrong with the game first, lets get everything people are only wanting in the game first and fix the bugs and problems later.

what i do not get is why you seem so set on proving some sort of point of me being wrong with my "personal opinion" that you felt the need to berate and belittle me because what i said did not agree with your personal opinion. now seriously go back and read what all i have said, not once did i ever say it should not be in the game, only that i feel it is not really needed. which is the whole base for your argument. my opinion still stands and if you can not get it or respect that then you win and i am outta here because i do not feel like wasting anymore of my time with someone who is incapable of understanding this.

last edited by A Former User

@na-shledanou my apologies for your thread being hijacked. that was not the intention, just giving an opinion is not so easy anymore i guess.

I think that @mudrunnerr50 doesn't quite understand the word simulation. If he wants real life simulation he would need to:

• get out of the car to attach and reattach winch
  • turn the engine off and wait when he is refuelling
  • and so on..

also:

• he wouldn't be able to repair more than maybe 10% of truck damage in the field and repairing totaled truck would be only garage available and would take hours if not days of real time
  • he wouldn't be able to change any add ons on the truck in a garage, while possible it is not being done IRL

and more...

This game is a nice compromise between real life and a game, while there are some fields to improvement and making it more realistic, double winching is definitely not a necessity. As 8up says, I wouldn't mind if they put it but I'd prefer many other things that would add up to reality than that. I've spent a lot of hours playing ST and there was no single time when I needed double winching playing the game.

last edited by mistahk76

@mistahk76 most of what You just said sounds great. It would be nice if that stuff was added. However, in your attempt at being a smart ass, theres one thing you failed at, and that's turning off the engine when you refuel. Diesel trucks don't usually habe their engines shut off during refueling. Guess you've never been to a truck stop, or know about egt's. However, the instant fill up is still quit annoying. Yet, all that isnt the topic of this thread now is it?

@mudrunnerr50

On the contrary, I do know that, although have nothing to do with a real trucking. But you did forget that the engines we have here run on different fuels and even that is simplified as we do not have separate stations. These were only some examples. The way you go would make the game real sim and pretty off putting for maaany people. While I do understand that wish, there are some people who want to make it a rock crawling game, while yet some others wan'n to load it full with Chevies and Dodges. I do appreciate those ideas but do not desire to have trucks from may country or making it into Paris-Dakar Race as that is not the idea for the game.

I was writing about double winching and my opinion on that, that's why I think it's quite OK to have it here.

last edited by mistahk76

@mistahk76 well, its really not. That's derailing the topic. This thread is about the want for double winching. And the reasoning behind why it should be in game. Nothing more, nothing less.

@mudrunnerr50 said in Double winch for multiplayer:

@mistahk76 well, its really not. That's derailing the topic. This thread is about the want for double winching. And the reasoning behind why it should be in game. Nothing more, nothing less.

wow

I agree wholeheartedly, this needs to be implemented. I know of others as well who agree.