Backpack from heavy carrier is way too big for its capacity

backpack on heavy carrier is HUGE. Makes you WAY easier to spot and shoot by turning you into a turtle and offers you space that a non-backback carrier would offer(ONLY 2 mags +2 expolosives).
Can a huge backpack like this really hold ONLY THAT? NO. With that large backpack I should be able to carry additional mags for my whole team which could make you a good asset in the team, too if I did.

Please either, make the heavy carrier useful for its size or make it smaller.

You wouldn't be carrying ready to use magazines in the backpack anyway, they're too slow to get at. The difference in ammo capacity is just supposed to represent what's carried on the vest. Backpacks are purely cosmetic.

The heavy backpacks used to be even bigger, it was totally ridiculous. I still agree though, in real life, if I had a pack that size, I'd leave it on the truck before going into combat.

@maa_bunny said in Backpack from heavy carrier is way too big for its capacity:

You wouldn't be carrying ready to use magazines in the backpack anyway, they're too slow to get at. The difference in ammo capacity is just supposed to represent what's carried on the vest. Backpacks are purely cosmetic.

The heavy backpacks used to be even bigger, it was totally ridiculous. I still agree though, in real life, if I had a pack that size, I'd leave it on the truck before going into combat.

Are Ground-Pounders so "retaded" that getting ammo would be inapplicable? ammo is amo, i know wtf "read-to-use" ammo is, but the ammoin the BP doesn't render them blanks...

i second that emotion, that ammo in Heavy Carrier should be passel to team.

I have a similar backpack and it seems there can fit about 10 RPG charges and several boxes of machinegun rounds.

It is necessary to change the current backpacks for 20L capacity (Racoon II as an option).0_1554703215755_i3371984-dsc_0024_(2).jpg
and 60L capacity.

last edited by sobaken

@reason3d said in Backpack from heavy carrier is way too big for its capacity:

Are Ground-Pounders so "retaded" that getting ammo would be inapplicable? ammo is amo, i know wtf "read-to-use" ammo is, but the ammoin the BP doesn't render them blanks...

Soldiers certainly carry a few spare magazines in packs. But they're not there with the expectation that they'll be used while reloading one's rifle. They're there to replace empties in vest or belt mag pouches when there is a break in the combat. Sandstorm doesn't really simulate combat at that level - in a sense soldiers would resupply out of packs after the match is over. In game it's rather pointless since there are crates of infinite ammo supply scattered around the battlefield.