SpinTiresMod How To Install and Discussion

I think I got something to work. Apparently I was missing the reshade-shaders effects and textures. When I installed reshade separate from st mod it couldn't download the shaders so it left me only with an ui, no tools. I then found those textures and effects and redirected the paths to them from reshade extension.
So now I can fiddle with all those presets (yikes!)

last edited by A Former User

may be it is me, but i do not get the reshade stuff. i mean yeah it looks better to an extent, but editing stock game files can do wonders as well. also pretty trouble free and easy enough to do. 🤔

Searching for shaders I might have found a few other effects,

https://pastelink.net/q2jf

ok, so just learned that the mod tool does not support the original spintires game i think like it shows. i spent part of the morning trying to get ST to work only it kept crashing out. couple weeks ago i checked out a ST map for a friend and it was working fine. so after verifying and unistall/reinstall and still not working i turned to the ST/MR mod tool and started checking things out. once i deleted the directory link for spintires from the ST/MR mod toll the original spintires game is now working again. anyone else notice this or want to test it just so i know it was not just me or something on my end.

last edited by A Former User

@8up-local it works in ST for me. I wish it would being as many more features to MudRunner as for ST though

has any one having to uncheck the 'center camera on truck" box?? if i use it, the zoom just keeps going and going.

last edited by rufus

does it still do it when you turn off the extended zoom stuff for devtools? you can try adjusthing that slider, too to see if that helps.

@rufus its a bug, it has happened to me since the Center camera on truck option was added

The wait for the new update to this MOD begins again..LOL...the newest stock Map with the new DLC is actually a pretty cool map....this vista's and the scenary is quite nice..

@rufus said in SpinTiresMod How To Install and Discussion:

has any one having to uncheck the 'center camera on truck" box?? if i use it, the zoom just keeps going and going.

I had this issue before, and I believe I resolved it by removing a "camera" folder from a 3rd-party mod or map I had installed...

@mexican_420 it happens to me right after a MR update, and it fixes itself when STMod gets updated

did anyone else lose the STMod? this is getting old.. i'm going to start playing ST again. Fux Focus!!

I can't remember the last time i had a problem with it not showing up in game... I use a shortcut on my desktop that goes directly to the 4GBpatched.exe that comes with STM, though.

The only problem I have is when they update the editor, then i have to wait for a new STM build.

@ssvqwnp said in SpinTiresMod How To Install and Discussion:

I can't remember the last time i had a problem with it not showing up in game... I use a shortcut on my desktop that goes directly to the 4GBpatched.exe that comes with STM, though.

The only problem I have is when they update the editor, then i have to wait for a new STM build.

Run the default Mudrunner exe, and make a note of the version number. Then run the 4GBpatched exe and check the version number. They may not match... 😉

@rufus said in SpinTiresMod How To Install and Discussion:

did anyone else lose the STMod? this is getting old.. i'm going to start playing ST again. Fux Focus!!

You realize this is on the mod and not Mudrunner and Focus, right? It's just par for the course when using mods in a game.

Game updates-mod updates-game updates- mod updates..... It's a never-ending cycle as long as the game and mod are moving forward, which thankfully both are.

@PicSoul , i do agree with you.. my post's were more out of disappointment, than sound thinking..
sorry for the ranting everyone. i should've waited until i cooled down, prior to bringing it up.
ps, with 252,000 views, you would think that Focus would try a little harder, to solve or offer(their own) the MRMod

last edited by rufus

@mexican_420 Yeah, I know it's probably different. I think my version says November. That is precisely why I made a shortcut to the patched exe

@ssvqwnp I only bring up that point because if the game gets updated and you continue to run the 4GBpatched exe, you won't be benefiting from those updated features because the 4GBpatched exe is part of STMod (not the retail version of the game) and subsequently only gets updated when STMod gets updated. Apologies if I sound like I'm insulting your intelligence if you're already aware of this... 🙂

@mexican_420 I didn't read it like you were. I just choose to use a version that lets me keep my super powers...

And most of the "improvements" that have been made have gone unnoticed by me.

ok a little confused is the 4GBpatched.exe built into the spintires mod downloaded from here or is it a seperate download and if so where is said download big thank you in advance tired of constant runtime errors and would like to get rid of them and it seems this 4gb patch is the only solution ive found