Winching when flipped over

I think its stupid the winch dosnt work when you flip over i mean i understand they want you to get another truck to rescue youself but in real lif the winch is conected to the battery so if you flip it will still work so i think you guys should make it so you can winch yourself back over whdn you flip that truck

last edited by NA SHLEDANOU

Not really in the big trucks, depends on a winch type you have.

also not being able to steer when the engine has stalled is annoying, when a friend is trying to pull you back onto your wheels and the front wheels keep digging in, its just a pain.

You ever tried to steer hydro assist when your buggy is on it's side ?

Steering while flipped was possible in Spintires, though when you're that far over that your wheels dig in you can actually start the engine, I believe.

@mendel said in Winching when flipped over:

Steering while flipped was possible in Spintires, though when you're that far over that your wheels dig in you can actually start the engine, I believe.

Its still possible in MR.

@na-shledanou said in Winching when flipped over:

I think its stupid the winch dosnt work when you flip over i mean i understand they want you to get another truck to rescue youself but in real lif the winch is conected to the battery so if you flip it will still work so i think you guys should make it so you can winch yourself back over whdn you flip that truck

None of the trucks in game have electric powered winches irl.

Cmon lets take all the fun out of the game ^^ and make it even easier.

I know where he is comming from with his wish for a battery connected winch but even IRL you dont wanne be in or close to a big truck fliped with his loading. You will allways go for a other Trucker to help you out.
(up to 40 tons just the logs, 12 tons for a 255 stock without fuel and or attachments)

It would be great on a custom map like a trail with explorers.

About the steering issue:
What about take out the gear?
Steering should be possible without started engine. Just open a new game and steer.

• Feature of steering wheels on tipped truck was taken away. Speaking of those buttons in advanced menu. This, sort of, increased difficulties with recovering truck. On the other hand, we received those extra winchpoints on sides of each truck and those make recovering far more easier, so, where is the big deal?
  • Steering is slower, when engine is not running. Everybody who ever tried to steer without running servopump will agree it makes sense.
  • Winches of most vehicles in here are powered directly from engine (not sure if it is even possible to make winch powerfull enough for these and powered by electricity). Exception might be A-class of vehicles. For those small explorers might be nice (and usefull) to have "battery powered winch) but I don't think that game support different approach to some vehicles right now.
    However, big trucks (C-class and higher) should not be able to recover themselves on their own, that doesn't seem fair to me.

Make the uaz able to have battery winch... Makes sense with big trucks... But the uaz should have electric winch not engine winch

Like others have said the larger vehicles would have a hydraulic winch or something similar that would require the engine to be running, and steering is much harder without the engine on IRL so it makes sense that it would be slower. I do agree though that the smaller vehicles should have electric powered winches so they can recover themselves. It doesn't sound like there is going to be a MudRunner + so it would be nice to see this in the game, especially with all the US trucks on the workshop that would without a doubt have electric winches.

@mothertrucker02

It doesn't sound like there is going to be a MudRunner + so it would be nice to see this in the game

and that is the part I do not understand either:

• Pavel's idea for the game is not to have it (he prefers superhero's x-rays)
  • he is waiting to add it as a bonus in one of the "DLCs"
  • he is keeping that for MR:2

Otherwise I cannot understand why many of those features are not implemented in the game yet.

@mistahk76 said in Winching when flipped over:

Otherwise I cannot understand why many of those features are not implemented in the game yet.

It is not enough to think of them, you have to actually code them and test them, and there are only so many hours in the day and you have to set priorities. That's why.

@crunky-trunks Yes, successfully. I never skip gym day.

This is how the back winch works on an Ural truck... no engine, no winch...

Youtube Video

I just love this game... 🙂

@mendel said in Winching when flipped over:

@mistahk76 said in Winching when flipped over:

It is not enough to think of them, you have to actually code them and test them, and there are only so many hours in the day and you have to set priorities. That's why.

But I am talking about things other people have already implemented by many mods.