Forester Trophy and Only Love?

Guys, I'm just getting started on the forester trophy (use of map NOT ALLOWED). I'm doing my first attempt on Grizzly Creek and hardcore since I'm more familiar with that map.

Since grizzly is a scavenger map, I guess I might end up driving around the swamp a bunch looking for the desired log length? Otherwise I'd use the map to figure where I need to go for which type.

I understand that if I accidentally tap the map button it is "No Trophy for You!" I guess I wish there was an option at the start to disable the map during the attempt.

How do you keep track of log deliveries without the map?

Also, on the "my only love" you have to start in a particular vehicle and NEVER switch to a different truck? Is that right?

last edited by diggydog

Pretty sure you can do Forester on Casual can't you? I believe I just went into Mount Logmore, drove to the lumber mill, and just hauled a half dozen load of logs up from the log station at the bottom of the hill to the mill, the log station I'm thinking off is like a 1 or 2 minute drive from the lumber mill, it's a very short run. The hill itself is supposed to be the challenge, and yea a lot of the AW trucks can spin out on it. But just start the map in a C-255 and you'll be perfectly fine.

For context on the map I'm thinking of, you have the Lumber Mill, then a locked garage right by it, then a fuel station a few feet down the road, then a short drive down that same road and you come upon the long hill I'm talking about.

It's super easy to memorize, and a great way to cheese both these trophies at one time and unlock them both super easily.

Question- when I start the map I select a single 1 star truck. And before I do anything it shows 3 stars on the door. Does this mean I'm NOT going to get credit for a 1 star attempt? ( I have already completed this map and probably did it with 3 star trucks.)

last edited by diggydog

@diggydog said in Forester Trophy and Only Love?:

Question- when I start the map I select a single 1 star truck. And before I do anything it shows 3 stars on the door. Does this mean I'm NOT going to get credit for a 1 star attempt? ( I have already completed this map and probably did it with 3 star trucks.)

The stars simply mean you completed the map before. It has no relation to any achievements/trophies.

Also I'm pretty sure the 1 Star Challenge is not a official in-game achievement, it's a fan made thing.

Ah, I guess I didn't realize the 1 star objective wasn't a trophy, seem like a fun challenge anyhow. I guess if I want to brag I'm gona need to be able to take a screenshot of all my single star maps in the game startup screen.

@diggydog
One star challenge is "just" a fans made thing.
Number of stars on a door of your truck is a lowest (best) of your results (starting vehicles with you actually finished a map)

Why do I torture myself? I'm trying to do logmore on hardcore with the C-256 (1 star). So I have the crane and short log rack. I got two load hauled from the area nearest the lumber mill, but now I am stuck in the swamp and will most likely run out of fuel before I free myself. Argggggg.... running out of fuel is game over since I'm trying to get the my only love AND forester trophies together. I liked the thought of the challenge but now when this fails it is really going to suck the fun out of it for me... 😞

Who has completed either of these challenges on hardcore?

(I managed to get myself out of the swamp! Ya! I kept getting hung up on twigs and small branches more than stuck in mud. What a nightmare, the dark and the swamp together are the worst! I actually sat there and waited for sunrise!)

last edited by diggydog

Can anyone confirm the "my only love" trophy? I finished the map and I DID get the forester trophy but NOT my only love?

I NEVER got out of the truck I started in. I DID tow another truck, but didn't use it or drive it once I realized there was no way to pack it if I did load it and tow it to the mill.

I think I got cheated...

@diggydog I have all of them, but it is a long time, so I am not exactly sure about details how to get them.
In your case, I think that breakpoint was your towing.
I don't know how it exactly work "behind the scene", but it is possible that when you tow the truck, it was somehow at "active" mode a and that broke achievement.
In general, I am not sure, if AW maps and trucks are a good choice for this achievement anyway...

@diggydog I think when you towed the truck you lost it. As the truck may have been in drive mode. I did mine on Grizzly Creek casual selected just the Western Star and nothing else.

last edited by Wiatowski

Ya, I agree. Was a bit of a disappointment since it was not entirely explicit and I would claim I used only one truck throughout. A bit of semantics I suppose. I DID finally get the trophy.