ISSUE with ADS and aiming deadzone

If I have a rifle with a scope and laser sight equipped, and then aim my laser at a distant object, then when I subsequently ADS I find that my aimpoint has shifted quite a lot and the gun scope has zero'd in on point which is offset from where the original laser dot was pointing.

eg. From hipfire position I aim my laser at window 50m away. When i then ADS, my scope and laser are now aimed 5m to the left, or right, or above, or below.

Is that right? This is fucking up my aim quite a bit.

When I aim down sights, I would expect that my rifle should stay aimed at whatever my dot was pointed at, not move to a random spot.

The direction and offset of the shift seems to be correlated with the direction the mouse was last moved before ADS and related to the size of the deadzone "cone".

Try doing what you described in real life and I guarantee you that you cannot hold that laser in the exact same spot especially after moving both arms from the hip to your line of sight. You need to do the corrections yourself just like you would holding a rifle.

last edited by imacookie

This is an actual issue caused by a slight center deadzone while in hip fire. It's been discussed a couple of times, for example here. In hip fire you can move the gun without moving the camera (the direction you look at) the same amount, so the aim is not centered on your screen. When you go ADS your aim will center in on your screen center, not the hip fire aim point. It kinda does make sense, but it doesn't really serve any meaningful purpose in this game and we can just hope NWI redesigns it.

@imacookie said in ISSUE with ADS and aiming deadzone:

Try doing what you described in real life and I guarantee you that you cannot hold that laser in the exact same spot especially after moving both arms from the hip to your line of sight. You need to do the corrections yourself just like you would holding a rifle.

You are correct, but in game if I un-ADS and then re-ADS again without moving the mouse, the scope homes right in on the dot without the aim point shift. I can keep tapping my right mouse button to ADS in and out all day and the aim point doesn't shift an inch.

So, there's an inconsistency right there. Should it shift or not? Possibly it should, but it needs to be consistent to both scenarios if we're to build up any kind of muscle (!) memory for rapid aiming.

last edited by Congas