Vehicle Presentation - Introducing The GMC DW950

0_1555605046640_MudRunner-Oldtimers_Cards_1024x512_01.png

Old-Timers is a DLC coming out April 30th on PC, Xbox One, PS4, and Switch. We're excited to present one of its new vehicles - the GMC DW950! Old-Timers includes a brand new map, the Rocky Hills, and two new vehicles.

Vehicle Description:
If you need versatility and utility, the GMC DW950 should be near the top of your list. With the ability to attach a long list of various trailers, this veteran hauler is most at home on the road, unlike its sibling truck, the Western Star 6900XD.

Game Stats:
With 600 points of damage, The GMC DW950 knows how to take a hit and keep going. The 330L fuel capacity lets it keep going well into the sunset without a break.

Strengths:
Due to its armory of attachments and sturdy build, the GMC DW950 will have a solution to most of your problems, as long as it can keep its wheels on a solid road.

Weaknesses:
Although the GMC DW950 is a king on the road, off-road is outside its area of expertise.

0_1555606732059_MudRunner_Old-timers_01.jpg

Attachments:

• Fuel Semi-Trailer - Contains 3700 liters of Fuel
  • Fuel Trailer - Contains 1600 liters of Fuel
  • Garage Parts - Contains 2 Garage Points
  • Garage Semi-Trailer - Contains 4 Garage Points
  • Garage Trailer - Contains 2 Garage Points
  • Log Carriage - Can carry Short Logs
  • Log Carriage With Crane - Enables a Crane Attachment, can carry Short Logs
  • Long Log Cart - Can carry Long Logs
  • Medium Log Trailer - Can carry Medium Logs
  • Short Log Trailer - Can carry Short Logs
  • Trailer Hitch - Players can attach trailers to their trucks
  • Utility Semi-Trailer - Contains 1200 Repair Points, and 4 Garage Points
  • Utility Trailer - Contains 600 Repair points, and 2 Garage Points
last edited by Jellyfoosh

Nice, another 4x6 to challenge the old trusty Zil 130 and Kraz 256, looking forward to see what the GMC Task Force Napco Conversion comes with

last edited by Forces

"Not suitable for offroad"

Aw dang, is this thing going to be like the Freightline/Bison/LTL9000 where it gets stuck on the slightest bit of mud?

The GMC DW950 is a 50's era truck, machine was heavier built back then. This thing should have similar capabilities offroad to the C-256 if you ask me.

some fuel points for the utility semi trailer would be nice, but also a little OP if it is going to have garage and repair points unless taken off road to use. imo.

@justinlynch3 not quite that bad. it will have diff lock. which can get you pretty far compared to nothing.😉

last edited by A Former User

So with this update can i attach my flatbed to it? Will it let me attach my flatbed to the russian trucks? Jus curious why you cant swap trailers between the dlc's trucks. On ps4 i should add lol

last edited by Blazinit

@8up-local said in Vehicle Presentation - Introducing The GMC DW950:

some fuel points for the utility semi trailer would be nice, but also a little OP if it is going to have garage and repair points unless taken off road to use. imo.

@justinlynch3 not quite that bad. it will have diff lock. which can get you pretty far compared to nothing.😉

Yea but the AW trucks had diff-lock I'm pretty sure, it was on full time.

@justinlynch3 said in Vehicle Presentation - Introducing The GMC DW950:

@8up-local said in Vehicle Presentation - Introducing The GMC DW950:

Yea but the AW trucks had diff-lock I'm pretty sure, it was on full time.

shit you are right, not sure about full time though, but yeah they do have diff lock. my mistake. 😖 i swear i thought they were fully open 2wd. lol

last edited by A Former User

Can't help to feel like a fallout bive to this truck. Looks cool.

@deathcoreboy1 oh shit exactly, and i thought where i was getting this sweet feeling that i cant explain from watching this screenshot :DDD right, right, right.

@justinlynch3 said in Vehicle Presentation - Introducing The GMC DW950:

Aw dang, is this thing going to be like the Freightline/Bison/LTL9000 where it gets stuck on the slightest bit of mud?

probably yes, but then again if u have enough experience u could get freightliner and ford through pretty thick mud + having diff lock is pretty helpful and this trucks size is bigger than western star so expect some heavy weight crawling XD

last edited by zamal

Not suitable for off road, and the only other American non-scout vehicles are in a paid DLC... So is this map going to be able to be completed purely on road, or will we need to make some sorta GMC centipede using the winch to complete the objectives?..

Still hoping to someday see some of the true American behemoths in game (some of the larger things in the lineups of Kenworth, Mack, Autocar, and Oshkosh). I guess the best hope for them is MR2...

last edited by ManfredE3

More and more trucks not suitable for offroad. Why is this game called Mud Runner? I'm not trying to be overly negative, but it's a curious direction this game has taken since AW.

@unster I kida like the concept they have taken in AW, providing roads to carry the logs long-distance but having to collect them from tough terrain. Now @ManfredE3 has a point. If the player does not own AW, there will be no american offroader to get through the hard terrain. We'll have to wait on see but my guess here is that there will be a last minute surprize like in AW when they left the Skidder and the Fordwarder to the last presentation.

last edited by deathcoreboy1

@deathcoreboy1 Don't count on that. My understanding is that this DLC will introduce 2 vehicles, just like all the free DLC's before it, and they've already been presented.

I'm fine with a mix of road running and mud running. Just noticing less and less mud running with the last 2 DLC's.

last edited by Unster

@unster It would be sad tho. Not having a proper american offroader with proper size to complete the map is a major flaw. At least one should be there. Otherwise this map is probably gonna be bored as hell.

If the loading point and the sawmills are going to be accesible by road from one to the other, then why would you even need the chevrolet scout?

last edited by deathcoreboy1

@deathcoreboy1 If you don't have AW then you'll get some russian offroaders spawned on the map. I'm surely it'll be possible to complete. If anything it'll probably be too easy.

@unster I do have american wilds but I was thinking of the players that dont. Anyways, we'll have to wait and see.

@unster said in Vehicle Presentation - Introducing The GMC DW950:

I'm fine with a mix of road running and mud running. Just noticing less and less mud running with the last 2 DLC's.

coudnt agree more

@deathcoreboy1 said in Vehicle Presentation - Introducing The GMC DW950:

my guess here is that there will be a last minute surprize like in AW when they left the Skidder and the Fordwarder to the last presentation.

i doubt that, those 2 trucks that were presented in the end was never surprise when they first mentioned AW details there were mention of 11 trucks and then it went to 9 for unknown reasons until very last minute, so we kinda knew taht there was gonna be 2 more trucks coming just didnt know which ones

and keep in mind this a free dlc, i woudnt hype myself on it too much

i just want map to be interesting and little bit challenging

@unster That would be really weird considering this is an American map and the AW maps didn't mix vehicles naturally spawned in the map. The AW vehicles average age is the same as the base game's, unlike these two, which would make that even weirder.

last edited by ManfredE3

@manfrede3 Maps can be set up to spawn particular vehicles or random ones. I know people who don't have AW are limited to the russian trucks for their spawns, even though they can play American maps.

@unster I'm talking about the two official American maps from AW. You can choose any truck you have unlocked for the garage spawns, but as far as I can tell the maps themselves always spawn a skidder, a Western star, an American scout, and two of the "not for off road use" American trucks.

I haven't played The Ridge or The Valley since they came out; I don't remember if they spawn non-DLC vehicles in those maps but if they don't, that's more trouble for the lonely GMC