How to Animate Steering Shafts?

Hello all.

I have posted a new fourm today to adress my issue with steering shafts. When I go to animate them, in game, this happens:

0_1555697416283_f1228be3-9b70-43bf-b15d-d50d3e890822-image.png

Here's the code:

<SteeringRack
		Frame="BoneRack"
		FrameSteerLeft="BoneRackLeft"
		FrameSteerRight="BoneRackRight"
		RackHalfSizeZ="0.8"
	/>

On my animation, i have BoneRack, BoneRackLeft, and BoneRackRight all listed in one skin. I have BoneRackLeft with the left side (facing forward) skinned at 1, and the BoneRackRight on the right side skinned at 1. For the BoneRack, I have the middle skinned to 1 for that.

Is there something I am doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

0_1555469517730_1.png

Where are your bones? What geometry is skinned to each bone? Have you verified that your bones are zeroed for rotation?

AFAIK FrameSteerLeft should reference the bone that your left-side hub/spindle is skinned to (and vice versa for FrameSteerRight, obviously) and not the tierod itself.

@riskywisky, There's a guide for that. look in here;

\Steam\steamapps\common\MudRunner - Editor\Guide.pdf

0_1555703891858_39c74c27-07c3-442d-8a2f-28ee1fed88f3-image.png

@Tattoo This is what the guide states, the code, which i already have.

@Mexican_420 All of my 3 bones are in the same place, in front of the steering shaft itself.

@riskywisky
Align the left bone to the pivot point of your left steering knuckle and then skin the knuckle only to that bone. Then repeat for right side (with right bone and right steering knuckle, of course). Then skin the vertices on each end of your tierod to the corresponding bone (vertices at left end skinned to left bone, vertices at right end skinned to right bone). I don't think you need a bone for the tierod as long as you specify the tierod mesh as your Frame.

<SteeringRack
Frame="tierod"
FrameSteerLeft="BoneRackLeft"
FrameSteerRight="BoneRackRight"
RackHalfSizeZ="0.8"
/>

last edited by Mexican_420