Things that would be great for modder

There are a lot of stuff which would make our life easier:

• possibility to use png or tga as heightmap in the editor
  • driver dummy
  • steering wheel dummy including rotation
  • Reload of the mod truck-mesh without leaving the editor or at least automatically open up the proving ground such as Mud Runner do it with default levels!
  • Possibility to open the developer menu for map makers without the need of renaming the map to proving ground.
  • the possibility to choose the day / night variation and time on the proving ground map to create consistent / uniform screenshots (camera mode).
last edited by voto.1979

+1
It would be handy to get back the "continue" button in the main menu so you can leave and resume proving ground without resetting all vehicles too.
And for the editor it would be cool to have a "truck dummy", just a model of a ural4320 or something like that, you can add to get a feeling for the scale- I'm building a map right now and I want some paths to be very narrow, but I need to load the map in the game, drive to the location I'm working at, to actually see if it's just right, to wide or to tight. If there was a dummy to add in the editor you could check it faster and easy.

you are right 🙂

• upload maps to the steam workshop
  • the possibility to have more than one texture for a truck without the need to create a new version. Basically an option to change the texture in the garage for a truck.
last edited by voto.1979

I totally agree to all these suggestions! +1

@dereggen said in Things that would be great for modder:

And for the editor it would be cool to have a "truck dummy", just a model of a ural4320 or something like that, you can add to get a feeling for the scale-

You can always take the sample model, kraz255, that was provided with the editor and make it a static model to do what you're talking about. That might help.

@tattoo said in Things that would be great for modder:

And for the editor it would be cool to have a "truck dummy", just a model of a ural4320 or something like that, you can add to get a feeling for the scale-

You can always take the sample model, kraz255, that was provided with the editor and make it a static model to do what you're talking about. That might help.

Had the same idea while writing this ^^ I was just not sure how easy it is to convert a model for the editor.

Had the same idea while writing this ^^ I was just not sure how easy it is to convert a model for the editor.

Do you not know how? I can do it for ya if you want.

Thanks, I've just used the trucks_kraz255 mesh file, copied and renamed it to models_kraz255 and created a new kraz255.xml file in classes->models - now I have a kraz255 model without tires and with a strange texture issue but it's more than enough... and it took only five minutes.
With a truck dummy I don't need to check the map so frequently, thanks for the advice!