Just curious about console mods?

Hi so I’m fairly new to the game and community but I’ve been watching different you tubers play it hoping it would get a console port and now that it has, I’m kind of disappointed with the lack of content. Every forum and video I see seems to mention that mods are the reason for the huge popularity and survival of the original ST and now that I have the game (almost 60 bucks later) I’m beginning to see why so many have come to that conclusion. It took me roughly 2 days (with many breaks) to beat the entire game (on casual since I’m a noob) and get all unlockable vehicles and the only reason I even start the game up anymore is to play with friends because there isn’t enough content to keep me interested playing solo. Im not saying the game sucks though, it is a beautiful game and while progressing it kept me interested and the feeling of accomplishment after delivering a load kept me going til the end but after that I shut the game off and moved on . Which is why I feel that having mods would constantly keep the game fresh and new and it’s disappointing because I can see most console players dropping off the band wagon when they get tired of the 6 maps and handful of non customizable vehicles (and no I don’t consider throwing a crane on a truck a viable “customization” option). So, with that all being said I just want to know if there is any chance consoles will get mods in the near future so this game can really take off on all platforms instead of just pc. Or if there is already a post answering this can somebody please point it out for me?

Hi, the question about mod on console is answered in our FAQ.

The first goal of the team at Saber was to bring the Spintires experience to consoles in a new improved version. Releasing the best possible base game was the first priority. Now the goal is to fix the last remaining technical issues and bring some of the most requested features in the game (wheel support on consoles and working mirrors in cockpit view are on the list).

We hear your requests about mods on consoles and we understand them. They won't be available in the short run on PS4 and Xbox One. But we plan to support Spintires: MudRunner in the long run and we'll develop future updates with community feedback in mind.

Thanks for the info and fast reply, I guess all we can do is wait haha. Have a good one