General Weapon Physics

The moment I fired my first round I knew that we weren't there yet. I noticed some general annoyances .

• Bullet hits sometimes seem to pass right through enemy.
  • Flight time and trajectory needs some serious work.
    • Leading a target as I would have done in combat (retired army) is always a miss.
  • Realism for distance i.e, projectile arc is completely wrong, I honestly cant tell you how (it's a feeling and an art) Please don't take offense to this but, The Battlefield franchise is the closest I have ever seen to true projectile motion. Insurgency would be unstoppable if this type of realism was implemented.
  • On a more positive note; this is an amazing game and I can't wait to see the future improvements made by the team! Keep it up!! -E

Hello @LegacyCollider,

Thank you for your feedback! I'll pass this list on to the team.

@legacycollider said in General Weapon Physics:

The moment I fired my first round I knew that we weren't there yet. I noticed some general annoyances .

• Flight time and trajectory needs some serious work.
    • Leading a target as I would have done in combat (retired army) is always a miss.
  • Realism for distance i.e, projectile arc is completely wrong, I honestly cant tell you how (it's a feeling and an art) Please don't take offense to this but, The Battlefield franchise is the closest I have ever seen to true projectile motion. Insurgency would be unstoppable if this type of realism was implemented.
  • On a more positive note; this is an amazing game and I can't wait to see the future improvements made by the team! Keep it up!! -E

I feel you with the bullet trajectory part. I think what feels off is Insurgency uses hitscan (like COD) and projectile based (like BF) at the same time. For "closer" shots they use hitscan and for longer shots they use the projectile based.
I do feel it's off too and if I could choose, I'd use ONLY the projectile based bullet system.

Part of the problem with the hybrid ballistics system is that within the hitscan rage the projectile trajectory is completely flat, and then beyond that it only drops. There are not two zero crossing points, and at no point will the projectile impact above point of aim. If you're paying attention to the ballistics, it's just doesn't feel right at all compared to the way bullets work in real life.

Most of the time it's a small difference, so I find it easy to ignore, so long as I don't think too hard about it.

Ive been shooting rifles and pistols etc in real life for years so when you say battlefield is more realistic i have to say you must be drunk mate. Dont take offense, just saying.

@pasiaks74 hes saying the ballistics are more realistic in battlefield, not the entire game in general which I have to agree. The hitscan distance is way too far in Sandstorm and BF does do a phenomenal job im mimicking how bullets actually travel irl.

last edited by imacookie

"Bullet hits sometimes seem to pass right through enemy"

Very recurrent...each time i check my ping , believing it got high but no...

@legacycollider said in General Weapon Physics:

Had the exact feel and everytime I've said to myself to aim better and be more precise, I thought it was me.

Another feeling is with the MG3(again, I dont know if its just me or the devs really designed it like that) . What I'm talking about is when you want to fire the "BEAST" there is a delay of a couple of milli seconds. Its not horrendous but you can feel that delay and in the heat of battle that can ruin your aim.

Thank you