How to update texture ingame.

I'm working on a skin for a truck in photoshop. When I save it to DDS and overwerite the one in "Media" folder, I have to restart the game for it to work. The thing is that for every little change I do and want to see if it fits well, I have to clos and open the game again. I've tried the "reload" and "update" options in the proving ground but, nope. Can you guys reccomend somethig?

as far as i know there is nothing. once the game is going you have to restart since it reads the files at start up.

someone correct me please if i am wrong here.

If you've spawned the truck in the Proving Grounds from the editor files ("unpacked" version/instance) then the "update" button in the dev menu should reload the outdated textures and stuff, but if you're modifying the texture from a truck you downloaded from the workshop then you will have to restart every time to see the changes. I don't think I need to reiterate that changing someone else's mod and then republishing without their permission is very much frowned upon by the majority of the modding community, do I?

@mexican_420 Easy bud. I have no intentions on republishing anything. Just tweaking it to my liking. Anyways, thanks for your reply.

@deathcoreboy1
Yeah, I didn't really mean that to come across quite as accusatory as it seemed, sorry. 🙂

I just restart the level, not the whole game.

@brazz989 I'll try that. Thanks. But I think, it takes longer to do that.
I mean:
1-Hit Escape,
2-Clic Main Menu,
3-Clic Single Player,
4-Clic Proving Ground
5-Spawn Desired vehicle

VS

1-Alt+F4
2-Double Clic on .exe
3-Hit space while Saver video is playing.

😃

@deathcoreboy1 just an FYI in case you wanted to know. you can delete the intro file to get rid of it. (intro.bik) in the main mud runner game folder or you can use the steam feature to by-pass it on start up also. although i forget exactly how to find that feature on steam, so someone else would have to chime in on that.

Yea but what i have found is that it really doesnt save that much time mainly cause your game is loading behind the video. idk though

@8up-local said in How to update texture ingame.:

@deathcoreboy1 just an FYI in case you wanted to know. you can delete the intro file to get rid of it. (intro.bik) in the main mud runner game folder or you can use the steam feature to by-pass it on start up also. although i forget exactly how to find that feature on steam, so someone else would have to chime in on that.

Thanks bro! I'll give it a try. But.. I just finished the work I was doing anyways. I'm pretty happy with the results. 😃

I hit escape, click restart.... done.

Yeah, my game takes roughly 5 minutes to load... Restart button is the only way to fly.