Shader changes (opinion)

Hello NWI

I have played a lot of Sandstorm since the Alpha and I noticed how you guys kind of changed up the shaders to be more orange and bright, however if you look at Alpha gameplay the shaders with more grey and blue to them look much more natural and interesting, I've gathered a bunch of screenshots of alpha gameplay to now, as a comparisson. I also put my video settings to very high.

The upper screenshot is always form the Alpha gameplay, the lower one from Sandstorm now.

0_1556367611042_Screenshot_5.jpg 0_1556367619440_Screenshot_6.jpg 0_1556367694756_Screenshot_4.jpg 0_1556367703659_Screenshot_1.jpg

You guys can probably see the change in looks, im not saying you guys should compleatly change the maps to look like in the alpha but please look forward to change the looks of the shader to be a little more natural in the next maps.

Here are some more screenshots:

0_1556368557007_Screenshot_8.jpg 0_1556368565040_Screenshot_18.jpg 0_1556368604892_Screenshot_7.jpg 0_1556368627904_Screenshot_2.jpg 0_1556368708499_Screenshot_10.jpg 0_1556368715447_Screenshot_3.jpg

The Alpha footage looks a lot like the old Insurgency, im pretty sad that this was scrapped.
One idea you guys could implement would be a option to make certain colours be more dominant, like how some computer screens give you the option, to for example make everything look more blue or green.

last edited by Zayzek

To be honest i prefer the actual color tone.
It reminds me more of the warm middle eastern region and therefore raises the immersion.

@gsg_9_lightning but don't you think it gets a little boring seeing the same colours over and over again?
And adding the option to ajust the game colours would do no harm to the bright "realistic" shader that you like, in general we could use some different maps, just because its Insurgency SANDSTORM doesn't mean it can't have a map like panj or verticality with different looking shader colours

last edited by Zayzek

Honestly that's the best looking map they have, with that sunset going on.
The other maps where the sun just shines white is a bit "boring", but I'm all for realism, so everything is good as it is IMO.

@sgt-kanyo sorry but realism is everything other that this haha

Ya to be honest it would be cool if it did switch it up a bit from time to time. Maybe a little weather system and different time of day... I’m not saying a huge intricate weather system like say battlefield as much as I would like that but I know this is probably difficult to do and not extremely important at this current time but hey maybe one day. Either way just think it would be cool even if it was just a little darker like overcast type setting or dusk and one time you play a map it could be sunny daytime and another cloudy dark miserable setting lol. I know that nighttime will be introduced through nighttime maps but imagine if that was also just a regular feature on every map just a huge random roll of the dice wether you get map A, B, C etc.. and if it’s cloudy sunny day or night etc. Would certainly help to add to the replay value of the current maps and ones yet to come!

but don't you think it gets a little boring seeing the same colours over and over again?

What the game needs isn't different colors. The game needs variety, such as night maps, weather conditions and different environments.

Just imagine how cool a pine forest (a bit like "Peak" in Ins2014, but better) or snowy mountains would look like. A bit of rain would look nice too. I too am getting tired of the same bright sun in maps that really look alike.

This post is deleted!

@planetcanada

@planetcanada said in Shader changes (opinion):

Ya to be honest it would be cool if it did switch it up a bit from time to time. Maybe a little weather system and different time of day... I’m not saying a huge intricate weather system like say battlefield as much as I would like that but I know this is probably difficult to do and not extremely important at this current time but hey maybe one day. Either way just think it would be cool even if it was just a little darker like overcast type setting or dusk and one time you play a map it could be sunny daytime and another cloudy dark miserable setting lol. I know that nighttime will be introduced through nighttime maps but imagine if that was also just a regular feature on every map just a huge random roll of the dice wether you get map A, B, C etc.. and if it’s cloudy sunny day or night etc. Would certainly help to add to the replay value of the current maps and ones yet to come!

an active random weather system would be great. not every time just randomize it or allow for it to be turned on in the game settings queue.