Instant kill

This has been reported since launch, is anyone ever going to fix the instant kill made by the comp snipers etc on Co-op? Multiple updates and this still hasn't been addressed, will it ever be?

Hello @AncientHoplite,

Can you please provide us more details, please? On which level did you get killed instantly?

On every level, either faction. When doing anything, jumping over objects, turning a corner, cap an object, killing Comp etc, One or more of them tend to just either instantly turn and kill you, it's completely impossible to react as it happens in a nano-second. It must be to do with how the Comp seeks targets, it's completely unnatural. It also usually happens with Snipers, Handgun users and sometimes Shotgun users. When i'm playing again, i'll try to record it and post it here.

@chaton I think he's talking about how sometimes, bots will have 100% accuracy on their first shot. It's been in the game for ages and it's incredibly infuriating.

This first-shot accuracy is really fun when paired with a bot using any one-shot-kill weapon or a mounted Dshk, although I've also been immediately headshotted before (so any gun would instakill you at that point).

EDIT: I'll also talk about another bot behavior. I'm not sure exactly what it's called, so I'll just name the behavior "chase".

The bot "chase" behavior is pretty simple. If a bot spotted a player and said player goes and hides behind cover, the bot will sprint after the player and hunt him down. This also includes the ability to round corners fast and then gun down the player.

The issue is a combination of two things:

1. The bot chasing the player strafes around corners at near-light speed.

2. Immediately after a bot strafes around a corner, his first-shot accuracy is almost always 100%.

Now, the second bullet really isn't a problem by itself. I think a bot chasing down a player who went to cover to reload should be able to gun him down. It's the first bullet that's annoying. Bots round corners so fast you have virtually no time to react as the player. All you can do, pretty much, is wear Heavy Armor and pray the bot doesn't have a one-shot weapon like a Mosin or SVD. It's why I would say Insurgent Checkpoint is easier than Security since the M14 EBR (SVD counterpart) can't one-shot Heavy Armor.

last edited by MarksmanMax

I've played around with how they use cover at long distances too at the shooting range. They seem to know exactly when you are reloading even if you are like 100m away from them without depleting your entire magazine. They'll pop out of cover the moment you begin to reload even though its near impossible to determing something like that at such a distance.

Yep, sentenced to death by "A.I.". Not realistic, not plausible. Impossible to counter with skill due to reaction time.

The picture would be completely different in case the bot would peek around the corner, detects the opponent and reacts with a strategy. For example... throwing a grenade to get you out of the corner and then enters the room or going to a different position… everything else with a brain but not like this in the vid.

Don't tell me that's not possible.

last edited by Helsing1789

@kanneltaja72 said in Instant kill:

@ancienthoplite Youtube Video

Yep, this sums up the problem pretty well. Even Shroud would be unable to counter that.

@helsing1789 said in Instant kill:

The picture would be completely different in case the bot would peek around the corner, detects the opponent and reacts with a strategy. For example... throwing a grenade to get you out of the corner and then enters the room or going to a different position… everything else with a brain but not like this in the vid.

That's what I want Sandstorm AI to be, and I'm sure it's doable.

@marksmanmax said in Instant kill:

That's what I want Sandstorm AI to be, and I'm sure it's doable.

That would be the most awesome FPS coop game ever, bar none.

last edited by kanneltaja72

Thank you for the further information and suggestions! I'll pass these on to NWI.