Approaching to the online game

Hi to all MudRunners, A friends of mine bought MudRunner for Nintendo Switch system and we would like to try the online game.

• What kind of interaction MudRunner gives to online players?
  • Can I load Logs to my friends? can I give him some fuels?
  • and then what about stopping the online game?
  • what's happen if I stop to play? could I continue to play with my friends next time without lost progress?

Please let me know because I can't find anything on internet as guide πŸ™‚
Thanks!

last edited by masterzone

What about you join a multiplayer session and try it out for yourself.

@cav00man yes you right, but I like to know how it works because I’m a good player but my friend is a fresh mudrunner.

best way to guide your friend is to lead by example. you say you are a good player and it sounds like you have the idea on how to play, i recommend just have them follow you a bit while you explain things when needed till they get the hang of things. before you know it you both should be good at it. πŸ‘πŸ½

You can give your friend fuel easily, same as repairing his truck. Just highlight your friends vehicle and give him whatever he needs.

Now for some reason loading logs in multiplayer is different, you can\t just put logs in your friends truck then he drives off. No no no, for some reason logs has to go though some horrendous ownership system. Basically it's up to your friend to highlight every log you load and ask you for ownership, it's very slow and tedious and if you load to many logs bottom ones can get buried making it difficult to highlight them.

You are better off just teaching your friend to operate a crane so he can self load his own truck. Because the whole ownership thing is just so stupid.

@justinlynch3 I heard something about Log, so if I understood the behaviour is:

ME: take logs with my crain and put them on my friends cargo
HE: my friend must highlight each dropped logs for transfer ownership from me to my friend...
Ok seems to be ok

Right?
Thanks!
Alex

@8up-local Thanks for your replay, very appreciated, love your tips here...

@masterzone said in Approaching to the online game:

HE: my friend must highlight each dropped logs for transfer ownership from me to my friend...
Ok seems to be ok

Right?
Thanks!
Alex

Yep that's how it goes.

Also, the multiplayer game is saved. You will be able to resume a game in progress, as long as you don't start a new map.

@masterzone said in Approaching to the online game:

Ok seems to be ok

Playing on XB not Switch but a tip/consideration from my experience.

Transferring ownership of logs is a real pain, especially if the other player is in the middle of doing something else, like selecting another log or using crane etc, because it always means navigating the menu and going back to what you’re doing and then repeat again and again.

Much better to agree with other player to let the crane operator first load ALL logs needed for full load (2 large, 3 medium, 4 small) and when all loading is done, then together transfer ownership one after another. Much less messing around with menus and interrupting.

Also, it is worth spending extra time being careful and making sure the logs (and log trailers) are positioned correctly so your friend can pack straight away, because if you do this badly and a log needs to be readjusted, you have to go through the whole mess to transfer ownership back again to move it and then back again to try and pack again. This will take much longer.

@zoglet thanks so much for your tips and tricks πŸ™‚