4x Scopes bounce around too much while firing.

I've noticed that all 4x scopes bounce around and misalign from where the bullets are actually travelling to. The 1x and 2x do not have this problem. It makes it extremely hard to hit targets while in full auto. Video Explanation, ignore the music lol

@crazz said in 4x Scopes bounce around too much while firing.:

I've noticed that all 4x scopes bounce around and misalign from where the bullets are actually travelling to. The 1x and 2x do not have this problem. It makes it extremely hard to hit targets while in full auto. Video Explanation, ignore the music lol

Yeah, that's because you're using a 4x scope on a goddamn LMG.

That being said, 4x scopes work far better on the OG LMGs (M249 and PKM) than the newer ones. I'd recommend only using a 4x LMG while both deployed and prone.

last edited by MarksmanMax

@MarksmanMax It happens with all weapons in the game, this isn't because I'm using an LMG. I was using a 249 because it has a bipod and accepts all the attachments I need to show off whats wrong. The bullets always land where the laser is. On a 4x, its always in the middle while the reticle itself bounces around. When I switch to the 2x, the laser is in the same spot and the dot, so it moves with the dot.

@MarksmanMax It happens with all weapons in the game, this isn't because I'm using an LMG. I was using a 249 because it has a bipod and accepts all the attachments I need to show off whats wrong. The bullets always land where the laser is. On a 4x, its always in the middle while the reticle itself bounces around. When I switch to the 2x, the laser is in the same spot and the dot, so it moves with the dot.

You're using a gun with high horizontal recoil. That's why the reticle bounces from left to right. Other weapons, like the M4A1, don't have this problem.

last edited by MarksmanMax

@MarksmanMax The M4 does, I checked. I'm trying to argue that the visual recoil of 4x optics are misaligning the reticles while firing. If you watch my video, the 4x reticle shakes violently while the bullets remain dead center. When I switch to the 1x, the bullets stay on target.

@MarksmanMax The M4 does, I checked. I'm trying to argue that the visual recoil of 4x optics are misaligning the reticles while firing. If you watch my video, the 4x reticle shakes violently while the bullets remain dead center. When I switch to the 1x, the bullets stay on target.

1x and 2x optics all stay at the center of your target because they also would IRL. That's how holographic sights work.

There's definitely something weird going on here. The bounce in the ACOG on the 249 is exactly what I would expect. The fact that the laser stays perfectly steady the whole time is not right, the two should match each other. On any gun the laser and optic should always match each others movement.