AI Bots performing the film 'Wanted'

Every match on Hardcore Co-op, the AI bots keep bending bullets round corners, and through massive flood barrier sand bags. They also keep having their guns point in one direction and yet their bullet paths keep coming at me, they're completely broken. Please fix!

Yupp. Couldn't have said it better myself.
I've had multiple occasions where I'm at the high ground proning, waay out of the bullet's trajectory and yeah the bot killed me with a precise headshot.
Another example is when I move behind cover and even after being for a second behind cover, I got a nice headshot. This has happened so many times, I lost count.

@AncientHoplite said in AI Bots performing the film 'Wanted':

Every match on Hardcore Co-op, the AI bots keep bending bullets round corners, and through massive flood barrier sand bags. They also keep having their guns point in one direction and yet their bullet paths keep coming at me, they're completely broken. Please fix!

I don't think bots actually "bend" bullets around corners. Either they just shoot through the wall itself or there's desync server-side. Still, it's happened a lot and it's bullshit.

You might want to check out this post of mine in the General section where I'm working on listing every single bot problem in detail. If I can get it to occur a few times, I might actually add in your first issue as that could be a desync bug and I haven't listed anything desync-related yet.

last edited by MarksmanMax

HAHA, yep. I have been killed by bots looking in the opposite direction.

Enemies looking away from you while ADSing you is not unique to Coop, either. Happens all the time in PVP--you see some guy standing there, looking away from you and not aiming at anything so you think you have that instant to sight in. As you raise your rifle, he headshots you because he was, as it turns out, ADSing right at you. The models simply don't reflect reality lots of times.

last edited by skillet

I don´t want to start a fight here , but have you guys ever thought about the possibility that another guy / bot might have shot you from another angle while you were aiming at that specific player / bot ?

I mean it´s possible, that you have been shot by one of the other guys and now you think the game has a broken visual mechanic or is not synchronized well enough.
You never can be really sure because there are so many other players and bots on a server.
And as we know one-shot-kills are always possible and when that happens you don´t have a marker where you can see where the shots are coming from and you cannot hear the exact direction, as you die instantly.

To be honest, it never happened to me that i was shot by a bot that was looking away from me.

last edited by GSG_9_LIGHTNING

@GSG_9_LIGHTNING said in AI Bots performing the film 'Wanted':

I don´t want to start a fight here , but have you guys ever thought about the possibility that another guy / bot might have shot you from another angle while you were aiming at that specific player / bot ?

I mean it´s possible, that you have been shot by one of the other guys and now you think the game has a broken visual mechanic or is not synchronized well enough.
You never can be really sure because there are so many other players and bots on a server.
And as we know one-shot-kills are always possible and when that happens you don´t have a marker where you can see where the shots are coming from and you cannot hear the exact direction, as you die instantly.

To be honest, it never happened to me that i was shot by a bot that was looking away from me.

Weird, because this has happened to me multiple times, once and the bot who shot me was surrounded by other bots, the next though wasn't, it was clear and he was alone pointing his gun away from me, yet he put 2-3 bullets in me, and I had the direction shot indicator on as well, it was him. This is the game where bots can shoot through giant sand bags with AKs, and you're having a hard time with this? Oh yeah, that's never happened to you, I forgot.

@GSG_9_LIGHTNING said in AI Bots performing the film 'Wanted':

I see what you're talking about here, but sometimes it's pretty clear that it's actually just one bot. Video clips can also help confirm that you did indeed die by some BS.

Hey guys
@MarksmanMax if you have footage and clips of Bots turning half-gods, would you mind sending them to me?
I will share this to our team so they can check out how you're all feeling about bots. I hope you're still enjoying the update though! Have a great one!

@Raibi said in AI Bots performing the film 'Wanted':

@MarksmanMax if you have footage and clips of Bots turning half-gods, would you mind sending them to me?

"I didn't think I'd get this far"

I could upload some of my saved replays to YouTube and maybe DM them to you? I don't actually know how to do that lmao. I'll figure it out. EDIT: I'll just make a post later in Technical Feedback with my clips and tag you in that post so other people can see it.

Also, if you're gonna share this thread with the Devs, I'd also love it if you should share this one. My post goes into a lot more detail on the current bot issues.

last edited by MarksmanMax

@Raibi I've got a video of the AI turning half-gods here:

https://forums.focus-home.com/topic/39572/examples-of-terminator-bots-per-request

It's also in my overarching Bot AI thread that I linked in the previous post.