.50 BMG (M82) and the M99 are firing to slow / and they're to weak (cant kill a Helicopter)

In the latest update the Rate of Fire of the 50 cals has been lowerd to an urealistic slow rate!
please increase it again It wasn't unbalacend!!
as seen in this video
Youtube Video – [01:39..]

last edited by FloppyCDdrive

Agreed, this is a serios issue on the Marksman class cause it makes me not even want to us the weapon anymore since the Community Test Server.

Also increase the Damage against Helicopters again !!
I can blow up a Helicopter with a MG3 and 100 rounds in no time^^ So why not let me do it with 20-25 rounds of the .50BMG / russian weirdness???!!!!

If you increase its fire rate, people run around with it like an EBR, which is completely unbalanced.

last edited by AncientHoplite

@AncientHoplite There are some players whom already run around with it as an EBR, I met them even in the Test server period, all they do is use a CQC sight like the Red Dot Aimpoint or Eotech Holographic sight or even on its ironsight with no sight attachment and a laser pointer on the M89 or the Russian equivalent on the M99 you pretty much are unbalancing it already from its real life counterpart. as stated from FloppyCDdrive.

@JPsniper said in .50 BMG (M82) and the M99 are firing to slow / and they're to weak (cant kill a Helicopter):

@AncientHoplite There are some players whom already run around with it as an EBR, I met them even in the Test server period, all they do is use a CQC sight like the Red Dot Aimpoint or Eotech Holographic sight or even on its ironsight with no sight attachment and a laser pointer on the M89 or the Russian equivalent on the M99 you pretty much are unbalancing it already from its real life counterpart. as stated from FloppyCDdrive.

Dude, not everything should be like real life, it's a game after all. And if the small optics are allowing players to use it like an EBR, then petition the devs to remove those optics as options.

@AncientHoplite I was thinking the same thing about removing certain optics not intended for the rifles, but in terms of the realism based from the games concept why the hell do you think the developers tried to implement the damage capabilities of the weapon in the first place...so the question is are we trying to go realistic with this games weapon stats or unrealistic like Call of Duty, are we going serious or silly? There is only one reason i bought and play this game and that's not for it to be like a non serious call of duty shooter.

I think it's just a Hype because lets face it a FAL or G3 or MK14 kills in one shot soooooo....

@FloppyCDdrive said in .50 BMG (M82) and the M99 are firing to slow / and they're to weak (cant kill a Helicopter):

In the latest update the Rate of Fire of the 50 cals has been lowerd to an urealistic slow rate!
please increase it again It wasn't unbalacend!!

Well, it might actually be unbalanced after the firing delay was removed, so it seems fair. I don't have a problem with the current firerate.

@MarksmanMax The thing is when you play COOP its underpowerd AF and like I said I think it's just a Hype

@FloppyCDdrive said in .50 BMG (M82) and the M99 are firing to slow / and they're to weak (cant kill a Helicopter):

@MarksmanMax The thing is when you play COOP its underpowerd AF and like I said I think it's just a Hype

I forgot to mention this, but shooting either helicopter rotor with an AMR instantly takes down the helicopter.

I think it's just a Hype because lets face it a FAL or G3 or MK14 kills in one shot soooooo....

No, a G3 or FAL takes two shots. The M14 or SVD can kill in one shot. Personally I find the new .50 caliber sniper rifles to be useless, because they are too slow and sway a lot. There is no point in using them.

@Grave said in .50 BMG (M82) and the M99 are firing to slow / and they're to weak (cant kill a Helicopter):

No, a G3 or FAL takes two shots. The M14 or SVD can kill in one shot. Personally I find the new .50 caliber sniper rifles to be useless, because they are too slow and sway a lot. There is no point in using them.

M14 should be a two-shot to Heavy Armor, actually. So is the FAL, and the G3A3 is a two-shot to Light Armor for some reason.

Using Focus to counter the AMR sway helps a fuckton.