Weapon Holding animations (far future)

So I want to start by acknowledging optimization needs and anything else anyone could possibly think of that could be more important than this because I am seeking opinions on if you feel it would help gameplay; you see in some ways it would for me.

I love Hardcore mode however I feel an unfair handicap is in place with the position of the rifle while running. And then I thought of it as also hilarious as I wouldn't run that way and I have a huge blind spot. Meow some people feel like a badass with it and others agree it's ridiculous. I dislike it and did I mention I feel handicapped by it?😤 You see its all the more real of a problem due to our movement speed. Not a mechanic adding to the difficulty I personally agree with. Does anyone agree or disagree?
So then I thought about all the different positions some people would probably like to see. Would you think in the far future it would be nice to see optional animations in the customization for different types/styles.....I just realized I am not sure how to label this...ways of moving with the weapon? weapon movement? Since they are introducing new animations anyway? I am not sure how much time is needed to create these. I do not possess that knowledge.

last edited by Max80

It’s supposed to feel like a handicap. Although holding it vertical with one arm doesn’t seem very realistic to me, I love the new pace it creates. The game feels so much more tactical and will punish players who aren’t ready to fire. You really shouldn’t sprint unless you absolutely have to.

@Tooth-Decay said in Weapon Holding animations (far future):

It’s supposed to feel like a handicap. Although holding it vertical with one arm doesn’t seem very realistic to me, I love the new pace it creates. The game feels so much more tactical and will punish players who aren’t ready to fire. You really shouldn’t sprint unless you absolutely have to.

Yeah, that's why I do like the HC animations. They do a really good job of making you feel slower.

I mean, I still think the movement speed in the other modes is complete bullshit and doesn't fit Insurgency at all.