First Custom MR Map?

@tattoo
Ah. I'm guessing Smars way would work, I have not gotten my hands on any custom models yet, and I want to leave the old stuff away from the new.

@kent_bobo, You would think. It should've worked the way I said too but doesn't because of map objects. So something's wrong and was surprised that map support hasn't been added yet. Maybe some day, huh? lol

@tattoo try spintiresmod 1.5.4 with mudrunner and i can play with custom object online and that can make the editor go in 64bits

@dan4762, thanks, I'll check it out altho I don't do MP with modded maps, atm. I was just trying to figure out for the others that want to know. Unfortunately, I failed. Sorry.

EDIT: Where did you get v1.5.4? I looked at the new site and stmods.ru and only v1.5.3.

EDIT2: Never mind. I found it down the list on stmods.ru.

last edited by Tattoo

64-bit vs. LBA
I'm not into code, but could somebody give me/us a rudimentary explanation of which of these would be more applicable to Mudrunner's obvious memory addressing issues and why?
If it's a stupidly complicated explanation, I'll try to wrap my head around it, and if neither 64-bit nor LBA is even relevant I'm okay with acknowledging my ignorance as well... lol
@Tattoo
@SmarOneNine
@dan4762
@Kent_BoBo

last edited by Mexican_420

@mexican_420, Sorry man, I have no idea.

@dan4762 said in First Custom MR Map?:

@tattoo try spintiresmod 1.5.4 with mudrunner and i can play with custom object online and that can make the editor go in 64bits

I'd be careful with this. Now that I tried it, when I open Max 2014 it asks me to activate it now when it didn't before. It may be coincidence but it never did that before so I dunno if I'd trust it. AND, I got a violation error when trying to run spintiresmod. So basically it's junk to me. Frickin' russian garbage!!!

last edited by Tattoo

@Tattoo
No worries, mate. After a quick Google search, I figured out that LBA is relevant to HDD access and has nothing to do with RAM...
Apparently 32-bit apps aren't capable of "seeing" RAM in excess of 3GB, so my presumption is that Mudrunner (being a 32-bit app) reserves 1GB for it's "back-end" stuff leaving only the remaining 2GB for loading assets like trucks and maps. Nor sure if consoles run in a 32-bit environment, but if that's the case then we may never (?) see a 64-bit incarnation of Mudrunner (gotta love that "lowest common denominator" approach) which will add a whole new wrench to the works when it comes to mods...
Anybody who might be able to shed some light on this would be a hero...
@Pavel
Any input here? I know you're a busy guy... 🙂

@tattoo i used the 4gb patch too and it work

@Tattoo
Guess I can give it a whirl, mostly I'm trying to come up with something to make the game more stable with custom content (like trucks from the Workshop)...
Few things are more frustrating than spending 2 hours running a map only to have the game crash and gank your savefile in the process forcing you to start all over again... 😕

Are there plans to support custom maps in the steam workshop?

@mexican_420 said in First Custom MR Map?:

@Tattoo
Guess I can give it a whirl, mostly I'm trying to come up with something to make the game more stable with custom content (like trucks from the Workshop)...
Few things are more frustrating than spending 2 hours running a map only to have the game crash and gank your savefile in the process forcing you to start all over again... 😕

Oh yeah, I'd be pissed off for sure but I don't have that problem. Not once has my game froze or locked up, yet, and I haven't been using the 4gig patch. I tried it but didn't notice a difference so I removed it. I've also been using mods and maps too with no problem. But I do know that some modders don't watch the poly count and their mods are poly whores and can see why some would have trouble. I've used spun and brutes mods together in a game, in ST, and my system would bog down because of the high polys. Well, that and the 100 textures they use with em. They don't optimize their mods very well as well as many others. So that's a big part of the problem.

last edited by Tattoo

the map works good for me this is my first map to mod in mud runner thanks man

@Tattoo
Might be... My PC doesn't exactly thrash the minimum specs, but it runs (ran) ST like a champ and I never had the stability issues with ST either even with a ton of trucks & maps on the go, ST+, etc.
Tempted to fire up ST again just to arse about with it and see if it's just a MR issue or if it's me...
Love them hi-poly mods tho, visual acuity has always been a thing for me, hence my long term PC master race since no console can touch a PC with the right game as far as that kind of detail is concerned...
Also Mudrunner minus mods equals console... lol

@Tattoo
Thanks for that link! I've been able to successfully complete 2 maps today with zero crashes, even using modded trucks after using Draconus' LAA tool!
Next is testing with modded trucks and custom map, fingers crossed! 🙂

@Tattoo
Thanks for that link! I've been able to successfully complete 2 maps today with zero crashes, even using modded trucks after using Draconus' LAA tool!

Do you have a crash report?

@checkmypixel said in First Custom MR Map?:

@Tattoo

Do you have a crash report?

Do you have any functional literacy skills? Why would I have a crash report if IT DIDN'T CRASH?
Troll...

Im refering to the crashes not to the fact that the dll did help you.

But I know helping people is not your thing so I guess you are getting a boner by smaktaltking instead of trying to find the Problem.

Im the troll asking for one of the reports to find something usefull in it? OMG IM SOOOOOOOOOOO TROLLING RIGHT NOW
Tell me the logic behind it. PLS

There we have your old problem with getting the moral highground by being just the way you are. ^^

last edited by CheckMyPixel

I'll continue to send my reports to the support team, thanks...
The less interaction with you going forward, the better...

last edited by Mexican_420