Warmth, pride and childlike joy

The first pictures I saw in the media from Insurgency Sandstorm did not look like in-game footage, but merely an artists vision on what Insurgency would look like when recreated once more. I imagined a game that would be very similar in mechanics to Insurgency2, recreating most of the levels with more polished versions of their former self's, only tweaking small balance elements, use better graphics, marketing and the transition to consoles as tools to stay relevant in the brutal, ever increasing consumer demand for better visuals and rightfully conquer a much larger market share by staying close to its identity as the perfect FPS game for my kind of people.

I noticed today on the news board a recreation of the legendary ministry map being released to Sandstorm, when booting up the good ol' Insurgency2, and my mind once again drifted to the thoughts I had about Sandstorm long before its birth.

Clicking the install button on Sandstorm would still be a bit too drastic as the disappointments of earlier attempts at playing the new game still hurts too much to overcome at this stage, there is limits to my pain threshold, but a hope has been rekindled.

I still believe NWI will deliver what has been dreamt and sung about around the campfires in the cold nights since those first pictures emerged, and the day may soon arise where I will fight alongside my brothers and sisters to please our one true God and drive the infidels away from our lands.

Keep it up NWI, may Allah be with you.

Damn. I didn't exepct to find high-quality literature on the forums lmao.

@Pacalis said in Warmth, pride and childlike joy:

I imagined a game that would be very similar in mechanics to Insurgency2, recreating most of the levels with more polished versions of their former self's, only tweaking small balance elements, use better graphics, marketing and the transition to consoles as tools to stay relevant in the brutal, ever increasing consumer demand for better visuals and rightfully conquer a much larger market share by staying close to its identity as the perfect FPS game for my kind of people.

I've gotta admit that this is exactly what I thought as well. I was expecting Ins2014 ported to Unreal 4, with better graphics and maybe some more mechanics and quality-of-life features, and I would easily pay $30 for that. It's why I pre-ordered Sandstorm within two hours of its release on the Steam Store.

It's sad to see that Sandstorm really has nothing in common with the base game. Maybe it'll change one day, but I'm not very optimistic.

@MarksmanMax I’ve been saying this pretty much since day one... Things like “stay true to Insurgency roots” is the main reason I pre-ordered...

@planetcanada said in Warmth, pride and childlike joy:

@MarksmanMax I’ve been saying this pretty much since day one... Things like “stay true to Insurgency roots” is the main reason I pre-ordered...

It's sad that Sandstorm is closer to Battlefield than anything at this point.