A load of suggestions. (technical)

Oui!
I have a couple of more technical suggestions for this game, and since i think those ideas really are worthwhile, i really want the devs to hear those. I had a review up on steam about the same exact suggestions, but figured this place here is likely to get more attention from the devs.
I value great graphics, so most of the suggestions here are about them.

• Eye adaptation graphical bug. You've probably heard of this already.

• Motion blur needs fixing, it currently blurs collimator sights when aiming and moving.

• The AKS-47 is oddly animated, the hand clips into the gun multiple times and the weapon is too big in your hands.

• Viewmodel shadows would really be appreciated.

• INS² legacy soundtrack as some sort of an addon to sandstorm. Who else the old soundtrack was great?

• HBAO+, bloom. Weapons reacting to the environment? I would love the weapon to get the tint of green when you are in bright grass.

• GUI animations need some more easing in/out to them. Some of the GUI transitions are really harsh.

Areas brightly lit by the sun, and also weapons with direct sun lighting on them look really washed out and bland, something needs to be done about it.
HBAO+, bloom, viewmodel shadows and fixing the eye adaptation bug can all give a helping hand in making it feel more natural, but i feel it's missing something else aswell.
Areas that are slightly darker/in shadow look a lot nicer though.

What do you think about those? Again, i'm merely listing my suggestions off the bare technical side of the game, not the actual gameplay itself. Everyone likes a nice looking game.

bump
Really feel like those suggestions should get into the consideration of the dev team.

pump bump
I might take a break from bumping this again, but it really would be great if the developers would take a look at those.

I'd probably argue that some of these aren't really technical things, like the Ins2014 soundtrack, so maybe you're better off making this post in General Discussion instead?

That being said, I pretty much agree with all this stuff. An addon for the old Ins2014 soundtrack would be awesome.

@Sir-Barnaby said in A load of suggestions. (technical):

• The AKS-47 is oddly animated, the hand clips into the gun multiple times and the weapon is too big in your hands.

There isn't an AKS-47 in the game, which rifle do you mean?

@MarksmanMax said in A load of suggestions. (technical):

I'd probably argue that some of these aren't really technical things, like the Ins2014 soundtrack, so maybe you're better off making this post in General Discussion instead?

The INS² soundtrack is really the only non-technical thang in that list. I agree with dis. But what else do you find not technical? They all touch the games technical side.

last edited by Sir. Barnaby

@MAA_Bunny said in A load of suggestions. (technical):

There isn't an AKS-47 in the game, which rifle do you mean?

The AKS-74U as it is called in the game apparently, dont really know if its right or wrong. But the rifle itself is in the game, go to the firing range and it is downstairs on the table. Take a look at the left hand idling inside of the gun, also look at the reload animations, how the hand goes into the magazine and how the cocking anim is rather off.

last edited by Sir. Barnaby

@Sir-Barnaby said in A load of suggestions. (technical):

The AKS-74U as it is called in the game apparently, dont really know if its right or wrong.

It is correct. AKSU-74 is also a common nomenclature for the same rifle.

The support hand placement looks alright to me, and I haven't noticed anything wrong with the grip on the magazine or the charging animation. Could you post a screenshot of what you're seeing?

these are all good suggestions, and I think they contribute to the game in the future; but right now, there are way too many game breaking bugs...

@MAA_Bunny I'll make a short video describing what i am seeing. If you don't see the issue, maybe you dont have it?
Ill post a vid in an hour.

@CatNipples said in A load of suggestions. (technical):

these are all good suggestions, and I think they contribute to the game in the future; but right now, there are way too many game breaking bugs...

Much appreciated!
What kind of game breaking bugs are there in the wild at the moment? I'm interested in knowing

@Sir-Barnaby invisible fire, leaning left makes it look like you lean right and end up leaning into a wall, headglitching(Like really bad), invisible walls everywhere, playing with over 100 ping is almost unplayable, updates seem to break the game even more, third person animations vs first person animations(essentially an enemy could shoot you and it look as if their gun is point straight down. It fucks with your mind because you think they aren't ready to shoot and think yoiur have more time to react...).

Made a video about the AKS clippingz.
Clicky

@Sir-Barnaby Good video.

The support hand placement I don't think is clipping at all. There's a recessed cutout in the AKSU-74 hand guard that the thumb is lying in, you can kinda see it when the hand gets taken away during the reload.

Good catch on the thumb clipping through the trigger guard when removing the magazine, I'd never noticed that before.

I'm not sure if the firing hand clips into the rifle when racking the bolt during a slow reload, but it might. It looks a bit strange as the AK dust cover overhangs the receiver a bit, and from our view the hand and finger could be legitimately under that lip. That said, to make that happen in real life you'd need to rack the bolt with the hand in contact with the receiver which is just asking the AK to bite you. There should be a small gap between the hand and rifle when charging it.

Hey @Sir-Barnaby,

Thanks for the suggestions and the clip! I'll pass them on to the team!

@chaton
Very much appreciated! Really hope those get into the game.