Shooting While Jumping

I do not understand why we you guys coded the game to prevent us from shooting while jumping. I don't see anything that it would prevent us from doing. Make it so we can at least hipfire while jumping.

No, no and again no !
There are lots of games who have that shooting while jumping feature. I never liked it !
This possibility is not helpfull when it comes to serious "realistic" gameplay.
I know its just a game and many thing are not realistic but some thing are and i like it the way it is right now.

I don´t support your petition on this particular jumping thing.

This game is not about "serious" or "realistic" gameplay. Or is it? In real life, you can 100% pull your guns trigger while jumping. Also, why does this concern you if it doesn't even effect you? You play coop. You are playing against bots. You have nothing at stake. Coop is not fast paced, nor does it require the same amount of critical thinking that pvp does.
What if this feature was added separately. Like only in pvp.

Also, on the topic of "realism"... What about sliding? That is probably the most unrealistic feature in the game. You try sliding like that irl.

@CatNipples said in Shooting While Jumping:

This game is not about "serious" or "realistic" gameplay. Or is it? In real life, you can 100% pull your guns trigger while jumping. Also, why does this concern you if it doesn't even effect you? You play coop. You are playing against bots. You have nothing at stake. Coop is not fast paced, nor does it require the same amount of critical thinking that pvp does.
What if this feature was added separately. Like only in pvp.

Also, on the topic of "realism"... What about sliding? That is probably the most unrealistic feature in the game. You try sliding like that irl.

The game is about realism, that's one of its core mechanics, and central appeal. In real life you don't see people in a war zone jumping and shooting their weapons. Same goes for sliding, that should be taken away as well. And dude, what's at stake for you, it's a game. Also are we really going to start calling PVP "fast-paced", some players play it that way, a lot don't. Lastly, in Hardcore Co-op, you'd be surprised with how much critical thinking is needed, especially with the games broken bots.

@CatNipples
I dont know what you mean exactly with coop games versus A.I. bots are not fast paced !?
I think you never spent any time on custom coop servers that have a huge amount of bots that are trying to attack the mission objectives from different entrances at the same time.
Boy , i can assure you that it is fast paced ! You must be able to encounter several assaulting bots entering the objective from different doors at the exact same time.
No human player coordinated attack has that exact timing as of those from bots. The only exception might be some friends/clanmates who communicate very well during their attack.
Been a while since i played PvP but i didn´t see lots of those coordinated attacks in PvP.

As i said Sandstorm wants to be realistic in some points while it is unrealistic on others . It´s a good mixture of both the way it is right now.
Jumping and shooting same time definatly is coming from arcade games which have nothing to do with realism.
Have you ever seen any video of real soldiers who are jumping in the contact zone ?

Sliding is also uncommon in a war scenario. If you have suicidal tendencies you might try your luck in CQB / CQC and look how far you come with sliding down a corner on your knee protectors.
It is a very unstable body position and if you miss your shots on the enemy/enemies you will not have any hard cover to protect you from being shot.

In FPS games though i like the dynamic slide move only if the player can shoot during slide ( last time seen in Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter - GRAW , which has been a few years now ).

@CatNipples Shooting while jumping wasn't a thing in Ins2014, so I don't really see a reason to add it to Sandstorm.

@AncientHoplite I really don't care about coop or the players who come with it. Anyone can be good at coop, and there isn't, if not any room to expand skill in coop aside from coop only skills. It's like taking a speed runner from CoD and placing him in PVP. They are polar opposites. That speed runner is not going to stand a chance! It's because of the mindset. He/she is used to a specific pattern and knows what is coming, same with coop, just repetition of the same thing over and over and over and over....... Secondly, coop is like the most casual gamemode I have ever seen in any game. You are just playing it for the sake of playing it. No quests or missions to complete and no upgrading of your character or weapons! Yes, actually playing the game, there is communication and such, idk what else. I just don't see the point of spending hours playing something with no progression. The bots aren't going to go to the forums and complain that the players are killing them to easily. Hell you could add aim assist to coop, or laser guns, anything... but it will always be the same bots, same maps, same this and that. It's like creating a world in minecraft, in creative mode, and just flying around with no point to it.

last edited by CatNipples

@GSG_9_LIGHTNING Maybe it's just the feeling I get from win an exchange of bullets, ingame, with another human being, and not a mindless bot.

what progression do you get in pvp? a rank up system? i wish coop didnt have that....ohh wait

This game is not about "serious" or "realistic" gameplay. Or is it? In real life, you can 100% pull your guns trigger while jumping.

Sure ... you can ... but you'll never hit a damn thing. It'd be a waste of ammo and effort.

Been there, done that, it works. The mechanics in game are a bit wacky, but sliding into cover is totally realistic.

@AncientHoplite I really don't care about coop or the players who come with it.

You clearly don't play co-op or know anything about it, so please, stop talking crap about something you don't even understand.

@MAA_Bunny It's kinda ironic that you come in here and say that I have no clue about coop... When it is my opinion about coop. Also, this post is clearly about pvp, so puts you in the position to question my knowlage when you have no clue about pvp.

@MAA_Bunny Sliding "LIKE HOW YOU SLIDE IN THE FUCKING GAME!" I know for god sake that you can slide into cover irl, but some how gain momentum and slide 10+ feet on any surface is 100% unrealistic. You my friend need a reality check or get the fuck out of my post.

Also, this post is clearly about pvp

I guess I missed the part where you qualified "I want to be able to shoot my gun while jumping" with "but only in PvP" - or was that supposed to be somehow obvious?

You my friend need a reality check or get the fuck out of my post.

You did say "most unrealistic feature in the game" - that's a pretty high bar, and I don't agree with your assessment. Sliding isn't perfect but seems fairly realistic, though it's been a few years since I've had the pleasure of sliding into cover wearing tactical gear and holding a rifle. If you think bunny hopping is more realistic than sliding, cool, I guess 🙄

@MAA_Bunny Bunny hoping isn't even in the game. What?

@MAA_Bunny if you don't wanna shoot your gun while jumping, then don't. I don't think the bots will care

@MAA_Bunny Bunny hoping isn't even in the game. What?

Isn't that exactly what you're asking for? What do you think is going to happen if you can shoot while jumping?

@AncientHoplite I really don't care about coop or the players who come with it.

Ok, good for you. Moving on

That speed runner is not going to stand a chance! It's because of the mindset. He/she is used to a specific pattern and knows what is coming, same with coop, just repetition of the same thing over and over and over and over...…

First of all, you act as if everyone stays in one lane, and I guarantee you that 80% of the playerbase play both gamemodes and are adequate at both. Secondly, you do realise the PVP is also the same thing over and over, and the players make it that, they move to the same objective, capture it, camp near the door, move to second objective, move back to first when it's being captured, rinse and repeat. Stop acting as if PVP and Co-op are completely foreign from each other, they're not.

Secondly, coop is like the most casual gamemode I have ever seen in any game.

Again, ok, good for you, glad you have that opinion.

You are just playing it for the sake of playing it. No quests or missions to complete and no upgrading of your character or weapons!

Sorry, are we playing the same game, what alternative "quests", "missions" and "upgrading character and weapons" does PVP get that Co-op doesn't. lol, this is getting entertaining.

Yes, actually playing the game, there is communication and such, idk what else. I just don't see the point of spending hours playing something with no progression.

Well, if you don't see the point in spending hours playing something with no progression, then why don't you ask the devs to implement something instead of asking for a silly shoot and jump mechanic.

The bots aren't going to go to the forums and complain that the players are killing them to easily. Hell you could add aim assist to coop, or laser guns, anything... but it will always be the same bots, same maps, same this and that. It's like creating a world in minecraft, in creative mode, and just flying around with no point to it.

You could say the same for PVP. Once a certain amount of players play the game for a short time, they all follow the same routine and actions, usually because they know it works. And the only thing that changes that is new content and updates, then you'll see a change and that also applies to Co-op.